Gaming FIFA 19

deafepl

I can't retain the balls so well, the first touch is so meh in FIFA 19, got lost with the movement, sometimes they didn't react to pass and unable to dominate the football because of awful first touch that led to losing possession as I like to play tiki-taka football, it is pissing me off. I hope it won't be same as FIFA 19 full game.

izec

The gameplay will change with a new update anyway. As if it would stay like the demo. They did it last year too

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Played a couple of games earlier before work. Always tough to judge playing against the AI, but it feels quite a bit better. Don't quite understand this double tap shoot mechanic they've put into the game. You'd think you should be pressing it so that's it's in your stride but it's not quite right.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Played a couple of games earlier before work. Always tough to judge playing against the AI, but it feels quite a bit better. Don't quite understand this double tap shoot mechanic they've put into the game. You'd think you should be pressing it so that's it's in your stride but it's not quite right.
Yeah it's nonsense to me :/ regular way is the best.

AgentP

I've left it on whilst on the demo, I'll make my decision based on whether it can be adjusted / exploited on FUT. If shots can be cannoned in from miles away then I'll have to get used to it.
The normal shots I take are mostly landing in the centre of the accuracy/power bar. I think this can make a difference during corners. I usually mistime those headers because I keep pressing shoot.

Shark

@NotShark
The gameplay will change with a new update anyway. As if it would stay like the demo. They did it last year too
Yep, the demo is actually pretty pointless in judging the gameplay. I’d wager if you went back and played all of the demos from previous titles, it’d be like night and day to EA’s ‘’finished” product.

P-Nut

The normal shots I take are mostly landing in the centre of the accuracy/power bar. I think this can make a difference during corners. I usually mistime those headers because I keep pressing shoot.
All normal shots, without a double press stop in the middle anyways. It's only when you double press that it actually does anything. I played on amateur earlier just to get a feel for when to press etc. It's only really feasible on long range strikes with lots of open space, but you don't really need it for them to go in as a lot fly in anyway.

pascell

I can't retain the balls so well, the first touch is so meh in FIFA 19, got lost with the movement, sometimes they didn't react to pass and unable to dominate the football because of awful first touch that led to losing possession as I like to play tiki-taka football, it is pissing me off. I hope it won't be same as FIFA 19 full game.
I find the bolded part quite interesting, wasn't the first touch aspect one of the new 'features' in fifa 18? Although they were often awful touches and players often had to break stride to control the ball.

P-Nut

Driven through balls down the flanks are unreal this year, they actually look amazing, but they are way to overpowered.

Baxter

Every shot seems to be a rising shot. Anyway to hit a dipping shot instead? The timing is quite easy but seems to be a lack of variation on shot types.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Every shot seems to be a rising shot. Anyway to hit a dipping shot instead? The timing is quite easy but seems to be a lack of variation on shot types.
My guess is it depends on when you press shoot for the second time. Maybe ever so slightly later will make it dip. feck knows.

I personally think the game is exactly the same with slightly improved graphics and slightly more fluid game play. To be honest though, adding champions league and a fully licensed La Liga is a huge addition in itself, so by EA’s standards we can excuse the lack of significant gameplay improvements.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Some things are good and fun some things are shit. Basically don’t play against the AI because it hasn’t been improved for about 5 years. The way any team retains the ball like prime Barcelona on crack despite being pressed to death always fecks me off so much.
They made massive strides to improve this from 17 -> 18. The difference was clear as day, the AI was completely revamped, probably to do with Squad Battles being introduced.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Any idea on when the web app is out?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Did you though? I’ve honestly gotten a lot better since we played last (that must’ve been FIFA 17?). Went from being a Gold 1/Elite 3 player to finish Elite 1/2 pretty much every time.

I can objectively say that xbox may be slightly more difficult but there’s a very tiny difference. Loads of great players on the PS4 too, and most pros have switched from Xbox to PS4 now that icons are on PS4 as well.

I’d love to play against you. I’m going to play the FIFA 19 EA Access pre-release on xbox, you up for a game then? :)
Yup won every game :) Think the first game you gave me a run that was it. I don't play anymore unfortunately... My little girl I still very young and cant get time. I'll be back for Fifa 24, I'll get you a game then :rolleyes:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Yup won every game :) Think the first game you gave me a run that was it. I don't play anymore unfortunately... My little girl I still very young and cant get time. I'll be back for Fifa 24, I'll get you a game then :rolleyes:
Ahh, okay then. But yeah, you were really good. Shame you don’t play anymore, though I can see how being a parent prevents you from having the time to play the 40 games :p
I’ll wait for FIFA 24 then!

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Just played the Demo and first impressions are good so far.

Game definitely feels improved in comparison to 17/18 and the levels of pressure between the defence and attack are actually noticeable in different areas of the pitch, rather than it being fairly monotone.

Passing in the final third doesn't seem as easy with poor passers. It was a foregone conclusion in previous versions whereby a 1-2 in the final third with any odd striker allowed you to get into a position to get a shot away. The flicks seem unnecessary addition but they could become 'overpowered' if used correctly and players will probably take advantage of this weeks go by. Shooting, dribbling and first touch are obviously the stand-out changes and the physicality compliments those depending on the players you are controlling.

Graphics, player models and variations in passing/trajectories of the ball is where the game lacks with respect to PES.

pascell

My guess is it depends on when you press shoot for the second time. Maybe ever so slightly later will make it dip. feck knows.

I personally think the game is exactly the same with slightly improved graphics and slightly more fluid game play. To be honest though, adding champions league and a fully licensed La Liga is a huge addition in itself, so by EA’s standards we can excuse the lack of significant gameplay improvements.
Didn't someone on here say that EA weren't improving gameplay because the sponsored players would have to learn a whole new game?

Brinky

New shooting timing system has made me realise how often if used the driven low hard shot :(

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played about 7 games.

Pros

- I've had some shots from outside the box that are actually powerful rather than FIFA 18 where they seemed pretty slow but still went in. Your classic sting the hands of the keeper type shot, I like this.
- New animations are nice and have added some variation but that's the minimum expected.
- 50/50s seem pretty interesting and I have seen it go either way, including a scramble that fell to me in the box. But I'm wary I've said this about 50/50s before.
- Certain passes seem like they can actually get through now, like high balls that were always constantly intercepted by the defender.
- The little icon that shows you who you will change to if you press L1.
- All the new detailed stats about who you've played, where the goals were scored, etc...

Cons

- AI still so unrealistic. Impossible to press into losing the ball 90% of the time they just Barca it around you with always a passing option available. My own team AI running out of the box when it's extremely clear a cross is about to come back in.
- Still seems a bit too easy to play in a fast player down the sides. AI defence is always so high.
- AI never fouls me. I played seven games and got one free-kick outside the box. Just not realistic.

Not sure

- This R1 no touch thing. I'm sure it does something cool but I've not really figured out how to work it. I just get bundled over trying to use it.
- The timed shooting. Played on Amateur to get a feel and I kept doing it early. When I finally timed one perfect it went in like any other goal. Keeper should've saved it if anything.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'd say I'm slightly impressed.

I do notice more variation in first touches, balls out to wide positions both on the ground and in the air certainly have more variety too which I really like. The graphics seem slightly improved.. That's about it really.

Crosses still don't have enough venom on them from what I've experienced so far. Passing in close quarters is, not the same, but not massively different. Personally haven't noticed a difference in tackling.

Don't understand the timed finishing thing. Played a game on amateur to get a feel for it and I haven't really nailed it down. It really feels like yellow/green is what happens when you ignore the timed finish system and all you do is leave yourself open to the disastrous red finish where it goes nowhere near the goal. So I don't see the point of it. As someone said, if they just made it so that it was important to take the shot in your stride, when you're on balance etc then it would have been better, simpler to understand and more realistic.

But yeah, overall I'd say it's grand like.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Played about 7 games.
Not sure

- This R1 no touch thing. I'm sure it does something cool but I've not really figured out how to work it. I just get bundled over trying to use it.
- The timed shooting. Played on Amateur to get a feel and I kept doing it early. When I finally timed one perfect it went in like any other goal. Keeper should've saved it if anything.
To utilise it, the receiving player has to be stationary (for most part) and it works best if you flick the ball towards the direction you received the pass form. Saying that - you can push it in a direction that you feel can unbalance the opponent as long you hold R1 and wait till the ball is close to you before moving your left stick. Will take some getting used to for it to prove advantageous though.

The timed shooting does seem to add power and curve, try it in the training mode before kick off.

P-Nut

New shooting timing system has made me realise how often if used the driven low hard shot :(
This is the one reason I'm hoping it's compulsory on FUT. At times last year every goal I conceded was a pea roller along the floor with the double tap. Hopefully this change can add a bit of variety.

Not sure

I've had some success with it when dribbling to be fair, but that's the no touch that was in the game last year, just now it seems to be slightly improved in the way it works.

I'd upload a clip of it if I knew how, I feinted with Isco and the defender took a step that way and then I knocked the ball in the original direction I was going. It looked fecking mint. Managed it another couple of times since. Can't quite get to grips with the disguised first touch though, just doesn't seem to do anything.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Playing with City you can just R1 triangle to Sterling and he's through on the right side every time.

Hoof the ball

Playing with City you can just R1 triangle to Sterling and he's through on the right side every time.
They've finally sorted out the broadcast camera at last!! Looks tv realistic at last (especially if you use custom settings). With the improvements of the gameplay, it really plays well this way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They've finally sorted out the broadcast camera at last!! Looks tv realistic at last (especially if you use custom settings). With the improvements of the gameplay, it really plays well this way.
Did you mean to quote that?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Tried the demo. How the feck do people decide to spend money on a FIFA game after playing that? Graphics are terrible, players look nothing like their real life counterparts, gameplay is arcadey, players still run like they’re ice skating. I mean just wtf?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Scored this just now. Nice that it shut Lee Dixon up too.

Also this second one which I feel is more interesting. In Fifa 18 that rebound shot is going over the bar or straight to the keeper with no power. It’s refreshing to see it actually be rifled into the corner like a proper follow-up.

ThaReaper01

I watched someone play the demo and it looked horrible. Players looked to be gliding around. There were no physics or momentum involved. It looked like an arcade game and I mean that in the NBA Street/NFL Blitz way, not the quasi arcade stuff EA had been putting out.

red4ever 79

Bought every Fifa from the beginning upto Fifa 16. Gave it a break for a couple of years due to the bad reviews. Played the demo of Fifa 19 this morning and it's the same shi*. I mean seriously, updated squads aside, its exactly the same. Very bad

Macern

Pee pee pants
I honestly don’t get the criticism. I think it’s the best demo since... forever? I can’t remember the last time they changed the gameplay that much, and it feels fantastic right now. I understand the people complaining about lack of changes in career mode and pro clubs, but beyond that I don’t get it.

P-Nut

Scored this just now. Nice that it shut Lee Dixon up too.

Also this second one which I feel is more interesting. In Fifa 18 that rebound shot is going over the bar or straight to the keeper with no power. It’s refreshing to see it actually be rifled into the corner like a proper follow-up.

The fact that every single game he has the same commentary for the opening goal is doing my head in already. Hope that isn't the case for the actual game otherwise I'll have to turn off commentary and just have music on.

P-Nut

I honestly don’t get the criticism. I think it’s the best demo since... forever? I can’t remember the last time they changed the gameplay that much, and it feels fantastic right now. I understand the people complaining about lack of changes in career mode and pro clubs, but beyond that I don’t get it.
I think you only really notice the changes if you have put loads of hours in. The changes aren't massive, but they are improvements that needed making. My only thing is how much is going to change on that first patch or 2