Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Ole90+3

If me and the bird were going for some nice food and on the booze after all night it would cost us £150 easily

Meal on average would be £50

Each drink the missus has is usually somewhere from £8-15 because she drinks Vodka or cocktails only
Surely you go halfers on a night out with the missus?

A nice meal = £35 each
A pint = £5.30

Average night out £70. Suppose you could spend £100 if you are hitting the pints hard, or all you drink is mixers/cocktails.

Thread derailed. Apologies.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Surely you go halfers on a night out with the missus?

A nice meal = £35 each
A pint = £5.30

Average night out £70. Suppose you could spend £100 if you are hitting the pints hard, or all you drink is mixers/cocktails.

Thread derailed. Apologies.
Yeah that's what I wrote it would cost us £150. Still a lot of money to piss against a wall. Back on topic... I might put £20 in this year for drafts to begin with but I have no issue with people investing in FUT.

My mate plays Golf and has no issue with buying a £300 club or whatever. Same kind of thing to me.

Shark

@NotShark
Haven't played properly since fifa 18. Got 20 on early access trial.

Oh my god what an awful football game. What the hell has happened to it?
Literally the least unrealistic football simulator ever.

The pace of everyone is way too quick.
Not to mention if any half decent winger gets a run on your wing backs then it's a goal.

Ai seems to have a complete breakdown to the improvements it made a few years ago

All this game is about is doing fancy flick and random skill moves to pass players. How often does this actually happen in real life?

This game is not for me.
Is it really that bad or a you exaggerating a tad bit? Early impressions seem rather decent in comparison to last year.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Think it's more the principal of paying to get more coins to buy better players a bit sooner and not so much actually buying the game. Like, to get the same players, you could just play the actual game and you'd get the same result. Instead people spend real money to speed up the building process so they don't have to use average players, which is just a waste of money IMO. You're essentially spending real money to get coins to buy players so you don't have to play the game to get these coins to buy players.
Fair point, but if you don’t build your team fast then you’ll end up with a comparatively worse team to your average opponent, you’ll lose more and as a consequence your rewards will be worse which will make it even slower to build your team. And vice versa, if you get a flying start in terms of team building then you’ll enjoy playing against teams that are worse than yours, you’ll win more, get better rewards and get an even better team.

That was the reason behind me spending a lot of money even before the game is out. I’m hoping to have a team far better than the average team in the first weekend league to increase my chances of a very good finish which will help me out with building a better team for the next WL and so on.

In FIFA 19 I didn’t spend anything on packs at all and it made it impossible for me to compete with the best even though I may be skilled enough to do so. Which was why I only managed Elite 2 on my own account, but when I borrowed @Lemansky’s account in April I got top 100 first try which eventually led to me signing a contract with a Norwegian club.

I do appreciate everyone not spending money on the game, I absolutely hate EA and their manipulation directed towards children and potential victims of gambling addiction. It’s the reason why I haven’t spent anything in the last couple of years, but now I’m trying to make a «career» out of playing FIFA and I hope to eventually earn money playing it so it kind of justifies it for me, although I do feel a bit guilty for giving EA my money :nervous:

If anyone considers spending money on the game at all, my advice would be to spend everything right now and nothing more for the rest of the game. It’s not worth it later on. If we ignore the morality and look at it from a subjective point of view (after all, the collective actions from everyone reading this will make a microscopical difference anyway), for everyone who spends a lot of time in FUT it’s definitely worth spending a bit of money now. A cinema ticket costs £10-15 and that’s two hours of entertainment. A night out may well cost 100 quid and that might not even be fun at all. 1000 games of fifa is 200+ hours of in-game time.

Last edited:

Macern

Pee pee pants
Is it really that bad or a you exaggerating a tad bit? Early impressions seem rather decent in comparison to last year.
Personally I love it. My first impression is that it’s the best FIFA in many many years, maybe ever? I’m sure scripting/bullshit is going to change my view on it, but I don’t have anything to complain on right now and I’ve played 14 games in FUT.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Personally I love it. My first impression is that it’s the best FIFA in many many years, maybe ever? I’m sure scripting/bullshit is going to change my view on it, but I don’t have anything to complain on right now and I’ve played 14 games in FUT.
I feel like it's always like this at the start until the first patch changes things! But looking forward to it anyway, didn't feel like buying EA access for 10 hours extra, but I do always love the beginning of fifa cycles and I stay addicted to it for probably 3-4 months while I'm building my team.

Which also adds on to my other point, the whole building process of your ultimate team is my favourite part of FUT every year. Starting off with a mediocre team, improving every week and seeing how it improves your play until you build the dream team. I've found that every year once I get my "dream teams", I pretty much instantly start playing less and less and phase out ultimate team and fifa. So by spending money on points it's like I'd be shortening the life cycle of fifa for myself, and skip over my favourite parts. Even still i normally spend like $40 per fifa, and feel guilty as feck about it when I inevitably get nothing :lol: Whatever though, each to their own, you're much better then me so I'm sure you always have goals to get elite 1/top 100 so the better team you have the easier that will be.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Spent points last night and got this team now. Hoping most will rise in prices so wont end up losing loads. Need to buy a better keeper and hopefully a replacement for Ceballos but not much coins left.

Heaton

TAA—Gomez—Laporte—Robertson

Ceballos—-Rodri—-Silva

Hudson Odoi—Aub—Sterling

Macern

Pee pee pants
I feel like it's always like this at the start until the first patch changes things! But looking forward to it anyway, didn't feel like buying EA access for 10 hours extra, but I do always love the beginning of fifa cycles and I stay addicted to it for probably 3-4 months while I'm building my team.

Which also adds on to my other point, the whole building process of your ultimate team is my favourite part of FUT every year. Starting off with a mediocre team, improving every week and seeing how it improves your play until you build the dream team. I've found that every year once I get my "dream teams", I pretty much instantly start playing less and less and phase out ultimate team and fifa. So by spending money on points it's like I'd be shortening the life cycle of fifa for myself, and skip over my favourite parts. Even still i normally spend like $40 per fifa, and feel guilty as feck about it when I inevitably get nothing :lol: Whatever though, each to their own, you're much better then me so I'm sure you always have goals to get elite 1/top 100 so the better team you have the easier that will be.
In your case I can definitely see why spending money wouldn’t be a good idea. That probably goes for a lot of people, building teams is a big part of the fun.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t sell any of the cheap high rated players btw. Immobile etc is going for around 12k but he’ll definitely rise in price when squadbuilders etc come out.

RedDevilRoshi

With the Champions edition it says you can play 4 days early how does that work? CAn you buy it now? Or download it from the store? HELP.

You can pre-order the champions edition either in store or online and will be able to play it on the Tuesday.

I’ve pre-ordered it from Smyths Toy Store and will be picking it up at the midnight launch event.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just been watching a few videos on ultimate team on YouTube and there is one guy (Bateson) that’s loaded up 1,980,000 in fifa points.

Isn’t that worth £25,000 or something??

If so what an absolute loser that’s not for content purposes that’s straight up an addiction pure and simple.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Just been watching a few videos on ultimate team on YouTube and there is one guy (Bateson) that’s loaded up 1,980,000 in fifa points.

Isn’t that worth £25,000 or something??

If so what an absolute loser that’s not for content purposes that’s straight up an addiction pure and simple.
He will be on YouTube and Twitch, and probably get coins from EA. He has 1.3M followers on YouTube he will be making A LOT of money. £25,000 is nothing, it’s basically his job. These guys are worth close to a Million. Something needs to be done about it, as it’s influencing your kids and packs are addictive, it is gambling.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He will be on YouTube and Twitch, and probably get coins from EA. He has 1.3M followers on YouTube he will be making A LOT of money. £25,000 is nothing, it’s basically his job. These guys are worth close to a Million. Something needs to be done about it, as it’s influencing your kids and packs are addictive, it is gambling.

I get it’s his job but nobody can ever convince me that spending 25 thousand pounds on virtual cards is acceptable. His money, his choice though but he definitely has an addiction problem and really should seek treatment.

Yes I’d agree there really needs to be laws brought in to protect kids from thinking like idiots.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I get it’s his job but nobody can ever convince me that spending 25 thousand pounds on virtual cards is acceptable. His money, his choice though but he definitely has an addiction problem and really should seek treatment.

Yes I’d agree there really needs to be laws brought in to protect kids from thinking like idiots.
Would you make a £25k investment if you knew it would bring you back £200k?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

The fact that he has 1.3m followers basically watching him opening card packs that really mean nothing in the real world is scary IMO. If he didn’t spend the money on pack openings people simply wouldn’t watch him, he may have a problem but right now, he’s making a lot of money from it.

nooshka

I’ve just packed Fabinho and can see he’s going for 60k+ is it worth selling now or keeping hold for s few days?

Macern

Pee pee pants

What? I seriously doubt that. All of the similar youtubers do the same for the simple reason that they earn money by doing it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah he’ll be able to use a tax write off surely too. Cause it’s effectively a business expense.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Last fifa I bought 36k points in the beginning of the game and started reasonably well but lost interest a couple months in, and so told myself never again.

However.

I'm extremely tempted and I haven't even tried the demo yet :nervous: bastards have got me by the ballsack.

Thing is I can't be fecked with all the trading aspect, and neither can I be fecked to commit to every single weekend league so inevitably fall behind; sometimes letting my squad value depreciate to shite and my initial investment being worth nothing cos I forget to sell the team before logging off the game for a bit

Bojan11

£200 is nothing.

I seen people literally put in thousands in the game. Crazy money but it is what it is. EA made it pay to win and that’s what you going to get. If the UK bans points then that will have a big impact.

bosnian_red

£200 is nothing.

I seen people literally put in thousands in the game. Crazy money but it is what it is. EA made it pay to win and that’s what you going to get. If the UK bans points then that will have a big impact.
It's really not pay to win though. I've never noticed a massive difference in the weekend league playing with cheap, quality teams compared to over 1mil teams. 2-3 wins over the 40 games when it used to be 40 games at most. People just want to use the best players and gambling with packs is addicting for them, but I definitely wouldn't say its pay to win when you can get the super teams in reasonable time without spending money.

No Love

Interesting the variety of perspectives regarding buying packs in here. Personally, I choose not to buy packs, simply because the ‘grind’ of building from the bottom is where my fun comes from. Last year I ended up with one or two icons, namely prime Keane and it was a lot of fun playing with him, knowing that I had to work to get to that point.

Another experience that put me off buying packs dates back to FIFA 13. I ventured into the online store, bought a few packs early and used the coins to buy a top team. From that point on, I would hate losing to ‘Cheap Sweat Teams’, simply because I had paid the cash for stellar names. I was very aware that I had spent cash on the players I was using, yet if someone was better than me, then it made little to no difference at all. Kind of a, ‘I spent money but I still can’t beat them’ type of moment. So now, win, lose or draw, I haven’t poured money into it, apart from the initial outlay, so really cares?

Perhaps I’m just more of a casual these days, or maybe I’m pretentious, but I just enjoy trying out new teams, bronze cards, old players and players that I like in real life. The whole ‘META’/Weekend League thing is fun for 2/3 weeks, then it gets stale. Having sufficient coins to try out lesser used teams and players is good enough for me!

bosnian_red

Interesting the variety of perspectives regarding buying packs in here. Personally, I choose not to buy packs, simply because the ‘grind’ of building from the bottom is where my fun comes from. Last year I ended up with one or two icons, namely prime Keane and it was a lot of fun playing with him, knowing that I had to work to get to that point.

Another experience that put me off buying packs dates back to FIFA 13. I ventured into the online store, bought a few packs early and used the coins to buy a top team. From that point on, I would hate losing to ‘Cheap Sweat Teams’, simply because I had paid the cash for stellar names. I was very aware that I had spent cash on the players I was using, yet if someone was better than me, then it made little to no difference at all. Kind of a, ‘I spent money but I still can’t beat them’ type of moment. So now, win, lose or draw, I haven’t poured money into it, apart from the initial outlay, so really cares?

Perhaps I’m just more of a casual these days, or maybe I’m pretentious, but I just enjoy trying out new teams, bronze cards, old players and players that I like in real life. The whole ‘META’/Weekend League thing is fun for 2/3 weeks, then it gets stale. Having sufficient coins to try out lesser used teams and players is good enough for me!
Yep exactly the same for me. I always make 2 teams, in no way the meta teams. One team is usually a Bosnian team, the other is always a past and present United team. Probably used Giggs more than any other player last year, yet most people seem to hate using him. Just so much more fun when you don't care about being competitive and just take what you get (which is usually the same level anyway).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Okay I’m playing it with EA access and... it’s really good?

It’s nothing like the demo. In fact it felt like such a different game for me for the first couple of matches online. There feels like a lot more freedom and possibilities, moreso than any fifa I’ve played before. I know people say that a lot but this is way more different than usual. I had a few frustrating games getting used to it.

It just feels like everything I want to do I can do to an extent. It’s a lot harder to ping pong passes about and you actually need good passers to pull things off which means build up play is required a bit more. I’m doing some lovely turns in midfield to leave players in the dust.

Shooting feels very new as well and the strikes feel fun. There’s a bit of a weird delay sometimes though and players seem to love taking a first touch but apart from that it’s really good.

Anything that happens actually feels like it’s because of a good reason. I’m getting shots blocked but they’re being realistically blocked and then there’s others that sneak through and others where I just have a clean shot on goal. It feels less frustrating.

I dunno it’s hard to describe but it just feels enjoyable and like I’m playing an actual football match at times.

Fully aware I’ll come in here ranting at some point.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@Solius I couldn't agree more. I'm really enjoying it, I'm dreading them patching it to appease the minority that are complaining about it though.

The weight of the players is class, I feel like when things happen, they have a reason behind them and the game isn't just screwing me over.

Also the new passing system they have used, means that the stats actually make a difference. I packed Gotze to play at CAM instead of Dahoud, and the difference is huge. I hope it carries on throughout the year and doesn't just get cancelled out as better players become available.

RedDevilRoshi

@Solius I couldn't agree more. I'm really enjoying it, I'm dreading them patching it to appease the minority that are complaining about it though.

The weight of the players is class, I feel like when things happen, they have a reason behind them and the game isn't just screwing me over.

Also the new passing system they have used, means that the stats actually make a difference. I packed Gotze to play at CAM instead of Dahoud, and the difference is huge. I hope it carries on throughout the year and doesn't just get cancelled out as better players become available.

My biggest worry every year when it comes to FIFA games.

Woodzy

I’m wondering if the fan base is split by offline and online players. I think it’s awful to play offline.

On legendary, I won my first career game against Chelsea 5 - 1 and second career game against Wolves 6 - 2 (I scored all 6 with Lingard and the goals were almost identical).

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Anyone got an advice on this please?
He's one of the best CDMs in the PL, and he's more affordable than Kante, so I imagine he'll rocket up in price in the first few weeks. If it was me I'd only sell him if I was buying players who are equally like to shoot up in price.

Shark

@NotShark
I’m wondering if the fan base is split by offline and online players. I think it’s awful to play offline.

On legendary, I won my first career game against Chelsea 5 - 1 and second career game against Wolves 6 - 2 (I scored all 6 with Lingard and the goals were almost identical).
Ah don’t tell me it’s too easy again. :(

Eric7C

For anyone finding it too easy to play offline, increase the passing error and decrease the passing speed of both the player and the CPU (of the player more than the CPU), among other settings. The last FIFA edition I played was 16, but adjusting those sliders made the game much more interesting.

Edit: Also, create custom formations and tactics for each team. For example, make the CPU play with two defensive midfielders. Ask the wingers to track back. It will be a lot more difficult to score.