Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Fair point, but if you don’t build your team fast then you’ll end up with a comparatively worse team to your average opponent, you’ll lose more and as a consequence your rewards will be worse which will make it even slower to build your team. And vice versa, if you get a flying start in terms of team building then you’ll enjoy playing against teams that are worse than yours, you’ll win more, get better rewards and get an even better team.

That was the reason behind me spending a lot of money even before the game is out. I’m hoping to have a team far better than the average team in the first weekend league to increase my chances of a very good finish which will help me out with building a better team for the next WL and so on.

In FIFA 19 I didn’t spend anything on packs at all and it made it impossible for me to compete with the best even though I may be skilled enough to do so. Which was why I only managed Elite 2 on my own account, but when I borrowed @Lemansky’s account in April I got top 100 first try which eventually led to me signing a contract with a Norwegian club.

I do appreciate everyone not spending money on the game, I absolutely hate EA and their manipulation directed towards children and potential victims of gambling addiction. It’s the reason why I haven’t spent anything in the last couple of years, but now I’m trying to make a «career» out of playing FIFA and I hope to eventually earn money playing it so it kind of justifies it for me, although I do feel a bit guilty for giving EA my money :nervous:

If anyone considers spending money on the game at all, my advice would be to spend everything right now and nothing more for the rest of the game. It’s not worth it later on. If we ignore the morality and look at it from a subjective point of view (after all, the collective actions from everyone reading this will make a microscopical difference anyway), for everyone who spends a lot of time in FUT it’s definitely worth spending a bit of money now. A cinema ticket costs £10-15 and that’s two hours of entertainment. A night out may well cost 100 quid and that might not even be fun at all. 1000 games of fifa is 200+ hours of in-game time.
In your opinion is it best to get standard edition then buy packs or the more expensive championship edition which gives you free packs 1 a week for 12?

Macern

Pee pee pants
In your opinion is it best to get standard edition then buy packs or the more expensive championship edition which gives you free packs 1 a week for 12?
It depends on how much you want to get the game on tuesday. If you don’t mind waiting until friday I’d recommend buying the standard version and spend the money on packs on friday.

Marksy7

Against @Wedge better judgement I folded and ordered the champions edition yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'd like to think we can all agree ea need to move away from the packs system because the scrutiny they'll get from more and more people will only increase and rightly so, I know someone who spent £500 on Fut years ago and had to borrow money off me to get food for the last week before payday. I personally think they'll go down the battle pass route like many others.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
The demo is nothing to write home about. Same shit different year (as always)

I guess the gameplay was a bit slower and there's more emphasis physicality and timing tackles.

I found the lack of movement amongst AI-controlled players on my team pretty annoying.

Wal2Fra

I'd like to think we can all agree ea need to move away from the packs system because the scrutiny they'll get from more and more people will only increase and rightly so, I know someone who spent £500 on Fut years ago and had to borrow money off me to get food for the last week before payday. I personally think they'll go down the battle pass route like many others.
The thing for EA is that it is not a requirment to pay for packs. Yes, it helps build teams or complete challenges quicker but they don't force it on you.

There are people who can build teams through trading and don't spend a penny. EA simply leave the choice there and it get's taken up on by people with no patience to build or don't have the ability to win with a weaker team. It is them who pay, get nothing, complain, pay again rinse and repeat.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The thing for EA is that it is not a requirment to pay for packs. Yes, it helps build teams or complete challenges quicker but they don't force it on you.

There are people who can build teams through trading and don't spend a penny. EA simply leave the choice there and it get's taken up on by people with no patience to build or don't have the ability to win with a weaker team. It is them who pay, get nothing, complain, pay again rinse and repeat.
Yes and that kind of pattern happens year on year with people who are susceptible to gambling addiction, which the game developers are fully aware of, hence why there needs to be an outright ban on loot boxes.

AaronRedDevil

It's weird I'm actually enjoying this fifa. Gameplay feels more...fluid. they seem to have improved the interceptions too. The defence is still a nightmare with the tackling but I can see some improvements. Can't wait for the patch to revert it back to shit.

RedDevilRoshi

It's weird I'm actually enjoying this fifa. Gameplay feels more...fluid. they seem to have improved the interceptions too. The defence is still a nightmare with the tackling but I can see some improvements. Can't wait for the patch to revert it back to shit.

This is what always ruins the FIFA games. Really annoying as no need to fix something that doesn’t need fixed.

Reading some of the comments on the FIFA EA Forums, the game is getting very good reviews by the folk who have it on early access. Only ones moaning are the ones that want EA to revert it back to an Ice Hockey game with ping-pong passing and players running non-stop at 100MPH.

Last edited:

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Yes and that kind of pattern happens year on year with people who are susceptible to gambling addiction, which the game developers are fully aware of, hence why there needs to be an outright ban on loot boxes.
Totally agree look what happened with battlefront 2. Fifas time is coming soon I think.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The worst thing about ultimate team for me isn't the buying of packs, it's the way the game tries to force you to spend atleast a couple hours a day on it to get decent rewards (squad battles, need 4 games a day) makes it feel like more of a chore than enjoyment.

Wal2Fra

But how do you think that EA could change this system, without getting hit in the pockets, which from a business sense is what matters?

The worst thing about ultimate team for me isn't the buying of packs, it's the way the game tries to force you to spend atleast a couple hours a day on it to get decent rewards (squad battles, need 4 games a day) makes it feel like more of a chore than enjoyment.
This for me is the biggest issue.

To complete the required squad battle matches, whilst also competing in weekend league and the additional rivals matches required for the rewards is insane.

Of course, not everyone looks to complete all 3 for top rewards so more easily avoidable from a player sense.

I always thought the WL should be an extra day Thurs morn-Sun evening.

Whilst the squad battles should either be:
A) be for a shorter set number of days
B) games can be played at players discretion, instead of the update system.
C) less total games.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Are you playing with constant pressure?
Nope, I've left all the settings as they start, I do sometimes go more attacking, but even turning it back to normal my defense goes ape shit near the end. I don't change formation or anything either.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
But how do you think that EA could change this system, without getting hit in the pockets, which from a business sense is what matters?
By implementing the Fortnite strategy, a "Fifa Pass" which will reward everyone that pays with additional weekly rewards. I'm confident they already have this as a solid contingency plan. They'll milk this lootbox style method for as long as they can until there is Government intervention though.

Wal2Fra

By implementing the Fortnite strategy, a "Fifa Pass" which will reward everyone that pays with additional weekly rewards. I'm confident they already have this as a solid contingency plan. They'll milk this lootbox style method for as long as they can until there is Government intervention though.
Sorry, I am not clued up on Fortnight or how it works but isn't that still the same sort of thing? You still need to pay for rewards, is it simply more restricted to a once a month payment as opposed to pay whenever?

So for 10€ a month you would get say 10 packs or something along those lines.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How are you guys getting such good teams? Is there any way i can improve it using only the web app? I've got about 900 coins and my best non loan player is Fred :lol:

I guess you're all sinking money into it? I'm going to build up through match coins but I'm not wasting coins on mid 80s players this year.

No Love

Like the look of that @DWelbz19 .

@pocco you could try doing some very basic trading methods. For example, just pick one player who sells for around 550-600 coins and mass bid on their minimum value of 350. If you do it through the Companion App you can quickly bid on the cards, then go about your day and check in after 20-30 minutes to see how you did (Don’t go past this point, generally, otherwise you’ll tie your coins up for elongated periods of time). You’ll miss out on more than you win, but the ones that slip through the net can get you a small profit each. It’s pretty boring and the profit is small but it’s not taxing and doesn’t require much screen time. I like it because I can do it in 5 minutes and then go do other things. Overall, using this method since the Web App released, I’ve managed to put together a very basic Gold starter team from the Premier League and have just under 10k in the kitty. Obviously nowhere near what some of the guys have posted in here previously, but like I outlined before, I like the grind and the slow build. Having a rudimentary team and 10k in the coffers is my starting point for the full release this week, which I’m quite satisfied with. Obviously in your case, you might need to sell a player to grease the wheels to begin, but once you get 2/3k, it’s much more simple.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've resisted so far and only been tempted when I looked in here again :lol:

My Fifa cycle tends to be:
Put £70 into it
Start slow as I've not played it for 10 months
Actually get pretty good at it (20 or so wins in WL)
Then feel exhausted at how much you have to play it to keep up
Give up after 2 months
Sell my Fifa coins for around £60-100
Wait 10 months :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How are you guys getting such good teams? Is there any way i can improve it using only the web app? I've got about 900 coins and my best non loan player is Fred :lol:

I guess you're all sinking money into it? I'm going to build up through match coins but I'm not wasting coins on mid 80s players this year.
I bought £20 worth of FIFA points.

The best way to begin is to get a foundation of about 10k coins and start doing the advanced SBCs.

Worst case scenario: once you’ve completed, you’ll break even, or with a little profit. Best case scenario: you’ll pack somebody half decent and earn a decent wedge.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I bought £20 worth of FIFA points.

The best way to begin is to get a foundation of about 10k coins and start doing the advanced SBCs.

Worst case scenario: once you’ve completed, you’ll break even, or with a little profit. Best case scenario: you’ll pack somebody half decent and earn a decent wedge.
I fecking hate SBC I suck at even the basic ones.

Probably because I can't do puzzles and I'm not patient either!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
My team so far. Should be able to afford Sancho in the next few days

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I fecking hate SBC I suck at even the basic ones.

Probably because I can't do puzzles and I'm not patient either!
Use these as guides (don’t copy like for like because people will be using the same players and their prices will increase).

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges/ALL/10

E.G. if we take ‘Elite Eight’ - that’s a 6k SBC with the reward being a Prime Gold Players pack (a 45k pack).

Go through the completed squads on Futbin and work out which ones are best value for money, and complete those. Gradually work to doing the trickier ones.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This sounds truly awful, EA can go feck themselves.

It’s embarrassing but they’ll continue to get away with it because people pump an obscene amount of money into fifa points and not realise how they’re being manipulated/they do and they’re just dumb.

Yeah, I realise this is career mode but UT has a massive impact on the rest of the game.

It’s dumb how they can have a bug as big as this still in career mode in a release which should be the full game. There’s another where if you edit boots in career mode of a player it changes their position completely.

I’m annoyed as I’ve missed playing Fifa/PES and haven’t picked up a copy since 17 but this is just bad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Use these as guides (don’t copy like for like because people will be using the same players and their prices will increase).

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges/ALL/10

E.G. if we take ‘Elite Eight’ - that’s a 6k SBC with the reward being a Prime Gold Players pack (a 45k pack).

Go through the completed squads on Futbin and work out which ones are best value for money, and complete those. Gradually work to doing the trickier ones.
Thanks. I'll give this a go!

Shark

@NotShark
It’s embarrassing but they’ll continue to get away with it because people pump an obscene amount of money into fifa points and not realise how they’re being manipulated/they do and they’re just dumb.

Yeah, I realise this is career mode but UT has a massive impact on the rest of the game.

It’s dumb how they can have a bug as big as this still in career mode in a release which should be the full game. There’s another where if you edit boots in career mode of a player it changes their position completely.

I’m annoyed as I’ve missed playing Fifa/PES and haven’t picked up a copy since 17 but this is just bad.
What makes it even worse is that a few months ago EA actually made statement that they’d specifically fix AI teams not underestimating you and play strong teams in CM, so the cnuts have once again lied to us. I’m not buying this game, not even when it goes on sale, enough is enough.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Couldn’t watch that YouTube vid cause of the bloke rambling and not actually getting to the point.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Couldn’t watch that YouTube vid cause of the bloke rambling and not actually getting to the point.
Basically teams in career mode randomly don’t play their starting 11 and play a full youth team so you have things like Man City in last after 12 games as they’ve lost 10 and teams like Brighton in 2nd.

I watched another video where someone was Everton and managed to buy Joe Gomez for 20m and Lindelof for 25m. :lol:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
As im sharing an account with a trader, we have a pretty nice team to start with. Will list team below.

The game is so different. It has some good points and some bad points. The defending is very difficult which I like, but the switching and responsiveness isn't great which makes it too hard. Feels like things don't register at all which is very frustrating. I like the game, but it needs to fix these little things early on.

Rebound goals have to be fixed. Everyone just shoots across goal from anywhere and it falls to their player every time and there is nothing you can do about it.

Team

----------------Horn-----------
Walker--Hernandez--Sule--Schulz
-----Fernandinho--Goretzka--------
Pepe-------Lacazette-------Coman
------------Martial----------------

Will probably change a few things around. Love Goretzka, hes a beast

Marksy7

Got around 70k to play with after few squad battles, just need to vuidl a half decent squad

Any advice? I know the PL always more expensive

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Got around 70k to play with after few squad battles, just need to vuidl a half decent squad

Any advice? I know the PL always more expensive
Really hard to tell at this stage, but get yourself some pace as pace is back with a bang. Goretzka is brilliant for me in CM.

Lemansky

As im sharing an account with a trader, we have a pretty nice team to start with. Will list team below.

The game is so different. It has some good points and some bad points. The defending is very difficult which I like, but the switching and responsiveness isn't great which makes it too hard. Feels like things don't register at all which is very frustrating. I like the game, but it needs to fix these little things early on.

Rebound goals have to be fixed. Everyone just shoots across goal from anywhere and it falls to their player every time and there is nothing you can do about it.

Team

----------------Horn-----------
Walker--Hernandez--Sule--Schulz
-----Fernandinho--Goretzka--------
Pepe-------Lacazette-------Coman
------------Martial----------------

Will probably change a few things around. Love Goretzka, hes a beast
You need to team up with a better trader mate;)