Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
You need to team up with a better trader mate;)
Haha there he is! Tbf to Ryan, I have done nothing and we have this team and a TP worth around 300k or more. Good thing is, the team value has risen today so could make coins if we want to change things

I want Sterling but he doesn't want to splash that much just yet :lol:

Lemansky

Haha there he is! Tbf to Ryan, I have done nothing and we have this team and a TP worth around 300k or more. Good thing is, the team value has risen today so could make coins if we want to change things

I want Sterling but he doesn't want to splash that much just yet :lol:
Ryan is good. You guys will get a top account no doubt. I am giving this year a pass. No time for it, and I weirdly don’t feel a need to play it at all. I am struggling to get free time to sleep atm:lol:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Ryan is good. You guys will get a top account no doubt. I am giving this year a pass. No time for it, and I weirdly don’t feel a need to play it at all. I am struggling to get free time to sleep atm:lol:
When things settle down you will get the itch and you will be back :lol: Hope all is well

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
So, i havent played fifa since february and im starting to miss it a bit. Should i buy fifa 20? I must say fifa 19 started getting very toxic with its vicious mechanics and when i remember that i lose interest but overall, i love football (the sport itself) and the concept behind FUT is great when you get to have your personalised squad and all that, also pro clubs is always a good laugh when i play with my buddies... hmmm tough decision for me. I really don't miss fifa aids hehe

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So, i havent played fifa since february and im starting to miss it a bit. Should i buy fifa 20? I must say fifa 19 started getting very toxic with its vicious mechanics and when i remember that i lose interest but overall, i love football (the sport itself) and the concept behind FUT is great when you get to have your personalised squad and all that, also pro clubs is always a good laugh when i play with my buddies... hmmm tough decision for me. I really don't miss fifa aids hehe
I was considering not buying this version but the early access was actually really fun for the first time in years. I'm still very cautious though as they often patch it to appease the whiny little kids.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Kept all players 83 or higher to sell when prices rise form Squad builders etc. If I had a decent stock pile of coins I'd just buy a load of 84s dirt cheap right now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Getting it Wednesday but been building my starter team on the app.

currently have:

GK - Dubravka

RB - Smith
CB - Lindelöf
CB - VVD (Loan)
LB - Cresswell

CM - N’Didi
CM - Maddison
CM - Wijnaldum (Loan)

RF - Deulofeu
LF - Jota
ST - Jiménez

Starting in a 4-3-2-1 and will probably switch to 4-2-3-1 in game.

Obvious upgrades are at FB, they’re really expensive this year! Will probably go for Shaw and AWB once they update his price range. Thinking about Stones/Rudiger to replace VVD and also not sure about who I would get after Wijnaldum loan is up.

luke511

Can anyone tell me if AI defending is still very present/OP in the game? Or have they reverted back to the old manual style of defending which was used in FIFA 13, 14, 15?

Noc-Z

ffs
I've been scraping together what I can on the mobile app and have this team:-

--------------Aguero (loan)----Gray------------
Fraser-----Stephens---Kovacic------Sancho (loan)
Bertrand-----Kelly-----Van Dijk (Loan)----Maitland-Niles
---------------------Romero-------------------------

Hardly mindblowing, but enough there to get me going and earning. Got £3K in the bank so between now and Friday maybe be able to make some minor upgrades!!!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can anyone tell me if AI defending is still very present/OP in the game? Or have they reverted back to the old manual style of defending which was used in FIFA 13, 14, 15?
Its gone, defending is the hardest its ever been. They have removed AI defending but stuck with tactical controls instead of the old legacy style.
You have to defend with the player and defend well.

luke511

Its gone, defending is the hardest its ever been. They have removed AI defending but stuck with tactical controls instead of the old legacy style.
You have to defend with the player and defend well.
That's encouraging, although I remember they did the same at the start of FIFA 18 then brought it back after the first patch, wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again.

Bojan11

It’s gone.

I tested it the other day with a friend and unlike last year when you dribbling at someone and they not controlling the player then there’s no auto tackle or anything it’s easy to just run past them.

Only issues is tackling can sometimes result in the ball still being with the attacker and player switching seems to get worse every year. Player switching should be the only thing they need to fix for the next patch unless something big comes out in the next week or so because usually after a week people find what’s overpowered.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
If anyone is building a budget Serie A team, Rebic is your man

Last edited:

luke511

It’s gone.

I tested it the other day with a friend and unlike last year when you dribbling at someone and they not controlling the player then there’s no auto tackle or anything it’s easy to just run past them.

Only issues is tackling can sometimes result in the ball still being with the attacker and player switching seems to get worse every year. Player switching should be the only thing they need to fix for the next patch unless something big comes out in the next week or so because usually after a week people find what’s overpowered.
Great news cheers, looking forward to playing a FIFA where I can take advantage of human error when dribbling again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s gone.

Yeah this was a shock in my first game online :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

It’s gone.

Fantastic news as far as I’m concerned.

Bought the game now and waiting for it to download.

Reading the EA Forum, apparently a few posters on there saying the squads haven’t been fully updated? Man Utd still have Darmian, Smalling & Sanchez in their squad. Anyone on here that has the full game able to confirm this? Pretty s*** tbh, if true!

Wal2Fra

Packed AWB, insta sold for 10k.

Some trading money till release (screw you those who have the early release versions!)

padr81

Supports
Man City
That's encouraging, although I remember they did the same at the start of FIFA 18 then brought it back after the first patch, wouldn't be surprised if they did the same again.
Yup I have to say when even Kurt is praising it, its a good game. Not perfect but the best Fifa in yonks.

Small issues with passing and personally I wish it was just a tad quicker overall. Other than that the ball still falls back to the attacker a little too often but nowhere near the shit show deflections of 19 where you'd make 2-3 perfect tackles and never get the ball. Finishing is still a little too inconsistent though again 2000 times better than 19. Mainly the problem is within 6 yards of the keeper its too hard to get it by him. Anything from about 8-15 yards is usually a goal unless you try a low driven (they're shite). So its acceptable compared to last season where it was easier to score from 35 yards on the volley than from the peno spot.
Dribbling itself feels a little sluggish but I think thats down to the overall pace of the game, that said when you leave a defender for dead unless he's super fast, he's not recovering.

Player switching is the big one and the only thing that's not better than 19 (its not worse either), I'm gonna try it ball relative tomorrow instead of relative to the controlled player to see if its better but for now that needs tidying up.

I've only played about 8 matches in all but it already feels like a good game, something I never thought I'd say of Fifa. Few tweaks and it could be a legit 9/10 game, I've never played a Fifa I'd give more than a 7. Really promising.

luke511

Yup I have to say when even Kurt is praising it, its a good game. Not perfect but the best Fifa in yonks.

Small issues with passing and personally I wish it was just a tad quicker overall. Other than that the ball still falls back to the attacker a little too often but nowhere near the shit show deflections of 19 where you'd make 2-3 perfect tackles and never get the ball. Finishing is still a little too inconsistent though again 2000 times better than 19. Mainly the problem is within 6 yards of the keeper its too hard to get it by him. Anything from about 8-15 yards is usually a goal unless you try a low driven (they're shite). So its acceptable compared to last season where it was easier to score from 35 yards on the volley than from the peno spot.
Dribbling itself feels a little sluggish but I think thats down to the overall pace of the game, that said when you leave a defender for dead unless he's super fast, he's not recovering.

Player switching is the big one and the only thing that's not better than 19 (its not worse either), I'm gonna try it ball relative tomorrow instead of relative to the controlled player to see if its better but for now that needs tidying up.

I've only played about 8 matches in all but it already feels like a good game, something I never thought I'd say of Fifa. Few tweaks and it could be a legit 9/10 game, I've never played a Fifa I'd give more than a 7. Really promising.
Nice one cheers, will give the early access a go tomorrow.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It’s undoubtedly more manual than in the start of fifa 18.

Bojan11

I wouldn’t bother with ball switching as you’d probably struggle tracking runners. As the right stick will just switch to the players nearest to the ball.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Yeah for anyone asking about defending.... it is so difficult at the minute (I like it). If I am defending with my full back against a winger and I make a big mistake I am punished for it. Last year Robert Huth would catch Aubameyang :lol:

Such a good game so far, just need to fix a few things. I think my biggest annoyance would be rebound goals.

RedDevilRoshi

One of the beat FIFA’s I have played for God knows how long? I love the pace of it, every single pass doesn’t feel ping-pongish and every single one of my shots aren't ending ending up top bag which made the last number of FIFA titles too easy and boring.

Defending is a challenge but a challenge that I’m enjoying. Need to time your tackle correctly, otherwise you are going to get punished. Happened to me a couple of occasions and only had myself to blame.

Only main downside I have is the squads haven’t been updated. Man Utd still have Darmian, Smalling & Sanchez in their squad. Hopefully this gets updated very soon.

Having said that, I now await EA to release the inevitable, dreaded patch that will ruin what looks like one of the best FIFA’s in a long time and revert it back to it’s predecessors. Shame but I guess they’ve got a children’s UT fan base to cheer up so the money doesn’t stop rolling in.

SirAF

Ageist
One of the beat FIFA’s I have played for God knows how long? I love the pace of it, every single pass doesn’t feel ping-pongish and every single one of my shots aren't ending ending up top bag which made the last number of FIFA titles too easy and boring.

Defending is a challenge but a challenge that I’m enjoying. Need to time your tackle correctly, otherwise you are going to get punished. Happened to me a couple of occasions and only had myself to blame.

Only main downside I have is the squads haven’t been updated. Man Utd still have Darmian, Smalling & Sanchez in their squad. Hopefully this gets updated very soon.

Having said that, I now await EA to release the inevitable, dreaded patch that will ruin what looks like one of the best FIFA’s in a long time and revert it back to it’s predecessors. Shame but I guess they’ve got a children’s UT fan base to cheer up so the money doesn’t stop rolling in.
I agree about both points.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Anyone played clubs yet? Fifa 19 clubs was basically an older version of Fifa. I need to know if Fifa 20 clubs is actually Fifa 20 gameplay

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I changed my team and went with a Bundesliga side. Much more value for money than the PL. Sniped a Aranguiz randomly for 750 so I started looking at prices and eventually just sold my PL team.

Ter Stegen (Loan)

Da Costa
Stark
Vogt
Max

Hazard
Aranguiz
Forsberg
Bailey

Volland
Kramaric

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Didn't realise it'd be absolutely impossible to get without pre-ordering.

PS4 is prone to overheating when I get the soft copies of games so that's a no-no.

Ah well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait to play this later today. And so I can finally get the pre order packs and start buying and selling properly. Have like 25k worth of players right now but don't plan on selling James without using him, while I want to wait for some SBC's to sell the 84's and Pjanic. So will be a completely trash team to fill in the rest at the start until I save up a bit.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Not yet, going to play in the weekend. I’ll let you know
Might be on at some stage this weekend myself. Let me know though when you try it out. Hope its like FUT/online gameplay

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I really hope speed wise they don’t change it. Much more deliberate now and it means you can only use pace in appropriate areas wide or in behind not through the middle of a packed midfield.

Defending is a real adjustment but it’s so much more realistic.

Good positioning>Tackling I’ve found particularly in career mode.

Sounds silly but it feels a lot more realistic playing as United clearly the strengths lie out wide with the pace and trying to play through the middle doesn’t work

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Turned on the game for the first time and had 2 rare gold packs there (not sure if it's for pre-order or whatever else). Got Jordi Alba in one and Kovacic in the other! Get in.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Might be on at some stage this weekend myself. Let me know though when you try it out. Hope its like FUT/online gameplay
If it's FIFA 20 gameplay it could be amazing. Everyone would be forced to pass and move, which is all I've ever wanted from clubs.