Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

JB7

Yes.

Go to 5:50 on this video. Man City were relegated in this lads first season.

Even more worrying is United won the league.
It's absolutely ridiculous. Big clubs have been playing weakened teams against you for years in Career Mode and they swore they had fixed it this year but to actually make it worse and extend the weakened teams to all league games (by all accounts the big clubs use their proper teams in cup games). I've no idea how the Career Mode department are still in a job after the abominations of the last few years.

Some of the glitches I've seen this year have been incredible - getting sacked for giving a player too low of a release clause, a few years down the line the Europa League messing up after the second round of competition of going no further, editing players glitching them out entirely. How can they release a game so full of bugs and not even bother to patch it on day 1?

It's a shame because the gameplay seems a lot better this year overall, slower and more of a football sim than arcade game - I'm sure they'll patch it and ruin it like they normally do though and make the game 120mph again. I'm stick to PES until FIFAs been out for a while to see if they bother fixing Career Mode this year.

Shark

@NotShark
It's absolutely ridiculous. Big clubs have been playing weakened teams against you for years in Career Mode and they swore they had fixed it this year but to actually make it worse and extend the weakened teams to all league games (by all accounts the big clubs use their proper teams in cup games). I've no idea how the Career Mode department are still in a job after the abominations of the last few years.

Some of the glitches I've seen this year have been incredible - getting sacked for giving a player too low of a release clause, a few years down the line the Europa League messing up after the second round of competition of going no further, editing players glitching them out entirely. How can they release a game so full of bugs and not even bother to patch it on day 1?

It's a shame because the gameplay seems a lot better this year overall, slower and more of a football sim than arcade game - I'm sure they'll patch it and ruin it like they normally do though and make the game 120mph again. I'm stick to PES until FIFAs been out for a while to see if they bother fixing Career Mode this year.
I think that's what's finally causing the ''career mode community'' to go all out on Twitter/Reddit, it's actually worse than ever somehow. I genuinely think they could be brought to court for false advertising if this isn't patched day 1.

red4ever 79

I think that's what's finally causing the ''career mode community'' to go all out on Twitter/Reddit, it's actually worse than ever somehow. I genuinely think they could be brought to court for false advertising if this isn't patched day 1.
Hi Shark,

Thanks for the updates mate. I dont really follow twitter and all that social nonsense. The last Fifa i bought was Fifa 16. I wanted to get Fifa 20 but I only play career mode and nothing else. Do you think they are going to fix this issue?

Shark

@NotShark
Hi Shark,

Thanks for the updates mate. I dont really follow twitter and all that social nonsense. The last Fifa i bought was Fifa 16. I wanted to get Fifa 20 but I only play career mode and nothing else. Do you think they are going to fix this issue?

EA are getting a lot of heat at the moment on social media and for the first time there's actually some famous individuals coming out stating frustrations with CM, so fingers crossed EA will listen. See below.

KingCantona87

Pardon my cynism but this deliberate feck up of career mode by EA is purely their trademark passive-aggressive way of forcing people to move onto FUT instead. I really hope I am wrong and would like it to be fixed on Day 1 but knowing those shitc**ts at EA like I do, they won't fix it and will likely ruin it further.

red4ever 79

Pardon my cynism but this deliberate feck up of career mode by EA is purely their trademark passive-aggressive way of forcing people to move onto FUT instead. I really hope I am wrong and would like it to be fixed on Day 1 but knowing those shitc*nts at EA like I do, they won't fix it and will likely ruin it further.
I wont ever waste my money on packs or coins or whatever this shite is that people are doing with this game. Im actually trading in Hitman2 tomorrow because they want to charge you for the new missions that have been released. Sick of all these scroungers

Wal2Fra

Gone with an all French team ready for release tomorrow:

Ruffier
Aguilar--Kimpembe--Zouma--Roussillon
Tolisso--Doucouré
Rabiot
Thauvin--Benzema--Lemar

Want to upgrade Doucouré by tomorrow and hopefully Zouma soon after but happy with that to start off with. Bring it on.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Ruffier
Tolisso--Doucouré
Rabiot
Thauvin--Benzema--Lemar

Want to upgrade Doucouré by tomorrow and hopefully Zouma soon after but happy with that to start off with. Bring it on.
How have you managed that without having the early access? My team is shocking, going to grind squad battles tomorrow night.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Ruffier
Tolisso--Doucouré
Rabiot
Thauvin--Benzema--Lemar

Why don’t you just play normal games with the French National team?

luke511

I've just beaten someone 7-2 on FUT, that scoreline was impossible in the last few years due to the mechanics and gameplay. Big fan of how they've made dribbling possible and defending more of a skill again, much more fun.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
---------------Lopes
Saravia--Pepe--Dias--Rui
---------Bruno---Can
---Cuadrado-----A.Gomez
---------Verdi----Muriel

Last year I played with all the complete medium pace players like Mandzukic, SMS, Hamsik, Lucas L. or Willian Jose in my fitness team, but feck me, with headers seemingly dead and players being able to get away from defenders with ease again it just seems stupid not to go for midgets out wide and up top. I'm still adjusting to the new gameplay, but thus far it actually feels okay, despite the aforementioned strength of pace. Let's see how EA will ruin it with their first update.

Wal2Fra

How have you managed that without having the early access? My team is shocking, going to grind squad battles tomorrow night.
Through trading. Picked up a few tios and managed to build from there.

Why don’t you just play normal games with the French National team?
I really enjoy UT and going against mixed teams but other than a Prem team I have never found a good hybrid/league team that I enjoyed.

The French team is good though because the players are spread out across big leagues, so can easily be changed down the line when I get some money through gameplay.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How the feck do I tackle? I swear if I’m not controlling a player he literally just watches the ball even if it’s on his foot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Am I missing a button or something :lol: I cut inside and get instantly shoved off the ball every time but they do it to me and my players are weak as feck.

Kostur

海尔的老板
How the feck do I tackle? I swear if I’m not controlling a player he literally just watches the ball even if it’s on his foot.
Am I missing a button or something :lol: I cut inside and get instantly shoved off the ball every time but they do it to me and my players are weak as feck.
You sound like a 80 year old grandpa mistaking his Facebook wall for Google.

Be frank, just how shit is this game?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Defending is much better now, apparantly. Don’t you prefer shadowing the attacker perfectly but still not being able to make a clean tackle because its literally impossible to? I mean, i think its great when an attacker launches a through ball that im easily covering but for some reason can’t gravitate towards the ball so i end up running off into nomansland because fifa won’t let me get the ball. And the way that they’ve made it so you either have to slide tackle to the floor or do some ridiculous lunge using circle instead of a more intelligent and realistic way of tackling in close proximity i think should be applauded.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Career mode is frustratingly still poor! In my career City are 15th place Liverpool 16th! This is ridiculous and the fifa forums have been silenced with lots of valid criticisms removed!

Gameplay wise I think this is my favourite fifa defending is much more realistic you no longer dive into tackles as your primary defence instead you jockey until a heavy touch is made or you’re able to outmuscle the player. Much more realistic than previous years and actually requires thought.

The pace is still perfect, fast players are only useful when they have space, smaller players feel like they can exploit tighter spaces but nobody feels like they can run full pelt through an organised defence.

Such a shame EA hates the career mode fanbase though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Defending is much better now, apparantly. Don’t you prefer shadowing the attacker perfectly but still not being able to make a clean tackle because its literally impossible to? I mean, i think its great when an attacker launches a through ball that im easily covering but for some reason can’t gravitate towards the ball so i end up running off into nomansland because fifa won’t let me get the ball. And the way that they’ve made it so you either have to slide tackle to the floor or do some ridiculous lunge using circle instead of a more intelligent and realistic way of tackling in close proximity i think should be applauded.
That's not true though is it.

You can't sprint into a tackle and not expect to get dribbled around, you need to use L2/LT to jockey and trap the opponent. Most of the time you don't even need to press tackle, never mind go to ground.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You sound like a 80 year old grandpa mistaking his Facebook wall for Google.

Be frank, just how shit is this game?
At this point that's impossible to tell. Usually release a gameplay patch in the first days of the game that fixes one thing and fecks up another. Only then can you actually play the final version and then it takes a week or two until some sort of (online) meta is formed and you understand what's particularly effective this version.

Shark

@NotShark
Guys, I’ve come up with a sort of temporary solution to the lineup bug in career mode and it’s worked so far, until/if EA patch it. Go into edit teams and basically transfer all players at the big clubs under 70 overall to ‘’free agent’’. Then when you start a new career mode don’t use updated squads and the AI will be forced to field full strength teams, cause all the youth/reserve players are removed.

RedDevilRoshi

Has the issues with the squad updates, career mode, UCL groups etc etc all been fixed or are EA still ignoring them?

If this was a FUT issue, you can bet your bottom dollar, EA would certainly not allowed it to drag on as far as this.

Pity as the gameplay this year is the best it’s been for a very long time.

EDIT - seems like it’s been updated according to some posters on the EA Forums.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Guys, I’ve come up with a sort of temporary solution to the lineup bug in career mode and it’s worked so far, until/if EA patch it. Go into edit teams and basically transfer all players at the big clubs under 70 overall to ‘’free agent’’. Then when you start a new career mode don’t use updated squads and the AI will be forced to field full strength teams, cause all the youth/reserve players are removed.
You have to do that team by team @Shark?

Shark

@NotShark
You have to do that team by team @Shark?
Yep, but it's super quick. Once you transfer one player to free agent, you can work your way down and keep pressing X. Make sure you don't remove too many low rated players though, as if they pick up injuries they won't have enough players and get disqualified and lose 3-0 automatically. Remove all the academy players though. I started a new career last night, played City and they fielded their full strength and absolutely battered me 4-0 so be warned :lol:

Not sure if this will only work for the first season or not, as the big clubs may start hiring youth prospects once the window opens. Hopefully not.

red4ever 79

Yep, but it's super quick. Once you transfer one player to free agent, you can work your way down and keep pressing X. Make sure you don't remove too many low rated players though, as if they pick up injuries they won't have enough players and get disqualified and lose 3-0 automatically. Remove all the academy players though. I started a new career last night, played City and they fielded their full strength and absolutely battered me 4-0 so be warned :lol:

Not sure if this will only work for the first season or not, as the big clubs may start hiring youth prospects once the window opens. Hopefully not.
Keep me posted

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It was pay day for me today so I bought Fifa at 7 this morning and set it to install while I go to work. I get home at 5:30PM tonight and will be playing this straight through until around 3AM.

My lass is fuming because I become a complete ignoramus when Fifa comes out. Any plans are being put on the back burner for the next few weeks.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

You can't sprint into a tackle and not expect to get dribbled around, you need to use L2/LT to jockey and trap the opponent. Most of the time you don't even need to press tackle, never mind go to ground.
Yeh but my issue is any defender you’re not controlling just stands there dead in his tracks. They don’t even jockey and keep in a normal position themselves. Its literally impossible to control two players at the same time like they expect. Its not realistic in any sense. When have you seen a right back just stand still and let an attacker run past him in real life? In fifa you want to control the centre back so you can show the attackers away from the box, but your fullback doesn’t help you, he just stands still. So you have to choose him instead, but meanwhile your centre back is now dead to the game so stops defending and lets the opposition make a run behind him into the space your full back has vacated. In a normal situation the centre would stop him. Its ludicrous at times.

When the through ball comes in the players you aren’t controlling just stand there and watch it go past them. There has to be some sort of intelligence left in players you are not in control of but instead its like playing with sunday league defence vs premier league opposition.

red4ever 79

It was pay day for me today so I bought Fifa at 7 this morning and set it to install while I go to work. I get home at 5:30PM tonight and will be playing this straight through until around 3AM.

My lass is fuming because I become a complete ignoramus when Fifa comes out. Any plans are being put on the back burner for the next few weeks.
You want to get a missus like mine. She has even gone to pick it up for me now at the Game store!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
My packs have been so dead on FUT. I'm going to have to get extremely thrifty in the coming weeks and play a shit tonne of matches.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeh but my issue is any defender you’re not controlling just stands there dead in his tracks. They don’t even jockey and keep in a normal position themselves. Its literally impossible to control two players at the same time like they expect. Its not realistic in any sense. When have you seen a right back just stand still and let an attacker run past him in real life? In fifa you want to control the centre back so you can show the attackers away from the box, but your fullback doesn’t help you, he just stands still. So you have to choose him instead, but meanwhile your centre back is now dead to the game so stops defending and lets the opposition make a run behind him into the space your full back has vacated. In a normal situation the centre would stop him. Its ludicrous at times.

When the through ball comes in the players you aren’t controlling just stand there and watch it go past them. There has to be some sort of intelligence left in players you are not in control of but instead its like playing with sunday league defence vs premier league opposition.
It changes once you get used to it. I can defend pretty well now, normally don't concede more than 1 a game. They've taken the ai defending out of the game so people can't just constantly cover space and expect the computer to tackle the man for you. Now you need to decide which is more dangerous and stop that first. Then cut the passing lane with the nearest man whilst shepherding the man with the ball to a spot you can take it off him, and time the tackle.

padr81

Supports
Man City

This.
Sometimes it feels like people are playing a different game to the one I'm playing.
The ball still falls back to the attacker but not nearly as much. I also rarely use the tackle button, I only really use it if I'm behind a pacy striker and know he's gonna get away from me either way. They could do with tweaking the manual defending so you retain the ball when you win it slightly more in the defenders favor but this is a huge improvement.

Also one little thing I'd like to add is switching jockeying to "manual" in settings makes defending even harder (well not harder but different) you are much more in control and when you when the ball you keep it more often. The big issue is you can overshoot your movement without assistance and let the attacker clean through but I've found it a huge improvement, more fun.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They've finally spoken.

This guy explains all the Career mode issues from 8:30 onwards. It's disgraceful that they can release a £50 game and it's as buggy as this. He's spot on with something he says too - aside from games which other product do you buy and then it's half finished? It's worrying that we (gamers) have allowed us to give us half-finished games too regularly.

KingCantona87

Please keep me updated with this, its a good idea for a temp fix because everybody knows these shitc**ts (EA) won't be fixing this any time soon. Plus if it doesn't fix it properly, we can delete the "squad" file and reset it all anyway.

Shark

@NotShark
Please keep me updated with this, its a good idea for a temp fix because everybody knows these shitc*nts (EA) won't be fixing this any time soon. Plus if it doesn't fix it properly, we can delete the "squad" file and reset it all anyway.
Will do. Just home from work and playing some more tonight so will see how the matches and results go. City and Arsenal won their first three games last night though, so promising start.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Why are Smalling and Sanchez still at United??

And why's Ole not on? Just got some generic Ronald Koeman lookalike instead.

Fifty Pound Pisstake.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pack luck continues (kind of). Got Lukaku OTW from that OTW pack we got for pre order, though I don't use a serie A side really nor can I sell him. Still better than what it could've been!