g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Volta is growing on me but it really isn't anything like FIFA street or street football, and much more so of a game of FIFA on a smaller pitch with less players. Skill doesn't really have any effect, if anything its probably a hinderance. Excessive passing is the best way to play or ideally quick counters. The goals are also pretty boring to score, there's no fancy finishing generally and most goals are workmanlike as opposed to being flair goals. Hopefully it changes as you get better players/get to know the game mode better.

AaronRedDevil

Volta is growing on me but it really isn't anything like FIFA street or street football, and much more so of a game of FIFA on a smaller pitch with less players. Skill doesn't really have any effect, if anything its probably a hinderance. Excessive passing is the best way to play or ideally quick counters. The goals are also pretty boring to score, there's no fancy finishing generally and most goals are workmanlike as opposed to being flair goals. Hopefully it changes as you get better players/get to know the game mode better.
My only annoyance is that the skills dont matter much and theres fouls in fifa street? Why it was fun because you can be rough

Bojan11

Volta will only interest me when I can play alongside friends. I played it in the beta and it was boring.

binary bot
Played a good bit today, not made my mind up on the gameplay but first impressions:

Pace still the king
Headers seem nerfed beyond use
Tackling and the ball rebounding back to the attacker is still very prevalent

Clubs is still such a fun game mode to play with a party. It really is a shame that they've ignored it other than adding a few haircuts. I'd always buy Fifa for clubs alone.

Wal2Fra

Does anyone else have issues with the app and site with bidding?

I try to bid on a player and it gived the "bid status updated" but doesn't show a new bid price and doesn't allow me to place a bid. Any clues?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain

I try to bid on a player and it gived the "bid status updated" but doesn't show a new bid price and doesn't allow me to place a bid. Any clues?
You just to restart the game unfortunately. Nothing more annoying than slowly increasing the bids on a bargain priced player and losing out because of that reason and by the time you restart the app the biddings finished!

Wal2Fra

You just to restart the game unfortunately. Nothing more annoying than slowly increasing the bids on a bargain priced player and losing out because of that reason and by the time you restart the app the biddings finished!
You would think they would fix it. Was the same last year too.

Cheers for the reply though, atleast I know it is a common thing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dzeko is fecking class. Also higher ratings definitely more noticeable then before IMO with technical ability stats like passing and first touch and dribbling. Finally.
Also really liking Tuanzebe.
After packing Alba I sold him for 75k, then got the following midfield and attacks:

Perisic Dzeko Visca
Kovacic Sergej Pjanic

Jota Wilson Sancho
Maddison McTominay Lingard
With the same back 5 for both teams of:
Kolasinac Maguire Tuanzebe Dalot
Guaita​

Last edited:

bosnian_red

And now I got Rashford untradeable in a premium gold 13 pack from doing one of the foundation objective. Not complaining about pack luck now! :lol:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Played a good bit today, not made my mind up on the gameplay but first impressions:

Pace still the king

Clubs is still such a fun game mode to play with a party. It really is a shame that they've ignored it other than adding a few haircuts. I'd always buy Fifa for clubs alone.
Have you played clubs yet? Is it Fifa 20 gameplay? sounds stupid but they didn't change clubs last year from previous clubs

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I changed my team and went with a Bundesliga side. Much more value for money than the PL. Sniped a Aranguiz randomly for 750 so I started looking at prices and eventually just sold my PL team.

Ter Stegen (Loan)

Da Costa
Stark
Vogt
Max

Hazard
Aranguiz
Forsberg
Bailey

Volland
Kramaric
Exactly what I did, better value in other leagues compared to the prem.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Keep some items you've been beaten to on your targets list. When it glitches like that. Remove the bottom one from your watch list and it resets and allows you to bid again.

LARulz

Very disappointed they've gone backwards in terms of modes.

They still haven't added a matchmaking option on FUT for manual players like me.

But worse, they removed the single player season so at least had something other than Battles to play

RedDevilRoshi

Pace still the king

Pace most certainly isn't “The King”. Pace, without a doubt, was “The King” for the last number of FIFA’s but definitely isn’t nowhere near as huge a factor in this game compared to it’s predecessors.

This FIFA is all about buildup play and passing. Very refreshing to say the least.

P-Nut

Pace most certainly isn't “The King”. Pace, without a doubt, was “The King” for the last number of FIFA’s but definitely isn’t nowhere near as huge a factor in this game compared to it’s predecessors.

This FIFA is all about buildup play and passing. Very refreshing to say the least.
It's a mix of both your points I'd say.

Pace up top is king, in midfield though players like Kroos, Thiago etc are far more useable and it's great. Been wanting a FIFA like that for a long time. Just wish it would have come when Xavi and Iniesta were at their peak.

On that point actually, Scholes has now become probably my most desirable icon

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Pace up top is king, in midfield though players like Kroos, Thiago etc are far more useable and it's great. Been wanting a FIFA like that for a long time. Just wish it would have come when Xavi and Iniesta were at their peak.

This is the thing I was most pleased with in Early Access. Finally your midfield might actually matter!

Marksy7

Bought load of packs yesterday, pack luck was rotten stuck 80+ items on transfer list.

If they all sell I'll have over 100k to build a team, currently got a low level prem team

Played some clubs last night, noticed the keepers to be very dodgy when pushing shots away they push into the area for tap ins
But if it's patched should be enjoyable

bosnian_red

This is the thing I was most pleased with in Early Access. Finally your midfield might actually matter!
You can definitely still bypass the midfield but you can kinda do that in real life anyway with specific styles so I'm ok with it. Having a quality midfield definitely has an impact though, and there is noticeably a big difference when I use someone like Pjanic, compared to McTominay or Andreas Pereira. The touch, passing, movement, dribbling etc are all way better.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Player prices likely gunna go up or down now it's out proper?

bosnian_red

Player prices likely gunna go up or down now it's out proper?
More hyped up players like Rashford/Martial/Sancho/Jesus will continue to go up I think for a bit before crashing. Cheaper but good fast players like Callum Wilson who are 7-8k right now will crash. Cheap high rated players like Pjanic will go up.

RedDevilRoshi

Yep, you explained it much better than I did! :D

Wal2Fra

Keep some items you've been beaten to on your targets list. When it glitches like that. Remove the bottom one from your watch list and it resets and allows you to bid again.
Brilliant, cheers for that!

Much easier than closing the app.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Pace is definitely still king. All you have to do is play speedy wingers and they will out run the full backs every time. With the new defending system you have to control the full backs so just keep sprinting til you’re past them and you’re in on goal within one or two passes.

P-Nut

Pace is definitely still king. All you have to do is play speedy wingers and they will out run the full backs every time. With the new defending system you have to control the full backs so just keep sprinting til you’re past them and you’re in on goal within one or two passes.
I've swapped out Leon Bailey for Peresic and he's miles slower, much better though.

All players run away from players when they are clean through so you don't need to rely on the 90+ pace players any more.

red4ever 79

I have read that when you play career mode, the computer usually puts out a weakened team when you play them. Has anyone seen that?

Shark

@NotShark
I have read that when you play career mode, the computer usually puts out a weakened team when you play them. Has anyone seen that?
It’s 100% true. If EA don’t patch it tomorrow, they never will.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes.

Go to 5:50 on this video. Man City were relegated in this lads first season.

Even more worrying is United won the league.

bosnian_red

Took the coins from division rivals, but Martial. Teams are:

Martial Rashford Sancho
Maddison McTominay Lingard
Kolasinac Maguire Tuanzebe Dalot
Pickford

Perisic Dzeko Visca
Kovacic SMS Pjanic
Emerson Rugani Nkoulou Zappacosta
Perin​

Definitely thought id be waiting at least a few weeks for a squad like this. Cant complain! Next steps would be replace McTominay and the defenders and maybe in form Maddison, and then long term bring in keane/scholes/Giggs.

bosnian_red

DO we know if there is a patch out tomorrow? and do we know whats on it?

Also has anyone displayed the best sliders for the game?
Usually is a day 1 patch that updates the squads and ratings (if you look on normal seasons we still have Sanchez and Darmian I'm pretty sure).