Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Pumped in more cash that I should have :lol: Yeah both up top, ADP left foot is better than most players strong foot, first time I've used him in any FIFA I think, seems great but only used him for 10 games or so I think.
If you are going to play a full year of a game, I don't see a problem with that mate :) The team is tasty! I was unbeaten for 11 games during the weekend league in a 352 and for some reason decided to change :lol:

Not used ADP before either, but this game allows the 5 star weak foot players to shine

Painer

Where's everyone at on their season 1 progress. Just hit level 27 but 20k XP still seems a lot even with 17 days left.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Team for next weekend league (I am not allowing myself to make changes during it like last weekend)

-------------------Ter Stegen----------------
Walker-----Varane-----Militao------R. Carlos
-------------Sissoko----Kante----------------
Sterling-----------Neymar---------Mbappe
---------------Scream Augero-------------

AaronRedDevil

Where's everyone at on their season 1 progress. Just hit level 27 but 20k XP still seems a lot even with 17 days left.
Same I've about 17k points left to get. Unless the rewards have far more xp in the next round of objectives. Hopefully

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm at 67k. Only going for 12k more to get the prime league packs, dont care about tolisso/zaha/Vazquez. Shouldnt be too bad. Between week 4 gold objectives (didnt do week 3 gold) and scream Dzeko and the squad battles objectives for the season, should get another 8k or so and then there will be at least 1 more week of bronze/silver/gold objectives to get another 15k, not counting the other random objectives they throw out. 20k should be doable for me, but only really need 12k so not worried.

No Love

Looks like gameplay isn’t worth pursuing this evening again. Players walking through mud. How can it be so inconsistent on a nightly basis?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What's the point of the UCL cards in UT? I never paid them much attention last year.

AaronRedDevil

Just once I'd like someone to score a goal by their damn selves. Every goal I concede comes from one of my players with a perfectly bad pass. Or a rebound from the gk. It's really frustrating when I work hard and score goals from my own plan, only to concede so randomly by cpu mistakes.

IrishRick

Wow, tonight was awful. Every side I faced was all about pace and every tackle rebounded to em. I took out one player with a great tackle. He managed to get up, run around my player who was slowly getting up, and take the ball away before my player was back on his feet. Then, twice, my player is cleaned out after playing the first pass of a one two and I didn't receive a free. They got the ball meant for the cleaned out player and ran up field to score. F off

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
There's must be a bunch of people posting in a thread somewhere else saying "every time I play the opposition just gifts me goals" and "isn't it weird that every time im tackled the ball just bounces back to me".

AaronRedDevil

So what icon swaps you guys are aiming for? I'm going for Rivaldo, but if I can, I'll try and get Drogba. He looks like a beast.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
There's must be a bunch of people posting in a thread somewhere else saying "every time I play the opposition just gifts me goals" and "isn't it weird that every time im tackled the ball just bounces back to me".
I can tell when the game is rigged in my favour, I'd imagine some others can as well. I've scored some stupidly lucky goals from bullshit with being tackled a couple times and ball miraculously putting me through etc.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I can tell when the game is rigged in my favour, I'd imagine some others can as well. I've scored some stupidly lucky goals from bullshit with being tackled a couple times and ball miraculously putting me through etc.
It's annoying, obviously if you're on the receiving end. Also with your opponent hitting the post and the ball bouncing straight back to him and your goalkeeper parrying the ball straight to your opponent when there's tons of space.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So what icon swaps you guys are aiming for? I'm going for Rivaldo, but if I can, I'll try and get Drogba. He looks like a beast.
I got Pep and will also get Rio.

Love Pep, used him for about 100 games now and he helped me to get Gold 3 this weekend gone.

bosnian_red

Rio for sure. You'll be surprised how much a beast of a CB like him can make a difference. Also personal preference is to change up my attack to keep the game fresh, while I'm ok with just having an OP defence (but never want to spend anything on it and always splurge on attack). So an untradeable version of one of the top 5 CB's in the game who will stay in the starting 11 all year is perfect.

bosnian_red

I got Pep and will also get Rio.

Love Pep, used him for about 100 games now and he helped me to get Gold 3 this weekend gone.
Risky getting Pep before waiting to see the objectives... Definitely getting Rio first.

Also looking at him, will probably get Okocha. Seems class with hunter chem style.

Last edited:

Nanook

I wouldn’t get Rivaldo if I were you, his 2 star weak foot makes his card pretty shit. Drogba looks good but heading this year is terrible and high-high work rates aren’t great for a striker. They’ll be better attacking mids/strikers in the next batch of icon swaps they release which you can get.

I’m going for Ferdinand. He’s easily good enough to use until when TOTS come out in like May.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
OMG LEAGUE SBC's

They are pulling this game back for me.

Enjoyed scream promo so far and league sbcs are the icing on the cake.

binary bot
Giggs is good for me as a CAM. I start 4-3-3 then switch with custom tactics. If people know to show him onto his weak foot then he's difficult to use

In other news I had about 300k for a team last week, lost about 100k in value with everyone's price dropping significantly.

Bale 180k>120k
Suarez 65k>40k
Witsel 37k>20k

I knew they'd drop but not that fecking quickly

Jam

Honestly what is the point of the online portion of UT unless you've splurged £100+, got incredibly lucky or already ploughed a crazy amount of hours into offline modes?

Just played my placement matches and everyone I came up against either has a good but amazingly pacey team, or just an incredibly highly rated team. And here I am with 75-78 players. It doesn't matter how good you are when the player discrepancy was that high, I dominated most games but still only managed to win one. Purely down to either just through balls and pure pace, or TOTW Kane pinging one in from daft angles with no space.

acnumber9

Honestly what is the point of the online portion of UT unless you've splurged £100+, got incredibly lucky or already ploughed a crazy amount of hours into offline modes?

Just played my placement matches and everyone I came up against either has a good but amazingly pacey team, or just an incredibly highly rated team. And here I am with 75-78 players. It doesn't matter how good you are when the player discrepancy was that high, I dominated most games but still only managed to win one. Purely down to either just through balls and pure pace, or TOTW Kane pinging one in from daft angles with no space.
It becomes pay to win more and more with the proliferation of special cards. I got last years in June and every single team I came up against was majority team of the season or year. It’s near impossible.

AaronRedDevil

Insane how cheap bale is. And only 85 rated? Definitely getting him at some point. Maybe I'll wait till January when all the players become way cheaper to buy.

bosnian_red

I went and got Giggs through nostalgia I guess. It was a mistake
Used different versions of him all throughout Fifa 19. He's not OP or Meta or whatever, but I loved using him. Guess depends on your play style/what your goal is. Only version I wouldn't get is the 89 version because of the lower pace, and since I like using him as a classic winger so I need the pace.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Used different versions of him all throughout Fifa 19. He's not OP or Meta or whatever, but I loved using him. Guess depends on your play style/what your goal is. Only version I wouldn't get is the 89 version because of the lower pace, and since I like using him as a classic winger so I need the pace.
Same, i had him last year. Think the mistake is to try to play like Giggs actually played with the incredible speed and dribbling. He's silky but he's not got the same dribbling ability as he actually did in his prime, though it's still useable of you're smart with it. But eveything else he's really good, passing very good, and surprisingly his finishing too. He scored loads for me.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
For those complaining about pay to win, you can build a great team just through pure trading. My team (once I get my players back)

Griezmann Dembele
Coutinho
Goretzka De Jong
Casemiro
Schulz Sule Varane Carvajal
Ter Stegen

And I should still have about 5-600k and an icon swap to pick up

EDIT: Oh and a TP worth about 4-500k as well as club stock worth about the same.

nooshka

For those complaining about pay to win, you can build a great team just through pure trading. My team (once I get my players back)

Griezmann Dembele
Coutinho
Goretzka De Jong
Casemiro
Schulz Sule Varane Carvajal
Ter Stegen

And I should still have about 5-600k and an icon swap to pick up

EDIT: Oh and a TP worth about 4-500k as well as club stock worth about the same.
I’d like to get into the trading but not sure where to start? Is buying one of those patreon things people advertise on twitter any good?

IrishRick

Giggs is good for me as a CAM. I start 4-3-3 then switch with custom tactics. If people know to show him onto his weak foot then he's difficult to use

In other news I had about 300k for a team last week, lost about 100k in value with everyone's price dropping significantly.

Bale 180k>120k
Suarez 65k>40k
Witsel 37k>20k

I knew they'd drop but not that fecking quickly
That weak foot would be reason enough to put me off.
Same, i had him last year. Think the mistake is to try to play like Giggs actually played with the incredible speed and dribbling. He's silky but he's not got the same dribbling ability as he actually did in his prime, though it's still useable of you're smart with it. But eveything else he's really good, passing very good, and surprisingly his finishing too. He scored loads for me.
I move him into CAM if I need more pace than Gylfi for the last 30. I play 433(4). I packed Champions League Ramsey so that has hugely helped Giggs chemistry and has improved his output on the wing

dannyrhinos89

I’d like to get into the trading but not sure where to start? Is buying one of those patreon things people advertise on twitter any good?

God no stay away from them. Don’t ever buy something that you can do for free. I suggest reading up on bronze pack method of trading that’s generally successful but it does take time and patience.

P-Nut

It's basically just research and once you get into it, it becomes about identifying trends.

For instance when an SBC requires an 85 rated squad the lowest 85 rated players will rise in price. You can pick them up when they are low, such as now (the full market has crashed) and sell when they are required for sbcs.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Trading seems like one of the most boring and tedious things I can think of :lol: never been into it, obviously use the market when I have coins to spare but apart from that don't really do much on it.

Just keep opening packs hoping for a Ronaldinho

P-Nut

Trading seems like one of the most boring and tedious things I can think of :lol: never been into it, obviously use the market when I have coins to spare but apart from that don't really do much on it.

Just keep opening packs hoping for a Ronaldinho
I was determined not to give ea a penny more than the cost of the game this year. And so, to keep up with the super teams I had to trade.

dannyrhinos89

Making some amazing coins on the Bundesliga sbc.

I honestly dont get people, the cards on offer arent even good, neither are the packs yet I've just sold silver cards for near enough to 150k total not to mention I've got 6 pages of gold Bundesliga players with the majority selling for over 1.5k.

If you've got bundesliga non rare golds or silvers now is the time to sell. Easy cash.

Marksy7

Packed scream 85 CAM Sabitzer

Do I sell now or wait?

I'm rubbish when it comes to working the market, good example was paying 32k for Goretzka only for him to sell for around 10k now

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

I don't understand this argument. This is the easiest FUT ever to make a good team. You can make a minimum of 100k coins per week just through WL and rivals, even if your pack luck is shit. You get 2 free IFs every week through WL if you're a half decent player. If you don't like those IFs there's SBCs where you can trade them in for the chance at a better IF. You can get a free icon just by playing the game. On top of that there's squad battles and trading too.

Nanook

If you’re a half decent player you can make 80k (+ packs and IF red picks) a week by just playing WL and taking the rivals coin rewards. It’s really easy to get a decent team this year.