Gaming FIFA 20 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
7-1 to start the weekend league, dominated every game so far, should be 8-0 easily. Having some ridiculous goals against me. I’ve also somehow scored about 12 offside goals in those games, probably scored 3 in the rest of Fifa. Must be part of the new patch, players just stand offside and then it passes to them despite clearly aiming for a different player. Not sure I’ve got it in me to play all 30 again.

bubbles_

Got Salah in a 2 player pack from a SBC. Wanted to sell him for obvious reasons but he scored 4 goals in my first WL game. He’s too good.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Guessing they’ll just check recent players, probably tells you their gamer tag on there once you are selecting kits.
Maybe that's what it is, but usually Xbox is quite slow in picking that up. Good luck for the weekend league if you play! Xbox?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Can anyone tell me if Career Mode is still broken?

I'm hoping to start one with Salford but from what I've heard, the update that came out (unbelievably) didn't fix CM.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe that's what it is, but usually Xbox is quite slow in picking that up. Good luck for the weekend league if you play! Xbox?
Yup Xbox, you?
thanks mate, you too! Was 11-1 now 12-3 annoyingly. Decent enough start though.

sitting 23rd in the world now, need to start earlier next week so I can get more of an ego boost.

Last edited:

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Yup Xbox, you?
thanks mate, you too! Was 11-1 now 12-3 annoyingly. Decent enough start though.
Class start but if possible you need to spread them games out man! You will be playing the top level players after about 8 or 9 wins!

You're 352 aswell aren't you? Switch it up yesterday (haven't tried it yet) for this weekend

--------------------ter stegen
---------------varane ramos miliato
Zambrotta-----Kante------Veron-----R. Carlos
------------------RED Griezmann-------------
-------------Mbappe-----------Neymar

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Class start but if possible you need to spread them games out man! You will be playing the top level players after about 8 or 9 wins!

You're 352 aswell aren't you? Switch it up yesterday (haven't tried it yet) for this weekend

--------------------ter stegen
---------------varane ramos miliato
Zambrotta-----Kante------Veron-----R. Carlos
------------------RED Griezmann-------------
-------------Mbappe-----------Neymar
yup lesson learnt, got 4 games in a row against Pros with 15mil+ teams :lol:
That’ll be me done for the day. Got 14-3 now 14-6. Weekends are really busy for me work wise, need to smash out most of my games on Friday annoyingly. I’ve had ‘no opponent found’ a few times since I played 10 games so only getting matched up against the elite players now.
Yes I’m 3-5-2, got rid of VVd for Alberto earlier today, he was useless in bad gameplay for me. How’s Veron? Heard very mixed reviews.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can anyone tell me if Career Mode is still broken?

I'm hoping to start one with Salford but from what I've heard, the update that came out (unbelievably) didn't fix CM.
I don't play CM but one of the EA bods on Twitter said the feedback about CM was too late to include in the initial patch, so would follow later.

Njord

Has the scriting/momentum ever been this bad when playing the AI? Half the time they are completely passive, and I can basically walk through their defence. It's also really easy to win the ball back, making it pretty boring to play.

Then in another game it's impossible to win the ball back, they press like crazy, reads every pass I make and scores from every chance. They also turn into Barcelona in possesion, which is pretty frustraring when you're 1-0 down against Newcastle and you are completely unable to win the ball back.

Combined with the input lag when defending, this game has become unplayable in the single player offline modes.

Shark

@NotShark
Has the scriting/momentum ever been this bad when playing the AI? Half the time they are completely passive, and I can basically walk through their defence. It's also really easy to win the ball back, making it pretty boring to play.

Then in another game it's impossible to win the ball back, they press like crazy, reads every pass I make and scores from every chance. They also turn into Barcelona in possesion, which is pretty frustraring when you're 1-0 down against Newcastle and you are completely unable to win the ball back.

Combined with the input lag when defending, this game has become unplayable in the single player offline modes.
What difficulty are you playing on and are you using sliders? The difficulty is definitely inconsistent and random. Had to play Norwich(who are 18th) three times on my United save as they were playing like prime Barcelona, completely schooling me and I needed to win to keep up with the bigger teams. Then the next game was back to normal.

No Love

What happens for the next fortnight now that everyone/most seem to have Zaha/Lucas/Tolisso? Seems a bit odd and somewhat anticlimactic to have everything wrapped up by this somewhat early stage.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks like my career save has corrupted. Wouldn't let me save, so went out of it and now the only option is new career. Absolute joke.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Squad battles is getting worse by the day, every team has a super keeper, all play defensive with everyone behind the ball and then break with everyone running 100mph in the 80th minute. It's shit.

Haven't lost recently but you can just feel the game taking the piss.

Also the free kicks, AI gets them for just running into you or nothing at all, yet can simply hack you down or pull you back in the box with no consequence.

Wal2Fra

Was a toss up between Zaha or Tolisso for the season rewards. Tolisso's gold card has been great for me so far this year so was very tempting to upgrade him but went with the Zaha in the end.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I just spent around 2k getting a squad for the Loch Ness monster SBC... Packed Messi. :houllier::eek:

Jam

I don't understand this argument. This is the easiest FUT ever to make a good team. You can make a minimum of 100k coins per week just through WL and rivals, even if your pack luck is shit. You get 2 free IFs every week through WL if you're a half decent player. If you don't like those IFs there's SBCs where you can trade them in for the chance at a better IF. You can get a free icon just by playing the game. On top of that there's squad battles and trading too.
If you’re a half decent player you can make 80k (+ packs and IF red picks) a week by just playing WL and taking the rivals coin rewards. It’s really easy to get a decent team this year.
These do nothing to nullify the time/financial commitment to have anything viable to player online with.

There's only so much you can do with a 77~ Ligue 1 team when every opponent either has front lines of Rashford/Moura/Pepe with maddening pace on a pace reliant game this year, or the likes of TOTW Kane who has no trouble beating Mandana from impossible angles.

"HUR DUR PLAY MORE AND GET A BETTER TEAM" - I hear your response already, but how much time or money is the initial investment to have a comparable team? I mean I'm not getting hammered, I'm giving close contests, but it's just frustrating to have dominance in a game and then they just go long from keeper and have 95 pace player latch on the end and it being their only chance of the game and it being a goal.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hate you, you lucky bast...
:lol: understandable.

I couldn’t believe it. Also, I just typed it on here forgetting to ask what I actually came on here to ask.. What should I do? Build a team around him or sell him?

I’ve got a decent PL team at the minute, probably worth around 100k.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
What difficulty are you playing on and are you using sliders? The difficulty is definitely inconsistent and random. Had to play Norwich(who are 18th) three times on my United save as they were playing like prime Barcelona, completely schooling me and I needed to win to keep up with the bigger teams. Then the next game was back to normal.
Sounds eerily similar to reality, do you think if we ask nicely the FA will allow Ole this privilege also...:wenger:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm afraid to ask because I already know the answer, but is Player career mode still the exact same as it has been for the last tenish years? Everything online is about the manager career mode, never see anything about the player one other than bugs.

RonaldoVII

Finished the weekend league in gold 3 again which was the aim. Annoyingly I won 7 games in a row at the end and needed one more win for gold 2 but lost the last one.

Jam

Did Marque moments SBC challenge with some spare players, got TOTW Hummels and UCL Milner. Not bad.

Should I sell or keep TOTW Hummels?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
why do people pull there keepers off the line during corners, because if you have a player with enough curve he can pop it directly in as I did with Costa in the weekend league to win the game and he was Trying to wind me up as well.

Hughes35

Anyone get any luck from the sbc's. I'm getting nothing from these packs. Usually they are pretty good. Like last fifa. I've no pack luck in this one. Well I got kante at the start but that's it.
Best two cards I've packed are Moura and Sanchez (Tottenham). My pack luck is absolutely dreadful.

I'm starting to think it's because I won't spend any real money so they give me the worst pack players? Nobody's luck can be this bad. I've done pretty much every SBC for packs and I just get nothing.

Last edited:

Hughes35

Just played in my first ever weekend league. Finished with 14 wins (Still got 5 to play but not going to bother). 11 wins was my minimum target before the weekend so I'm very please.

Really highlighted how poor my CM and CB positions are though. Decided to gamble on Pep to help (Which he did a bit). Need to go all in on that Rio ICON now.

Will be having nightmares about Zaha for a while though. Every time I played against him, I just had no answer. Ran straight through my defense.

Nanook

These do nothing to nullify the time/financial commitment to have anything viable to player online with.

There's only so much you can do with a 77~ Ligue 1 team when every opponent either has front lines of Rashford/Moura/Pepe with maddening pace on a pace reliant game this year, or the likes of TOTW Kane who has no trouble beating Mandana from impossible angles.

"HUR DUR PLAY MORE AND GET A BETTER TEAM" - I hear your response already, but how much time or money is the initial investment to have a comparable team? I mean I'm not getting hammered, I'm giving close contests, but it's just frustrating to have dominance in a game and then they just go long from keeper and have 95 pace player latch on the end and it being their only chance of the game and it being a goal.
You could just stick £25 on packs and hope you get something decent.

If not playing 20 games a week should get you 35,000 (assuming you’re in like division 7 or 8 rivals) and playing a few squad battle games. You should be able to build a fairly decent team with about 100,000. Not enough to play WL with but it’ll be fine for rivals, again assuming you’re in a low division. If you’re playing close contests I don’t see what the problem is? Even if you have Rashford, Pepe and others you’re still going to come up against players with better teams.

AaronRedDevil

I'm getting pissed off with this game. Need to score 1 chip shot and I've scored about 8 of them and still hadn't unlocked. :mad:

Finally finished the objectives. I have Zaha and Scream Ozil! Premier league teams is overpowered

Last edited:

No Love

Not sure that Storyline Zaha is worth it. Doesn’t feel great, shooting is wayward at best. Here’s hoping the Ozil is a little better, I definitely need a new CAM.

Wal2Fra

Not sure that Storyline Zaha is worth it. Doesn’t feel great, shooting is wayward at best. Here’s hoping the Ozil is a little better, I definitely need a new CAM.
Agreed.

I thought he would be a replacement for my scream Dzeko because of his pace but doesn't seem like half the player. Not really got to much from Ozil in the 2 games I have used him so far either.

No Love

14-4 for the WL, think that’ll do. Pretty pleased considering I hadn’t played a game until yesterday afternoon.

Anyone else find it easier to pick up wins in Champs than Rivals? I detest playing in Rivals at the moment, it’s sickening.

RonaldoVII

14-4 for the WL, think that’ll do. Pretty pleased considering I hadn’t played a game until yesterday afternoon.

Anyone else find it easier to pick up wins in Champs than Rivals? I detest playing in Rivals at the moment, it’s sickening.
That's a tasty record! I made the mistake of playing too many games on Saturday afternoon. Only realised how bad the servers were when I played the last few at night and it felt like a different game altogether.

I agree with it being easier to win in Champs than Rivals. I'm in the zone between 5 and 6 with div 6 games being relatively comfortable and div 5 occasionally giving me a hiding but often a close game.

Wonder where the 2nd batch of icon swaps will be out. Only have the 12 so far.
Should hopefully be the start of season 2 I'd imagine?

No Love

That's a tasty record! I made the mistake of playing too many games on Saturday afternoon. Only realised how bad the servers were when I played the last few at night and it felt like a different game altogether.

I agree with it being easier to win in Champs than Rivals. I'm in the zone between 5 and 6 with div 6 games being relatively comfortable and div 5 occasionally giving me a hiding but often a close game.
Thanks man! It really is shocking how hit and miss the servers/lag can be, isn’t it? It’s infuriating when your players feel like they’re stuck in the mud, whilst your opponent whizzes by you with consummate ease!

Ah nice! I could be joining you in those divisions soon, my Rivals record has been poor of late. I’m currently in Division 3 and trying to score those chipped shots for Scream Ozil is a nightmare. In all likelihood, I’m probably not good enough to be in Division 3, which doesn’t help matters. Every one of my opponents plays like there’s £1m on the line in each game, which gives me a greater appreciation for anyone who can consistently play Div 1-2, must be hell up there. :lol:

RonaldoVII

Thanks man! It really is shocking how hit and miss the servers/lag can be, isn’t it? It’s infuriating when your players feel like they’re stuck in the mud, whilst your opponent whizzes by you with consummate ease!

Ah nice! I could be joining you in those divisions soon, my Rivals record has been poor of late. I’m currently in Division 3 and trying to score those chipped shots for Scream Ozil is a nightmare. In all likelihood, I’m probably not good enough to be in Division 3, which doesn’t help matters. Every one of my opponents plays like there’s £1m on the line in each game, which gives me a greater appreciation for anyone who can consistently play Div 1-2, must be hell up there. :lol:
:lol: I can only imagine what it's like in those lofty heights! I'll probably be back in 6 soon enough doing the Ozil objectives. I've just done the friendlies and still getting people dabbing and watching all the replays! I bet they are fun to play in rivals haha.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Bottled Elite again. sitting on 18-4 and went on my standard losing streak on Saturday night. I should learn to stop when I lose instead of chasing the win straight after. 3 weeks in a row, this wasn't as bad as the other 2 chokes but still a choke. Finished Gold 1 with 2 to spare

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Started a career with United, brought in Sancho for 68m, Werner for 32m, Neves for 25m + Mata, Ndidi for 24m, Digne for 30m + Bailly & Ginter for 19m + TFM.

Managed to sell Rojo for 10m, Jones for 16m, Young for 4m, Matic for 11m & Lingard for 30m to Arsenal (suckers), recalled Sanchez and flogged him to Leverkusen for 25m.

Drew 1-1 and 2-2 in my first games with Chelsea and Wolves, then won 3-1 and 2-1 against Palace & Southampton, so I'm doing better than Ole. Playing on legendary and it feels harder than previous years. Can't defend to save my life :lol: