Gaming FIFA 21

Acole9

Outstanding
What’s up with the refs? Clear through on goal and last man lunges in from behind and only a yellow. Then the same cnut who should’ve been off scores from their next corner.
In an online game earlier my defender got skinned so I chopped him down and thought I'll take the yellow card for that. Didn't even get one, just a foul :lol:.

The online games seem to be at a frantic pace, not sure if it's just me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I haven't bought Fifa since 19. Seems like the general consensus is that this year is crap. I suppose I'll give this one a miss and get 22 next year on the Ps5.
If you compare it to a single player game it's still great value for money. You get countless hours of entertainment, before a meta settles and the game becomes a grind.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm just gonna play it when it's free on EA Play. I assume that's a little bit bofore the new one comes out.

Cloud7

If you compare it to a single player game it's still great value for money. You get countless hours of entertainment, before a meta settles and the game becomes a grind.
The only games I ever play are single player RPG's mate :p The only outlier in that trend is FIFA. Even with Fifa I only play career mode. I don't do multiplayer gaming.

Acole9

Outstanding
when are EA going to add our White kit? Hell, even Brighton have 3 kits on there!
I saw somewhere the other day it's due to be put on there along with some other third kits very soon.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
In an online game earlier my defender got skinned so I chopped him down and thought I'll take the yellow card for that. Didn't even get one, just a foul :lol:.

The online games seem to be at a frantic pace, not sure if it's just me.
It is frantic, like a basketball game. There’s no reward for good play, just get it to the lightning quick forwards and it’s over.

Adcuth

It is frantic, like a basketball game. There’s no reward for good play, just get it to the lightning quick forwards and it’s over.
Everyone is either Barca, psg or France that I play..maybe Liverpool because mane is unstoppable

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im on my first WL and im on 12 wins with 9 remaining. Im pretty happy with that. Im in div 4 and climbing with a 1390 skill rating. Its mad because last fifa i couldn't get above 900 skill rating towards the end and couldn't get out of division 6, yet this game i am actually pretty good and the whole gameplay feels so much more responsive and slicker. Maybe it's just because i changed from Virgin to BT.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Im on my first WL and im on 12 wins with 9 remaining. Im pretty happy with that. Im in div 4 and climbing with a 1390 skill rating. Its mad because last fifa i couldn't get above 900 skill rating towards the end and couldn't get out of division 6, yet this game i am actually pretty good and the whole gameplay feels so much more responsive and slicker. Maybe it's just because i changed from Virgin to BT.
Thats pretty good dude. I'm 15-9 this weekend (played a game too many). Personally I think G3 offers better rewards than Gold 2. While 5-4 for G2 is quite likely for you, I'd recommend sticking at g3.

iammemphis

Thats pretty good dude. I'm 15-9 this weekend (played a game too many). Personally I think G3 offers better rewards than Gold 2. While 5-4 for G2 is quite likely for you, I'd recommend sticking at g3.
It was also that i was 3 wins from 3 too when im usually 3/10 if im lucky :lol:, and while i no doubt had a few lucky wins i was also massively mugged off by the EA script in a couple of losses that i dominated. But the biggest suprise of all is how much im enjoying this year's FIFA compared to the past 4/5 years.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I never play the AI so cant comment, I hate playing them. I initially didn’t like that your AI defending was so bad but it’s grown on me as it helps with the skill gap widening. Does have some stupid moments though. My big problems with this version is that it encourages one way of playing over all else, moving the hall vertically as fast as you can, as opposed to other methods. Other ways are still possible but just not as effective. Makes 90% of players fairly pointless. And of course the continued ignoring of clubs which is essentially the same as it was a decade ago.

Tactics are pretty essential on this one mate (Sadly and sweatily). Most people play with two CDMs and full backs on stay back as it’s a nightmare To get results without it, even for people who are really good players.

I play a different tactic to most (4-1-2-1-2 narrow) but it’s just as sweaty. I clog the middle with cbs and cms and use my fullbacks as pseudo wingers.
I've started running that tactic as well and it's yielded me great results. Managed gold 3 with 8 games to go. The week before I couldn't even get 13 wins.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What custom tactics/instructions and team are you using with the 41212 team?
Keeper come for crosses, FBs balanced (telles and cancelo), CB nothing (wan bissaka on 7 chem and Ake). DM (de Jong) drop between defenders, LCM balanced (I use wijnaldum) cover centre, RCM attack, cover wing (I used Bernardo here). CAM (POTM Fati) stay forward, one striker get in behind (RB Inaki) and other mixed (IF João felix).

Balanced for attacking and defending, 6 depth, 4 width for defence. 5, 5 for attacking and 2 both on corners and free kicks.

Always feels like there's an option, I'm loving it. Playing with tuanzebe a bit too!

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm using some tactic off reddit.
Not refined it yet but it's basically 5 atb in defence with 2 cdms and going forward it's two wingers, two strikers a number 10 and a midfielder joining in.
As I said, not refined my skillset with it yet, but it overloads on both sides of the pitch

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Smashed it tonight going for that Kounde card.

I did it in the 15 games it required. 11 wins 4 loses.
Maybe it helps I have a very strong La Liga side already but I felt unplayable at times. That 352 tactic can be so dominant defensively and on the attack

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I got 17 wins in my first weekend league, I’ve got a quiet weekend coming up so going to give it another go with the added advantage that this time around my team is absolutely elite so I’m feeling more confident. I’d love to get to 20 wins, but knowing how I play I’ll lose 5 on the bounce at the start.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I got 17 wins in my first weekend league, I’ve got a quiet weekend coming up so going to give it another go with the added advantage that this time around my team is absolutely elite so I’m feeling more confident. I’d love to get to 20 wins, but knowing how I play I’ll lose 5 on the bounce at the start.
Congrats man! 20 is the goal for me too. I stopped at 14 with 8 left, I really wasn't up for the sweat fest, but best of luck this weekend!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I had nothing to play for in WL with two games to go so I thought I'll piss about for the last two games and play an ultra defensive clogger team, put Sean Dyche as manager, wear the Burnley kit and call it project shithouse.

First game I lost comfortably but second game I actually got a 0-0, basically played hoof ball and wasted time from the first minute the guy must have been going mad (imagine if it was Goldbridge). I let him have it in extra time though as a) I didn't need the win and he may have and b) I would have been due bad karma if I walked away from that with a win :lol:

iammemphis

I finished on 17 wins which i was delighted with to be honest, it went down to my last game, so i thought the time was right to introduce the king himself, Cantona :cool:. It was the first of his 3 game loan card i have and he single handedly won me the game with an easy brace and an assist. He just bullied any defender that came near him. I also brought on loan Mbappe for good measure and he also got me a goal :lol:.

Id be interested on @Macern and @Eddy_JukeZ opinions on the best tactic? I almost soley used 442, often switching to a very aggresive press to force the result my way after going behind. Full backs stay back, Cms on stay back and drop between defenders and one striker on get behind. Wingers on cut inside.

Ive played three rivals games with 4321 today and didn't think it played too bad, and was using similar stay back instructions across the mid and defence.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Made it to division 1 in rivals, no more enjoyment from here on in!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just tried playing a career mode as one player. Turned off the PS4 after 4 games. Just absolute shite.

I scored 5 goals in my third match. Requested to be subbed at 83 minutes and simmed the rest of the match. My stats then show 2 games and 2 goals which was before that match. Just does not register that match as having happened, but it does in the league top scorers?

Just such basic shit that is never addressed or even noticed when testing? Add that to the games being incredibly dull when playing as one player. Spend it standing there watching my team’s defence get sort of close to the ball but never actually tackling. Awful.

Adcuth

Okay firstly mate, i have previously been rubbish on previous FIFAs defensively, your current experience sounds like my normal one too, however i have been playing really well of late and i have been playing 442 too. It's all about your two centre mids

Keep your fullbacks on stay back, keep your defensive DM on stay back, aggressive interceptions and cover center. Keep your other centre mid on default but add aggressive interceptions and cover centre too.

Secondly, DO NOT select your centre backs unless the striker has received the ball and is running past you in the penalty box. Other than that, control your CDM (mine is fabinho and partnered with Thiago who is on Shadow chem). And just select between the two CMs to press the opposition. Let them pass it around you, if they pass to the winger then select the full back and just show them down to the corner flag until they pass back to midfield. Eventually they will make a mistake.

Thirdly, Sprint Jockey with your CDM or CM into the tackle, never press circle unless its desperate. Just be calm, shield your centre backs and keep flicking between your CMs to press the attackers. You can occasionally use R1 to call a second teammate to press too but this pulls your CBs out of position.

Also, in your position, i would personally avoid pressing. It will pull your defence out even more and likely leave you exposed like you are. When the attackers are running at your defence, just select your cdm and try and get him back. The attackers will continue to pass it to each other in the hope you will move your centre back. Just play calmer.

Lastly, always assume the attacker wants to cut back for an easy pass. So always show them to the byline, don't commit and think you can nick a tackle with circle, just jockey or sprint jockey until you get near them and can bump into them. Once you get to a stage you are getting close enough to make challenges on them consistently then you are getting better at defending and can start gambling with a circle tackle when you get near enough with the jockey.
This seems to have worked mate cheers. Went for a 4222 and im 3 wins out of 3. Seem to be a lot tighter at the back. Brought the defensive width in a bit too so in not getting done with through balls that much. Figured that pressing circle to tackle less helps a load. Keeping my distance and jockeying them down the wing

iammemphis

This seems to have worked mate cheers. Went for a 4222 and im 3 wins out of 3. Seem to be a lot tighter at the back. Brought the defensive width in a bit too so in not getting done with through balls that much. Figured that pressing circle to tackle less helps a load. Keeping my distance and jockeying them down the wing
I have also started having my second CM as stays back aswell because it's just more solid. I have also started playing press after possesion loss with fast build up and leaving one of my wingers on stay forward. This is my attacking tactic for when i go a goal or two behind, but recently i have been starting with it. Basically i was 3-0 down after 30 mins, switched to it and was 3-3 by HT. Went back to balanced at HT and was 5-3 down by 53rd min so i switched back to the attacking tactic and won the game 6-5 :lol:.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I finished on 17 wins which i was delighted with to be honest, it went down to my last game, so i thought the time was right to introduce the king himself, Cantona :cool:. It was the first of his 3 game loan card i have and he single handedly won me the game with an easy brace and an assist. He just bullied any defender that came near him. I also brought on loan Mbappe for good measure and he also got me a goal :lol:.

Id be interested on @Macern and @Eddy_JukeZ opinions on the best tactic? I almost soley used 442, often switching to a very aggresive press to force the result my way after going behind. Full backs stay back, Cms on stay back and drop between defenders and one striker on get behind. Wingers on cut inside.

Ive played three rivals games with 4321 today and didn't think it played too bad, and was using similar stay back instructions across the mid and defence.

I use a mix of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1. Pretty boring but its the best formations on the game. If I need a goal late on I'll switch to 3-4-1-2 and go all in. Similar instructions to you, stay back etc.

On an aside, I can't believe what they've done to the game still. It was a very good FIFA until 1/2 weeks ago and now they've just turned it back into Fifa 20 but with OP crossing still. No motivation to play it again now, every game is so boring. Drop back and 1 depth is back, everyone just defending with the CDMs and countering. No idea how anyone could enjoy playing like that.

Adcuth

I have also started having my second CM as stays back aswell because it's just more solid. I have also started playing press after possesion loss with fast build up and leaving one of my wingers on stay forward. This is my attacking tactic for when i go a goal or two behind, but recently i have been starting with it. Basically i was 3-0 down after 30 mins, switched to it and was 3-3 by HT. Went back to balanced at HT and was 5-3 down by 53rd min so i switched back to the attacking tactic and won the game 6-5 :lol:.
I did something similar with 1 of my AMs. Went ahead and set the CDM on the opposite side to him to get forward and had loads of attacking options. Beat him 7-3 in the end

Macern

Pee pee pants

4231 is the best formation for most, although I play mostly 5212

Sanchez7

it is preplexing that PS4 and PS5 players cant play against each other. Warzone has cross platform between Xbox 1/Series X/PS4/PS5/PC while EA can't get PS4/PS5 working.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
What’s up with the refs? Clear through on goal and last man lunges in from behind and only a yellow. Then the same cnut who should’ve been off scores from their next corner.
They've definitely taken reds out of the game :lol:
It’s totally broken. There’s been so many times where my opponent has completely run through, I’ve hacked him down with no cover and it’s unquestionably a red, and the ref has given a booking at the most.

I've started running that tactic as well and it's yielded me great results. Managed gold 3 with 8 games to go. The week before I couldn't even get 13 wins.
Nice! It’s really effective imo. I enjoy using fullbacks and much prefer going through the center, so I’ve much preferred this formation to the others. Who do you use as FBs?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It’s totally broken. There’s been so many times where my opponent has completely run through, I’ve hacked him down with no cover and it’s unquestionably a red, and the ref has given a booking at the most.

Nice! It’s really effective imo. I enjoy using fullbacks and much prefer going through the center, so I’ve much preferred this formation to the others. Who do you use as FBs?
Yeah, I find it easy to recycle as well with the FBs overlapping you might not be able to cross but you can keep possesion. I'm using Telles and Cancelo. Telles is great with that assisted crossing turned on - not sure if you've seen that. Think it was the FIFA analyst did a vid on it or something. I've been rocking untradeable because I'm trying to trade my way to an Icon early doors, but AWB at CB is actually god, couldn't recommend him higher!

MattofManchester

How is this game now? I haven't played a single edition since FIFA 13. I played a little of 18, and honestly, I don't miss it at all.