Gaming FIFA 22

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just tried a Seasons game online and went 1 - 0 up and the guy instantly quits. Was a really satisfying goal as well. Way better than anything offline was.
Get yourself on to FUT mate. It’s pretty enjoyable in my opinion.
I have quit playing offline a long time ago. I just don’t get the thrill. Where as getting a good deal on the market on FUT is better than any signing I made offline. Each to their own I guess.

Paxi

I’m really, really enjoying this iteration of FIFA, though. I can see myself having a lot of fun with it and COD: Vanguard over the next year.

Paxi

This is a good account to follow. Found his explanations re tactics simple and concise. He always does update videos post patch as well. Well worth a follow in my opinion.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Used my first 10 hours and my team is in a pretty nice place.

Decided to go with Serie A because it seemed cheap for some of the better players.

This is how I currently line up

Got 50k in the bank. Probably going to replace Arthur with Kessie/Barella and De Ligh with Skriniar/Koulibally/Tomori

lilcurt

Used my first 10 hours and my team is in a pretty nice place.

Decided to go with Serie A because it seemed cheap for some of the better players.

This is how I currently line up

Got 50k in the bank. Probably going to replace Arthur with Kessie/Barella and De Ligh with Skriniar/Koulibally/Tomori
Wow how did you get that team already!?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Couldn't imagine forking out for this every year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Currently 12/14 with 2 draws in Division Rivals. Been going great.

Sancho with hunter is unreal, one of the best base players I have used in FUT ever. He is fast, his dribbling and balance is absurd, just cant get him off the ball.

Werner and Vardy up front is also wow, and Godfrey/Frederics with shadows are must have for the first few weeks/months when you have a PL team.

Haven't spent a penny but packing Vinicius IF was incredibly lucky.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Definitely feels like they've nerfed wing-play. In a mostly good way. You used to just be able to sprint past any full-back with hardly any opposition to it.

Feels much harder now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The keepers will soon be back to normal.

The expected goals addition is great though.

Berbaclass

Definitely feels like they've nerfed wing-play. In a mostly good way. You used to just be able to sprint past any full-back with hardly any opposition to it.

Feels much harder now.
Narrow formations seem to be the way to go. Passing is the key to this game. I think they've nerfed skilling too.

I've been using 4-2-3-1 with the 3 CAM's and I'm going to try out the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and 4-3-1-2

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Feels much harder now.
That's good if true. I've avoided FIFA for years because of how much pace seems to dictate everything. There's always been a related issue with strength in the sense players running at full speed have way too much control. I've felt for ages it needs to be more dynamic (i.e. faster speed = less control).

PES has the opposite issue in that no players are fast.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Any changes to pro clubs? It's about the only good game mode they have now. Will do anything I can to avoid the cancerous experience that is Ultimate Team

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Most of my goals are still based on pace and countering and I doubt it will really change.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Most of my goals are still based on pace and countering and I doubt it will really change.
Nothing will change. It's been the same for the last 10 years.

You can even go through the last 10 years worth of threads on Fifa on the caf and you'll see the same thing every year. The first week people say 'actually the gameplay is more realistic now/pace isn't as important in the game/you get punished for pressing when defending/passing is slicker/skill moves aren't as easy to exploit' etc etc and then after a couple of weeks when everyone has learnt the exploits or a patch comes out to remove all the new changes that people complain about it just reverts to the same old game it always has been.

The only way to have a somewhat enjoyable experience on Fifa is to avoid UT altogether which is annoying since it's the only mode that has any durability to it. Offline is awful as they haven't improved the AI in years and regular online seasons is just boring. Pro clubs is the only saving grace if you have a few mates to play with

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The SBCs are tedious for me. So annoying. Cant afford shit.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nothing will change. It's been the same for the last 10 years.

You can even go through the last 10 years worth of threads on Fifa on the caf and you'll see the same thing every year. The first week people say 'actually the gameplay is more realistic now/pace isn't as important in the game/you get punished for pressing when defending/passing is slicker/skill moves aren't as easy to exploit' etc etc and then after a couple of weeks when everyone has learnt the exploits or a patch comes out to remove all the new changes that people complain about it just reverts to the same old game it always has been.

The only way to have a somewhat enjoyable experience on Fifa is to avoid UT altogether which is annoying since it's the only mode that has any durability to it. Offline is awful as they haven't improved the AI in years and regular online seasons is just boring. Pro clubs is the only saving grace if you have a few mates to play with
Also, this post gets posted every year too

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Also, this post gets posted every year too
Every year I'm getting closer to not buying it. Not quite there at the moment but about 5 years ago I was rushing around on release day. Now I'm just thinking I'll get it sometime in late October.

I reckon by Fifa 27 I'll actually not buy it all. The 5 year plan.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Every year I'm getting closer to not buying it. Not quite there at the moment but about 5 years ago I was rushing around on release day. Now I'm just thinking I'll get it sometime in late October.

I reckon by Fifa 27 I'll actually not buy it all. The 5 year plan.

I managed to resist the last 2 installments right until about half way through their cycle. Then I caved and bought it mainly because I had nothing else to play.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I haven’t ever got into MUT or FUT, don’t really know where to begin to be honest. Is there a good beginners guide which is also sufficiently in depth that it doesn’t just give basics anywhere?

Berbaclass

God, squad battles on world-class is so fecking hard :lol:

The AI just does whatever the feck it wants

JP77

Couldn't imagine forking out for this every year.
In fairness for the people that like the game it's actually worth the money for the hours you can sink into it. I completely get the arguments of parts of the game not changing etc but there's definitely plenty of game time you can get out of the game. On the opposite hand you have some great games that get released at the same price but you can complete within a day or two and they're then completely useless after that outside of a replay a few months later. As much as we all have a moan about Fifa (myself included and there's a lot of stuff that needs improving), I think I'll definitely get my money's worth from this years. When I spend 70 quid on a game I'm wanting and expecting to get a lot of hours out of it and this game you can easily sink 100's into it, but again that's personal opinion and taste. I've got no doubt in my mind I'll probably have a good moan about it at some point though and make myself look a tit :lol:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I haven’t ever got into MUT or FUT, don’t really know where to begin to be honest. Is there a good beginners guide which is also sufficiently in depth that it doesn’t just give basics anywhere?
Think FUT is quite straight forward. MUT is really confusing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It’s depressing that this game never changes. Same shit different year.
Honestly, I'm usually critical of FIFA, but I'm not sure how you can play this and think it's no different to last years. I think it's noticeably different.

AaronRedDevil

This is my first 6 out 8 matches in UT. The last 3 or 4 had insane lag. Yes @Carl . Great difference this year. Actually this has been my experience with UT for the last 5 years. Imagine not being able to lose fairly. My god, one could quite possibly lose their minds.

Meller

This is my first 6 out 8 matches in UT. The last 3 or 4 had insane lag. Yes @Carl . Great difference this year. Actually this has been my experience with UT for the last 5 years. Imagine not being able to lose fairly. My god, one could quite possibly lose their minds.

:lol:
This is my favourite thread every year even though I haven't played FIFA since FIFA16. So much drama!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only got regular edition this year after always getting ultimate edition. Early signs look decent though at least. Using the web app, bought 2x Gabriel Jesus at 11k as he should jump up. Also have a Shaw, Partey, Tielemans, Ziyech, Ibra in my transfer list as I'd guess they all go up a lot.

Current team:
IF Dzeko Greenwood
Visca Pjanic Partey Saka
Kolasinac Ahmedhodzic Maguire James
Begovic​

Kind of half bosnia half prem. Should be usable for a bit. Tend to use an ex Yugo team and a United team that I rotate.

Paxi

My current team is:

Ederson; TAA, Rudiger, Stones, Shaw; Fabinho, Fred; Sancho, Foden, Grealish; Richarlison.

Spent £21 so far to be precise. Best pull was Kounde whom sold for 25K. Got some IF card as well but I just discarded it as it wasn’t even selling for 10K. Still, not great not terrible pack luck.

On a side note, EA need to nerf the keepers slightly, which I’m sure they will do as they’re completely fecking insane. Every Tom, Dick and Harry are pulling off once in a life time saves. Just nerf them ever-so-slightly.

PS — I’ve only an hour and a quarter of gameplay left. Absolute bastards, EA, depriving me like that over the weekend.