Gaming FIFA 22

gorky_utd

I am on pc. It is still old gen but the gameplay is significantly improved from 21. Crossing is working again, pass and through pass now feels more like real life, goalkeepers are improved. I don't do any useless skill moves so it is good to see skill moves are slower but will probably be patched. Early signs are positive. Atleast seasons should be fun this time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Propose loan without buy option? Nope they’ll storm out every single time. There’s been zero fecking changes :lol:
That’s annoying but you know you can get around that by delegating your assistant to propose a loan without a buy option and they will take it 9/10. Obviously it’s not ideal but it means you can loan out players more easily.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I was 3-0 down yesterday, played a through ball to Antonio who was muscled off the ball by some centre back with the strength rating of a 12 year old child. Lost my head, went to crunch said CB from behind. Snapped him and then connected with the ball which ended up going in. No foul given. Went on to win 4--3 :lol:

Baneofthegame

I didn’t buy the last FIFA as I essentially feel it’s all geared towards FUT, which I’m refusing to spend money on.

Hopefully this one is more updated and I might consider it, my mate had FIFA 21, I played him once about a month ago and still beat him 6-0 and it all felt the same.

TrustInJanuzaj

Not really sure this thread is filling me with confidence. Some saying it’s changed, others saying it’s the same. Personally don’t think last years overall gameplay was shocking aside from the lack of midfield. If they can fix that then it would be much better.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I am on pc. It is still old gen but the gameplay is significantly improved from 21. Crossing is working again, pass and through pass now feels more like real life, goalkeepers are improved. I don't do any useless skill moves so it is good to see skill moves are slower but will probably be patched. Early signs are positive. Atleast seasons should be fun this time.
Skill moves need to be patched. They’re way too slow but again but they had the right idea nerfing them from last year.

LonelyFire

Not really sure this thread is filling me with confidence. Some saying it’s changed, others saying it’s the same. Personally don’t think last years overall gameplay was shocking aside from the lack of midfield. If they can fix that then it would be much better.
It’s not the same at all. It’s way slower. For what it’s worth, I don’t understand how anyone is enjoying it. The signs are there as to what is going to happen with this - everyone playing drop back. If people want realism from a game of FIFA then that’s fair enough but it’s not for me. I don’t want to be grinding out 20 games every weekend with 1 or 2 goals max per game. We’re in Fifa 20 territory.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Skill moves need to be patched. They’re way too slow but again but they had the right idea nerfing them from last year.
I hope they keep them like that, they still work if timed perfectly, but you don't see them every second of every game now.

It's become about pass and move which is exactly as it should be for me personally.

TrustInJanuzaj

It’s not the same at all. It’s way slower. For what it’s worth, I don’t understand how anyone is enjoying it. The signs are there as to what is going to happen with this - everyone playing drop back. If people want realism from a game of FIFA then that’s fair enough but it’s not for me. I don’t want to be grinding out 20 games every weekend with 1 or 2 goals max per game. We’re in Fifa 20 territory.
I’ll be honest that’s what I want, I think fifa 20 was better than 21. Couldn’t stand the online gameplay last year. The defending was fundamentally broken and midfield ai was a joke with the lack of tracking back. Personally I would rather score 1 or 2 legitimately good goals rather than exploiting 5 and conceding 4 at the other end due to broken defensive AI. I am going over to a friends tonight to play this for the first time so I’ll know more then but actually your post sounds abit more reassuring for me.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I've got pretty lucky with packs from the SBCs so far. Just pulled De Bruyne from the hybrid nations one, and got IF Toney in another. Toney has been a game changer so far with my starter squad, decent pace, finishing and strength make him a proper handful.

LonelyFire

I’ll be honest that’s what I want, I think fifa 20 was better than 21. Couldn’t stand the online gameplay last year. The defending was fundamentally broken and midfield ai was a joke with the lack of tracking back. Personally I would rather score 1 or 2 legitimately good goals rather than exploiting 5 and conceding 4 at the other end due to broken defensive AI. I am going over to a friends tonight to play this for the first time so I’ll know more then but actually your post sounds abit more reassuring for me.
Fair enough mate. For me, Fifa 20 was genuinely the worst I’ve ever played but this is shaping up to match it. We’ll see what happens with the first patch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
My team:
did all the SBCs and packed Haaland, ASM, Alaba, Modric, and one or two others. Ended up with like 200 odd K and managed to build this.

sewey89

I've got pretty lucky with packs from the SBCs so far. Just pulled De Bruyne from the hybrid nations one, and got IF Toney in another. Toney has been a game changer so far with my starter squad, decent pace, finishing and strength make him a proper handful.
I've just done the Marquee Matchup SBCs and best I pulled was Raphinha

DWelbz19

I've just done the Marquee Matchup SBCs and best I pulled was Raphinha
Have you done the hybrid nations/leagues etc. ones? They’re all really good value for money generally speaking. They’re about 7-12k a pop per SBC and once you’ve done the block of 4 the chances of making your money back at minimum from those packs is pretty high.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
My team:
did all the SBCs and packed Haaland, ASM, Alaba, Modric, and one or two others. Ended up with like 200 odd K and managed to build this.
Awesome team, so the packs that you receive arent untradable? I should look into this when I receive my Ultimate Edition points.

Planning to play drafts, receive loads of packs and then do the SBC's.

DWelbz19

Awesome team, so the packs that you receive arent untradable? I should look into this when I receive my Ultimate Edition points.

Planning to play drafts, receive loads of packs and then do the SBC's.
Yep — all the ones like “hybrid nations; leagues; league and nations” are all tradable with some good packs. It’s definitely amazing value for money early game. If you check one of the sites like Futwiz or Futbin they even have the SBC solutions that other helpful users have uploaded.

sewey89

Have you done the hybrid nations/leagues etc. ones? They’re all really good value for money generally speaking. They’re about 7-12k a pop per SBC and once you’ve done the block of 4 the chances of making your money back at minimum from those packs is pretty high.
Yeah, done those too. Didn't get anything major, but you're right, they're good value.

I think my pack luck has run dry after getting Haaland, Sancho, Van Dijk, Oblak and Bruno in the first week last year :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

The problem is, and this thread illustrates it well. There are two different demands from two different groups of fifa players. Ultimate team fans just want a tight online gameplay experience, fast paced, arcadey just like the mode in general. The other group like myself want a solid slow paced offline game while being able to enjoy the odd online seasons game that feels somewhat realistic. I don’t think the two can currently coincide within the same game and so instead ea flip flop around and ultimately cater to their money maker of ultimate team. It would be better for them to make two separate games these days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The problem is, and this thread illustrates it well. There are two different demands from two different groups of fifa players. Ultimate team fans just want a tight online gameplay experience, fast paced, arcadey just like the mode in general. The other group like myself want a solid slow paced offline game while being able to enjoy the odd online seasons game that feels somewhat realistic. I don’t think the two can currently coincide within the same game and so instead ea flip flop around and ultimately cater to their money maker of ultimate team. It would be better for them to make two separate games these days.
Or in the game options where you can pick between Slow & Fast, make that the two difference. You can even select that as a preference when playing online.

I much prefer a slower less ping pong game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This is my first 6 out 8 matches in UT. The last 3 or 4 had insane lag. Yes @Carl . Great difference this year. Actually this has been my experience with UT for the last 5 years. Imagine not being able to lose fairly. My god, one could quite possibly lose their minds.

Seriously mate, seek help. Why are you even playing it given the anger it clearly stirs within you?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I hope they keep them like that, they still work if timed perfectly, but you don't see them every second of every game now.

It's become about pass and move which is exactly as it should be for me personally.
EDIT: I’m brain dead. Duh! I thought you replied to my comment about keepers being way op and I also managed to forget that I even posted about the skills — completely agreed that it’s good that it’s more about movement but it’s not fair on players whom spent countless hours perfecting these moves as well imo. There should be a balance for a good football game. But I’m very hopeful for this fifa. So far so good imo.

It needs some adjustments personally speaking. I was clean through on goal a lot of the times, first time shots et al. All these chances coming from moving the ball and working towards the angles that would give me the best possible opportunity to score. It’s just frustrating now as there is no rhyme or reason as to when the ball will go in.

I get that it’s about movement but it’s the way I’ve always been playing and it’s decidedly more difficult to put chances away in this game than since I can remember. One can also tell by the amount of 0-0 draws I’ve had — must have had more 0-0’s in this FIFA already than in the past decade. So yeah, just tweak it slightly imo.

AaronRedDevil

I don't play online tbf. Single player has definitely improved.
That I agree. The runs and passing seem better. But online it's mostly the same. Tackles are still pointless. Though it doesn play miles better then 21..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I like how many stats there are now. The blocked shots one will be interesting because that's clearly still an issue.

Had three goals scored against me online where they've had a shot on goal, my defender has blocked it and it's fallen perfectly for an onrushing attacker to score.

It's that or I just have multiple of my own shots blocked regardless of distance. The hit box is way too big.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Also conceded this online :lol: Is Kasper on the PSG payroll? 90th minute and was an equaliser as well.

Of course I tried to play as Leicester and have a fun match but came up against Messi, Mbappe and Neymar for the 6th time.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yep and I find it interesting coming from a similar game this year in MLB The Show 21 because the online mode defaults to a harder difficulty and the community has to learn how to adapt to things like smaller PCI and more difficult pitching.

Turning it on yesterday, I was like yep, this is FIFA isn't it - very fast-paced and undeniably arcade-like in how instantaneous it all is. I gather that's how people like to play; a dreamy game where everything is silky smooth.

As they say, it's probably just not my bag, Clive.

AaronRedDevil

Anyone else lagging? The last 5 games I have played had stop/start lag and it’s killing me online.

fergosaurus

Also conceded this online :lol: Is Kasper on the PSG payroll? 90th minute and was an equaliser as well.

Of course I tried to play as Leicester and have a fun match but came up against Messi, Mbappe and Neymar for the 6th time.
Leicester fans behind the goal celebrate as well. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing online? 99% of the time the passing is utter dogshit and sometimes things work and other times they’re atrocious. I have no idea wtf is going on half the time.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not really sure what I’m supposed to be doing online? 99% of the time the passing is utter dogshit and sometimes things work and other times they’re atrocious. I have no idea wtf is going on half the time.
Paying money to EA to get better players. That's how you win.