Gaming FIFA 22

Santos J

Bloody hell Sule got his upgrade fast. Someone in that department is a Bayern fan.

EvilChuck

Got the 88 Immobile IF for 32k. Know he isnt meta, and probably wont be any more effective than RB Arnautovic, but he is one of my favourite strikers from past fifas and I know that realistically R2 is my peak so I'm not too fussed that he wont improve my game. I'm just glad to have a high rated special version of him for so cheap

Frank White

Was hoping for EA to have upgraded the UCL cards to test them out in WL but guess we'll have to wait till next week now. 8-2 and got a Muller as my best card for my troubles....

Also this new promo is dead. Thought they would have upgraded sm/wf on every card and the selection of cards are so boring. Hopefully futmas is good this year or might be taking another hiatus.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I started a player career as a Pirlo reincarnate and its been fun. I'd recommend upping the difficulty to maximum to keep it interesting though.
Great minds… I’ve done this exact thing. Feels like the best position to play in that mode so you don’t have to suffer the crappy AI. Is it just me or do the AI act differently in that mode compared to normal? They can’t pass a ball normally.

Meller

Got the 88 Immobile IF for 32k. Know he isnt meta, and probably wont be any more effective than RB Arnautovic, but he is one of my favourite strikers from past fifas and I know that realistically R2 is my peak so I'm not too fussed that he wont improve my game. I'm just glad to have a high rated special version of him for so cheap
Picked him up as well, same price. Have been using his normal card and it's been good for me so figured why not for that price.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Great minds… I’ve done this exact thing. Feels like the best position to play in that mode so you don’t have to suffer the crappy AI. Is it just me or do the AI act differently in that mode compared to normal? They can’t pass a ball normally.
Yeah they make some stupid passes that is for certain, never put any bend on the ball it's always perfectly straight

EvilChuck

Picked him up as well, same price. Have been using his normal card and it's been good for me so figured why not for that price.
I really like him. On paper his attributes are worse than Arnautovic, but I think because of his work rates (high/medium compared to medium/low on Arnautovic) he makes more runs in behind which is freeing up space for my midfielders to play in as well as giving me the option for a pass in behind. With Hunter he has nearly 99 pace too so can get away from defenders.

He cant dribble at all, but he is a point and shoot striker which suits me down to the ground. He finishes everything in the box. I have never had so many rage quits. Normally i have to grind out most of my games sunday night after work, but i played a couple of hours last night and got to 9-3 just from rage quits

TrustInJanuzaj

Is it me or has the gameplay suddenly became faster and more arcade-like after the latest update?
I don’t think so ultimate team always goes that way though once everyone has these kind of teams. I mean every player has over 80 pace at least now in most teams I encounter which is bound to change the flow.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm not playing ultimate team though. I'm only playing career mode.
I played kick off last night against a couple of mates and didn't notice any difference, in fact I'd say it felt exactly the same as when it first came out which was nice after how much UT has changed.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
A new week, a new set of elite rewards and again this is the level of choice given.

they really should make it 81+ Choice of 3 or something. It’s so annoying playing and only getting crap like that. I got 83 Akinfeev as my best this week.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Wondered why Haaland was so cheap till I picked him up. 90 pace but he feels so slow. But his shooting is incredible every shot seems to end up as a goal.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

I’ll do Mid Casillas and Mid Rio and then take the 25 x 82 pack for fodder.

Last edited:

Meller

Just played a guy, I'm up 5-4 and attacking, guy stops playing and hits the pause so I walk it out of bounds to be nice. He proceeds to score straight away, and later the winner before passing it around the back. :lol:

I'll never try to be nice ever again thanks to this twat.

Meller

Also just did the +81 squad builder and got Casemiro and Kroos in the same one. :lol:

Just played a guy, I'm up 5-4 and attacking, guy stops playing and hits the pause so I walk it out of bounds to be nice. He proceeds to score straight away, and later the winner before passing it around the back. :lol:

I'll never try to be nice ever again thanks to this twat.
Never be nice to anyone in this game except for giving out free wins!

TrustInJanuzaj

Started a new account because my old one got banned. Built a really rudimentary la liga side and god the lower leagues are fun. Isak has bagged 14 goals with 10 assists in 8 games. Dembele has 12 goals with 6 assists in 8 :lol:

EvilChuck

Did the Mertens SBC, chose the ice version for the passing as I planned to use him as CAM... he is not worth it at all. Too small, and far too weak

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Did the Mertens SBC, chose the ice version for the passing as I planned to use him as CAM... he is not worth it at all. Too small, and far too weak
I loved him in previous FIFA’s but I’ve found the same with him and Ben Yeddar. Strength matters a lot more this year.

Paxi

Got Mbappe as my next gen player — happy days.

Quite a downgrade from his base card but it’s still going to be a quality card and he slots perfectly in my team.

AaronRedDevil

I think fifa has my account on some switch to make sure I never get a player I want or be happy with. I always get the worst of the best. Got fecking Pulisic. And I can't even sell the useless cnut.

EvilChuck

Got Mbappe as my next gen player — happy days.

Quite a downgrade from his base card but it’s still going to be a quality card and he slots perfectly in my team.
Got Theo Hernandez from mine. Perfect as I run a full Serie A side, and I can sell his IF for 160k or so

Paxi

Got Theo Hernandez from mine. Perfect as I run a full Serie A side, and I can sell his IF for 160k or so
That’s a nice pull, that. I’m running a hybrid with serie a, ligue one and la liga with POTM Koulibaly on 8 chem.

EA nuked this Mbappe to be honest but he’s still not too bad. He’s still got his body type and I put a hunter on him just to give him that pace boost and finishing stats. He’s got 7 goals in 3 games for me - I’m in div 3 but it’s a bit too easy for me - I’m a division one player — just haven’t had the time to play this season. Yeah, he’s not too bad for a free card.

Scholes.92

Wondering if anyone can help me

I'm currently trying out 4-5-1

For some reason my CAMs always seem to drift wide to become the wingers and my LM and RM seem to move into the CAM position. Something which I suppose I could fix by switching but it would of course ruin chemistry.

Any help would be appreciated please guys

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Anyway you can stop your centre backs from randomly dropping into the 6 yard box leaving a massive gap between them and midfield?

Meller

For some reason my CAMs always seem to drift wide to become the wingers and my LM and RM seem to move into the CAM position. Something which I suppose I could fix by switching but it would of course ruin chemistry.

Having the same problem actually and I have set my wingers to stay wide.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

If you use custom tactics to change to a different formation in game (e.g. by adjusting your settings with the d-pad from "balanced" to "attacking"), your players don't lose any chemistry. I line up in 4-3-3(3), for instance, but in game switch to 4-2-2-2.

Same set them as wide even tried setting them with no defensive duties so they'd basically just hug the touchline but no luck so far
You actually will have better luck telling them to come back on defense - if your CAMs are on balanced defending, the wide players will move into those vacated spaces. It's also generally good practice to do this anyway - otherwise your forwards can become too isolated.

Anyway you can stop your centre backs from randomly dropping into the 6 yard box leaving a massive gap between them and midfield?
Make sure your depth isn't too low when defending. Also spring off-side traps (down twice on the d-pad) - whenever the opponent is kicking off I'll do this, and if I feel like the gap you're referring to is too large then this can also be a way to close it quickly (just have to be wary of through balls obviously).

EvilChuck

Another week, another set of shitty elite rewards. Best player in the red pick was 86 Trapp, or I could choose one of the 77 rated outfield players.

Packed Lukaku from the 100k pack which made up the coin difference from going tradeable vs untradeable.

Now just waiting for IF Theo Hernandez to bounce back in price before I sell him, and then we see whether this weeks promo has anyone worth the coins - rumours of a Gullit Gang SMS, and a special version of Spinnazola, both of which would definitely interest me.

Serie A is in desperate need of some RBs though. Still having to use gold Cuadrado, or OTW Dumfries is tiresome

2 man midfield

I just can’t defend in this game at all. I just grab my CDM and get him to press the player in possession, while letting the AI defend for me. Seemed to work previously but now the other guy just runs around them without them even putting a challenge in :lol:

AaronRedDevil

I just can’t defend in this game at all. I just grab my CDM and get him to press the player in possession, while letting the AI defend for me. Seemed to work previously but now the other guy just runs around them without them even putting a challenge in :lol:
Happens every damn time. The CPU just doesn't do anything anymore.

Santos J

Some of the leaked Winter Wilcard cards look insane, Sow is going to be a beast as is Pogba but he'll be 1m+

2 man midfield

Happens every damn time. The CPU just doesn't do anything anymore.
Exactly, I concede so often from kick off because he just runs at my back 4 and I can’t catch up. It’s either hope the computer kicks in or take control of the centre back and decide whether to commit left or right.