FIFA13: Ultimate Team

gaz1185

Yeah your only option to make Kompany a 9 is bringing in David Luiz, and like you say, Luiz is good but he's no Kompany. Even Julio Cesar can't make Kompany a 9 in that squad, you'd have to bring in Clichy too. I'm sure Kompany will be great with a 7, but it's just a shame you couldn't get all 9's - would have been one hell of a team!

EvilChuck

AC Milan are fecking up my trading. Earlier today I bought quite a few away kits of theirs for 150 coins, thinking that when they knocked Barca out people would want to buy the kit themselves and I'd be able to sell them for 400-500 coins. Should have bought the Barca home kit instead :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've hit a serious brick wall with this game. I was about 100 wins- 20 draws and 15 losses at 1 stage, but recently I can't seem to win for the life of me. No matter what I do I struggle to break teams down, and keeping a clean sheet has become harder than curing
Cancer.

Anybody else experienced a similar thing?, am I just matching harder people now or does the game go through a period of fecking you.

I play 4-2-3-1 with a German team, but I have realised it just does not let you get enough people forward. So fustrating.

binary bot
I've hit a serious brick wall with this game. I was about 100 wins- 20 draws and 15 losses at 1 stage, but recently I can't seem to win for the life of me. No matter what I do I struggle to break teams down, and keeping a clean sheet has become harder than curing
Cancer.

Anybody else experienced a similar thing?, am I just matching harder people now or does the game go through a period of fecking you.

I play 4-2-3-1 with a German team, but I have realised it just does not let you get enough people forward. So fustrating.
Have you changed your team recently or upgraded to better players? A lot of people disagree but I'm confident EA put something in the gameplay that massively disadvantages the higher rated teams.

EvilChuck

Yeah it happens, its a combination of things, better opponents, boredom on your part, but I do think that sometimes the game just decides it isnt your time to win. My best run in division 1 saw me win or come within a point or 2 for 5 consecutive seasons, and then suddenly I couldnt string 2 passes together, every tackle would be missed, the ball would always ricochet to the other team's players, everyone on the other teams would be quicker than mine (a particularly frustrating game saw Barzagli catch up to Hernandez, despite a 2 yard headstart for me) and ended up relegated back down as far as division 3.

Heffo

I think the matchmaking is supposed to pair people with similar records. If that's so, then technically as you play more games and your record improves and you start playing better opponents. Not sure how accurate that is but it could go some way to explaining your struggles.

Leg-End

You gotta figure those that are still playing, have been playing it for some time now and the casual fans have probably moved on.

EvilChuck

One thing I have noticed is the lobbed through ball for a pacey striker to run on to never seems to happen any more. Instead it seems everyone dribbles to the edge of the box and does a ronaldo chop a few tines for an easy run through on goal

Heffo

Anyone have an Irish team. The players prices have absolutely sky rocketed with after the St. Patricks day tournament was announced. Unfortunately I'm away from home at the moment so I can't play it right now.

The tournament runs until the 17th so I considered waiting till I go home tomorrow, trying to win it to get the money and packs and then hoping the players have retained their value. But with the prices some of them are going for at the moment I decided not to risk it.

After looking at the values players are going for at the moment I put my 13 Irish players up for sale. A team I bought for about 4-5k should go for 75k plus at the moment. Am I right in thinking that in the rush to get Irish players, this is as high as their prices will rise? Or have I made a mistake in selling the players before their prices have peaked?

EvilChuck

I've made a few tweaks to my team. I didnt like having Kompany at 7 chemistry and nothing I tried made him a 9 without compromising the chemistry rating of another player, and I tried the non IF version of Sirigu and he was just awful, so I decided not to go for the IF version. So now my team is a Serie A/Ligue 1/Italy/Brazil hybrid.

-------------Buffon
Maicon - T.Silva - Chiellini - Criscito
-------------Pastore
Hulk-------------------------Giovinco
------Lucas--------Marchisio
--------------Pato

I need to sell Kompany and Nani to raise funds for Buffon and Chiellini. And then I'm looking to build a second team to rotate them with, another hybrid, this time a Bundesliga/La Liga hybrid

----------------Neuer
Piszczek - Hummels - Pepe - Coentrao
------------Xabi Alonso
Farfan----------------------Guardado
------Gotze------------Ozil
--------------Gomez

I'm hoping to finally settle down as far as team building goes now and just play. I keep building teams, play a few games with them and then sell them to build something completely new from scratch.

Edit: I've just realised how much better I could make that team if I put Blaszczykowski at RM, Schweinsteiger at CM, then Arda Turan at CAM in place of Ozil and the 89 Falcao at ST. Life would be easy then, just work the ball to the wing and cross it in, with the 89 Falcao's stats it's pretty much guaranteed to be a goal

Edit: Disregard the bit about Blaszczykowski, Farfan is better at crossing which is sort of the point of having wingers and Falcao

gaz1185

Anyone have an Irish team. The players prices have absolutely sky rocketed with after the St. Patricks day tournament was announced. Unfortunately I'm away from home at the moment so I can't play it right now.

The tournament runs until the 17th so I considered waiting till I go home tomorrow, trying to win it to get the money and packs and then hoping the players have retained their value. But with the prices some of them are going for at the moment I decided not to risk it.

After looking at the values players are going for at the moment I put my 13 Irish players up for sale. A team I bought for about 4-5k should go for 75k plus at the moment. Am I right in thinking that in the rush to get Irish players, this is as high as their prices will rise? Or have I made a mistake in selling the players before their prices have peaked?
This is a bit mental; I was pissed off at the fact I only had around 2 Irish players to make a squad from to enter this tournament and the prices for them had gone to an extortionate level since it began! I’m not wasting cash on building a team which will depreciate as soon as it finishes.

But... I’m just watching the market for players going on sale at cheap prices and making some mad profits. I just bought a Keith Andrews card for 1400 and sold it for 8000 :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I got Shane Long in a pack two days ago and I put him up for 650, buy now 900. He was bought in milliseconds.

I checked how much he's going for, about 4000. Doh.

Adam-Utd

That's mental :lol: I take it only Irish teams can enter?

Leg-End

I just made 100K in about 10 minute out of shit Irish bronzes :lol:

binary bot
Ridiculous tournament; you have to fleece out about 50 grand for an average Irish team.

Heffo

Ended up making 100k from the team that initially cost me 4-5k. I also made a few nice tidy profits buying and selling Irish players last night and this morning. If the players are relatively cheap on Sunday Evening I might buy a team and give the tournament a go.

EvilChuck

I've picked up 6 McGeady cards for 3.2k each, relisted them all for 4k/4.5k BIN, knowing my luck though no one will buy them and I'll end up making a loss on them :lol::(

Heffo

I've really enjoyed making Bronze and Silver teams recently and I decided to make another account to start from Division 5 and see what kind of record I could build up with just these teams. Got promoted to Division 3 earlier anyway without any hassle and decided to make a pretty nice Silver Argentina team.

Made it, played a few games with them on the bench of other teams to get their fitness up and then went to play a division 3 game. Came up against a guy with Ronaldo, Benzema, Falcao, Ozil, Casillas etc., needless to say I was shitting myself. But then I went and beat your man 4-1 (and only conceeded while writing him a message). It annoys me that I'll probably never get to use Ronaldo while average players like him own one.

EvilChuck

fecks sake, I come back to play this again after leaving it a while, build a new team and play my first game with them. Winning 3-0 and the other guy quits, the the servers drop and I get a DNF loss :(

Baxter

Got the IF Totti on the LM of my 3-4-2-1 Serie A side. So slow. :lol: :lol:

EvilChuck

Is there a new scam going or something? In the last few days I have been offered trades by people when I have been playing them, yesterday I was offered Van Persie for my Torres, and tonight I have been offered Aguero for my Benzema. The economics dont work out on either trade, RVP is worth close to 50k last time I checked, and I paid about 23k for Torres, and Benzema cost me 40k compared to an average 120k for Aguero

Heffo

Is there a new scam going or something? In the last few days I have been offered trades by people when I have been playing them, yesterday I was offered Van Persie for my Torres, and tonight I have been offered Aguero for my Benzema. The economics dont work out on either trade, RVP is worth close to 50k last time I checked, and I paid about 23k for Torres, and Benzema cost me 40k compared to an average 120k for Aguero
What they'll do is get you to put your guy up for sale, offer a bronze, hope you can't see what player is offered and that you'll just assume it's the player they said they would give you. Guy tried to do it to me a couple of weeks ago.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think there's a glitch on PS3 where you can't see the cards that are being offered to you in a trade, so some pricks try to take advantage of that.

EvilChuck

I knew it would be something dodgy :lol:. The guy who offered me Aguero for Benzema told me he was leaving PS3 and going on to Xbox, and was building a BBVA team for his friend before he left. I asked him why he wast just giving his friend the Aguero card to sell so he'd have a Banzema and ~80k spare, he said 'I was trying to be nice'.

No one on Ultimate Team is nice!!!

EvilChuck

What is wrong with me? I build teams, find a formation that seems to work, then I get bored of it, start playing like shit and want to sell everyone and build a new team from scratch.

These are all the players I currently have, I want to sell them all :lol:

binary bot
That's Ultimate Team!:p

Buy team -> Team plays great -> Team turns to shit after about 5 matches -> Sell team -> Lose out via tax and depreciation.

Rinse and repeat.

EvilChuck

:lol: Its ridiculous. Like right now, I'll have an idea of a team I want to build, I'll start building it but before I get everyone, another idea will pop into my head and I'll start building that one instead.

Adam-Utd

maybe you should see our your teams before getting excited lol.

I wish i could buy even half those players, they must be :drool: to play with

EvilChuck

The players I have enjoyed using most have been Kagawa, Gotze, Oscar, Insigne, Wilshere, that sort of small, lightweight CAM with good dribbling stats and excellent close control. I play very narrow most of the time, unless the wing completely opens up, so being able to control the ball in the tight spaces is something I pretty much need

Adam-Utd

Yeah gotze is lovely, Gundogan is great too.

Ultimate team is all about pace and agility really.

EvilChuck

Decent team, the in forms must have cost a fair bit (especially the Di Natale). 4-3-1-2 is the est formation for a Serie A tea by far as well

Edit: Just looked again, and it isnt even the Di Natale that is an in form, disregard that part (although regular Di Natale is still crazy expensive)

AttackingFlair

Looking forward to trying out SIF Inler who has 99 shot power and 96 long shots or something like that!

I had IF Miccoli as a CF once but he wasn't that good so thought I'd try out Palacio.. not much better either for me.

EvilChuck

I had so much fun using Insigne at CF. He's only rated 75 but I preferred him to Sneijder and Boateng, and he only cost like 750 coins on PS3