FIFA13: Ultimate Team

AttackingFlair

Is it worth getting the AC Milan Balotteli for extra money or just get the City Balotelli? For a Serie A squad

AttackingFlair

IF Cavani Di Natale (Pato) rotating
IF Miccoli

Thinking of selling Pato for Balotelli, although Pato's pace is useful as the other three seem to always get caught up by Luiz/Thiago Silva etc

Chrisjn

After a few days i have this.

-------Serie A-------------------------------------La Liga

------------4-3-3----Manager: Wenger

Robinho - Cavani - Polacio-------------------Villa--Canales--Sanchez
Vidal ----- Pirlo - Marchisio-----------------Alonso--Khedira--Busquets
De-Ceglie-Barzagli--Mexes-Lichtstiener----Abidal-Mascherano-Carvalho-Arbeloa
---------Marchetti--------------------------------Cortois

Not bad for me after less than a week, I think.

Where should I improve either team next?

EvilChuck

If you're happy enough to only be able to use Balotelli with Di Natale then get the City version. The money you save will mean you can keep Pato as well that way. Balotelli is a tank on this though. He's quick enough to get away from defenders, and even if they catch him he's so strong its near impossible to get the ball off of him.

EvilChuck

After a few days i have this.

-------Serie A-------------------------------------La Liga

------------4-3-3----Manager: Wenger

Robinho - Cavani - Polacio-------------------Villa--Canales--Sanchez
Vidal ----- Pirlo - Marchisio-----------------Alonso--Khedira--Busquets
De-Ceglie-Barzagli--Mexes-Lichtstiener----Abidal-Mascherano-Carvalho-Arbeloa
---------Marchetti--------------------------------Cortois

Not bad for me after less than a week, I think.

Where should I improve either team next?
You need some pace in defence, in both teams. If budget is tight for a Chiellini then the obvious substitutes would be Ogbonna or Gamberini. The La Liga team can only really use Pepe or Ramos for a pacey centre back, Ramos is ridiculously priced, Pepe can be between 17-25k which is pretty reasonable

AttackingFlair

If you're happy enough to only be able to use Balotelli with Di Natale then get the City version. The money you save will mean you can keep Pato as well that way. Balotelli is a tank on this though. He's quick enough to get away from defenders, and even if they catch him he's so strong its near impossible to get the ball off of him.
Say if I still have 100 chem despite Balotelli and Cavani being together, will it have an affect?

EvilChuck

Team chemistry doesn seem to make much difference, its individual chemistry that I notice makes a big difference. As low as 8 chemistry seems to be fine, but once its lower the players start making bad runs (if they make them at all), you'll find them out of position, or their attributes dont seem to have as much effect. If a City Balotelli fits in with at least 8 chemistry then he should be fine

Heffo

Team chemistry doesn seem to make much difference, its individual chemistry that I notice makes a big difference. As low as 8 chemistry seems to be fine, but once its lower the players start making bad runs (if they make them at all), you'll find them out of position, or their attributes dont seem to have as much effect. If a City Balotelli fits in with at least 8 chemistry then he should be fine
What I've heard with individual chem is, 7 chem means a player is as good as they are in regular head to head and offline, each chem above or below that adds or subtracts a small percentage of their stats. So by that logic Walcott with 9 chem might actually have 99 pace rather than 96. Not sure that's definitely true mind, but a well known Fifa YouTuber explained it in that way.

Also FAO Chrisjn. EA just announced via their twitter that they just released an update for the PC which brings back Guest play on Ultimate Team and the consoles will have this update next week.

EvilChuck

I'm selling my Serie A side, I'm bored of them and I'm losing too frequently now. So a change in team and formation might spice things up. I've already started building a La Liga side, I'm going for 4-3-3 this time.

I also have a Russian 11 to sell, a Brazilian 11 to sell, and a few bits and bobs here and there. Knowing my luck though, I'll sell all of my players and still not enough to buy a full La Liga side thats any good

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Selling/Sold my Dortmund and Bayern fusion team and going for a Premier League team. Didn't realise how the prices were so excessive for PL players. Like fecking real life.

I've got De Gea, Walker, Vermaelen, Agger, Enrique, Valencia, Ramires, Gerrard, need a LM, Hernandez, Podolski

Subs so far: Mbia, Rafael, Fellaini, Welbeck

Still got to sell a De Rossi from a pack, Hummels, Muller, Kuba, Wiese (a squadie who wasn't Bayern/Dortmund) and a few more. Hopefully I'll raise about 40,000 coins from the 22 different players/consumables listed.

Need an LM, 3 subs and hopefully some left over for ressies. I'm thinking for the short term just to buy a cheap Ben Arfa and knock down my chemistry to like 97 playing him out of position. I want Nani but he's pricey. Don't want Young because he's weak and I'd have to use the booster card on him every game.

Subs I'm thinking Cabaye, Ba and Krul.

I should've stuck with the Bundesliga side, only lost 8 out of 65 with them or something.

My next one will be a Russian side with McGeady, Emenike, Doumbia, Witsel, M'Vila, Eduardo, Criscito, Anyukov, Alves, Bocchetti and Akinfeev. But not until I've won a shit load with the PL side and amassed a crazy amount of coins.

EvilChuck

Ben Arfa is quality on this. In my PL team I always used him instead of Walcott as RF in a 4-3-2-1. His close control for dribbling is amazing, and far outweighs Walcott's pace (which I never seem to be able to utilise on this). N'Zogbia or Hoilett are decent cheap options for LM/LF/LW as well

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else know about Abumeyang? he is incredible as a pacey striker.

I just scored 10 with him in 1 game :houllier:

EvilChuck

I hate him. Any time I see a French league team its him or Remy (or both) up front, and every pass is over the top for them to run on to. I felt like enough of a pacewhore with Gouffran up front :lol:

EvilChuck

I seem to have completely forgotten how to play fifa. I cant score, I cant defend, I can barely string two passes together... its pissing me off so much. I think I'm playing too much

EvilChuck

Literally a week ago I was winning division 1, or coming within 1 or 2 points of doing so. Tonight I've been relegated to division 3... time to take a break

AttackingFlair

Its crazy! I was mentioning how I went from winning div 1 to being relegated and now I got promoted and won the div 1 title again.

Adam-Utd

Its funny this game, some of these teams i come up against i sit there and think... oh my god :eek: this will be tough!.

But then proceed to actually play them, realise they are rubbish and whoop there ass :lol:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
My second-rate PL team went tits up. Russian it is (pace-rape time!)

If that fails, back to the Bundesliga.

Chrisjn

I got to season 1 in 2 days then got bored. It's just a case of playing the opposite pass they think you're gonna make each time, at a decent pace. Same applies to dribbling. This does admittedly get harder as you go up the divisions.

Is the 2 player online ultimate team patch out yet? The help in this thread has been great so far.

Heffo

I got to season 1 in 2 days then got bored. It's just a case of playing the opposite pass they think you're gonna make each time, at a decent pace. Same applies to dribbling. This does admittedly get harder as you go up the divisions.

Is the 2 player online ultimate team patch out yet? The help in this thread has been great so far.
Its out on PC. Will be released on consoles some time this week.

EvilChuck

I've been focussing on trading more than actual playing recently. I've played a few games, but not too many (just enough to get promoted from division 3). Nut I've traded my way up from about 40k to just over 100k in the last few days. Once I sell up what I have stocked I'll be selling all of my players, and building my epic La Liga team

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Got kompany in a pack and then xabi Alonso in the pre order pack, finally some luck.
My premier league team now..
Cech
Walker kompany vermaelan Evra
Toure wilshere
Silva Suarez Mata
Rvp

Have a foot bundesliga team as well, as it is quite cheap (don't have neuer, lahm, Ribery, robben, prett much the strongest possible one apart from those players though). Started making a Spanish league team as well. Have jordi alba, Ozil, xabi Alonso and khedira to start me off.

AttackingFlair

Neuer is ridiculous on this game, cost me the division 1 title once playing against him. Saved everything.

AttackingFlair

Some weird shit going on. Bidding on an IF Miccoli who's worth around 140-150k on xbox atm, some guy bids 242k and then someone bids 242.5k and wins. Now I've seen this before with other players where someone will bid a ridiculous amount way over what they're worth, then someone will top it by .5 and it will be sold.

Corruption?!

EvilChuck

How soon after the 242k bid did the next one happen?

What I think has happened is the seller has a second account he's using to increase the auction for his card. If he starts a bidding war using a second account, increasing his bid over the other person by the minimum amount as soon as he can, the other person bidding starts doing the same. After a few rounds of this the seller uses his second account to make a ridiculous bid hoping that the other bidder doesnt register how much has been bid and just presses the bid button himself.

Best case scenario the card sells for way over the odds, worst case scenario it just gets transferred to the second account and he can try again

Chrisjn

What I think has happened is the seller has a second account he's using to increase the auction for his card. If he starts a bidding war using a second account, increasing his bid over the other person by the minimum amount as soon as he can, the other person bidding starts doing the same. After a few rounds of this the seller uses his second account to make a ridiculous bid hoping that the other bidder doesnt register how much has been bid and just presses the bid button himself.

Best case scenario the card sells for way over the odds, worst case scenario it just gets transferred to the second account and he can try again
So sad...

Heffo

Could be, very risky if that is what's happening there. If someone were to try that every time it failed they would be losing 5% in tax. At 240k that's gonna cost you 12k each go it doesn't work. So basically it'd have to work 10% of the time for you to break even.

AttackingFlair

I think you're right EvilChuck. The bid happened straight after and I nearly got caught out myself. Seen this happen about 4/5 times now.

I've sold my serie a team, got 410k to spend. Im thinking of a bundesliga team + podolski. Now I've been looking at in form podolski and in form reus (if i was to get one it would only be one) and im not sure if the extra money is worth it considering theyre both lm/lw instead of cf and generally for me im forms play worse than normal cards.

Heffo

I think IF Taarabt is my favourite player in this game. Excellent dribbling and shooting, 5 star skills and weak foot. I score so many goal with him from CAM.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I think IF Taarabt is my favourite player in this game. Excellent dribbling and shooting, 5 star skills and weak foot. I score so many goal with him from CAM.
Hes my favorite IN Form for sure

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I only have the normal version of his card but he's definitely one of my favourites. His dribbling is brilliant and you can take the absolute piss with some of the skills he can do.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/151295800

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/151296076

Two goals I scored with him, he's insane! It's pointless spending 20, 30 or 40k on Mata, Silva and the likes when you can get Taarabt for around 1000 coins.

Heffo

Hes my favorite IN Form for sure
In fairness he's the only IF I've bought in the game so far.

I only have the normal version of his card but he's definitely one of my favourites. His dribbling is brilliant and you can take the absolute piss with some of the skills he can do.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/151295800

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/151296076

Two goals I scored with him, he's insane! It's pointless spending 20, 30 or 40k on Mata, Silva and the likes when you can get Taarabt for around 1000 coins.
The normal one is great too. I've had him for a while and I liked playing with him so much I decided to fork out the cash to get the IF version.

I think it's the 5 star skills and weak foot that make him stand out. You can come in from either wing or come out of doing a skill move and get a good shot on goal no matter what foot your on.

Adam-Utd

They have re added the extra player option now online in ultimate team for those who are interested.

Is there any trick to help get more lucky in packs? Ive got sod all worth mentioning in the first 10 or so ive got. Really fustrating!

Leg-End

I got IF De Gea earlier on the web app after curiousity got the better of me before the football, still can't be bothered to play UT though.