FIFA13: Ultimate Team

lunchforthesky

If you have skill you can destroy pacewhore teams all day long.

I play.

----------------Lopez---------------
-Perreira--Mascherano-Pepe--Alba----
----------Busquets---Alonso----------
------Modric----Fabregas---Ozil-------
-----------------Falcao---------------

Win Division 1 about 50% of seasons, never been relegated from Division 1 since I got there.

Just don't run your defenders out of position like an idiot or give the ball away in bad areas and pacewhore teams aren't a problem.

EvilChuck

I've just been lured into FUT once again, I needed a COD break :mad: But this time I decided to try a different approach with a mix of strength & pace, rather than all out pace. I started creating a team using Uruguayan players, but then it quickly became a mix of Serie A & Uruguay. Anyway, to the point; I use Barzagli as the central defender of a back three and find him absolutely brilliant. What he lacks in pace, he makes up for in Marking & Strength which means if you play deep enough against the "pacey" attackers he'll simply overpower them to the ball. I have Campagnaro & Ogbonna playing on either side of him who also have high Marking & Strength stats but also have a bit more pace to them, so they compliment Barzagli and can track any forward runs. I did intend on getting Chiellini originally, but for the price difference Barzagli has been a great purchase.
I bought him for 5,000. I've got him in a back 4 with pace around him, he should be fine I hope... I'll try him later.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dr7rPNzynITSW:ps3

That's my current side. I want to get Buffon in goal, Boateng in CM to play alongside Hamsik and Pirlo, and Di Natale up front to make the team complete.

AttackingFlair

Miccoli, everytime. He's probably one of the best players on UT. Quick, great dribbling, great shot, great free-kicks, great passing, 4 star skills and the perfect work-rates (high attacking, low defence.)

Cavani is decent but his work-rates ruin him a little (high attacking, high defence).
Hmm. I have both but the Cavani one is in form. The IF Miccoli one looks to have really improved his shooting.

I play.

Win Division 1 about 50% of seasons, never been relegated from Division 1 since I got there.

Just don't run your defenders out of position like an idiot or give the ball away in bad areas and pacewhore teams aren't a problem.
I'd love to see a gameplay of yours

EvilChuck

I've only conceded 3 in 4 games so far with Barzagli in the team, 2 of which were in stoppage time when I was already winning, the other a wonder strike from Balotelli (25 yard volley in the top corner). My defence is like an impenetrable wall right now, I think not so much because of Barzagli himself, but more because he is slower than Ogbonna, so I'm having to be a lot more cautious in defence which is keeping the shape of the back 4.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

I play.

I agree. I have a similar team but I play a different formation, 3-5-2.

Valdes

Puyol----------Pepe----------Pique

Alonso----------Busquets

Navas--------Modric---------Villa

Benzema------Falcao​

The fastest players on my team are Navas and Benzema and they are the only ones who have a pace greater than 80. And I still want to invest in Pedro, Ozil and either Sanchez or Di Maria to change the 3 behind the strikers.

lunchforthesky

I'd love to see a gameplay of yours
I play PC and at the moment I'm mostly playing regular seasons (much more fun) as Athletico/PSG/Bilbao or occasionally Barcelona.

I'll play anyone on UT or Seasons though if people want a game and play PC.

EvilChuck

Well that was annoying. I was on 18 points with 3 games left in division 1... I proceeded to lose all 3 games. I knew it was going to happen as well, after the first loss I was feeling a bit frustrated but thought I'd carry on anyway, the second game I had a guy who was really good, but quite arrogant with it - scoring a goal and doing the 'sshh' towards the camera pisses me off so much, especially when I havent even said/done anything :lol:.

I should have switched off for a bit and come back for the last game, but played it while I was annoyed, came up against a team with Lloris in goal, Walker, Dede, Kompany and Clichy in defence, Milner and Toure in midfield, Bale and Lennon on the wings, and Bent and Aguero up front. Safe to say that team, coupled with my frustration, led to another defeat.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Love beating someone who has quite clearly invested actual money in coins and just bought amazing team of the weeks straight away.

Has to be followed by a customary 'you are bad' message which tends to result in a reply of 'mother fecker'.

EvilChuck

I just got an absolute bargain for my Serie A team. CM De Rossi in 4-3-1-2 formation, with 99 fitness, VH morale, and 99 contracts for 6,700 coins. He seems to be selling for 7,500+ coins, even with N morale and 7 contracts

AttackingFlair

Won division 1 with my standard serie a team. Bought in form Miccoli and Cavani and got relegated. The feck?

EvilChuck

:lol: I feel your pain, I've just been relegated myself. My team just seemed to stop playing, no-one was controlling the ball, they'd stop running on to passes, Buffon would drop simple catches and all that shit

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I played this a little when it first was invented, but stopped as getting contract cards was a real pain in the ass.

Now though it seems alot simpler, so ive started playing again.

Really enjoying it so far. Cant believe how expensive some players are though, im trying to build a Bundesliga team and for RB either Lahm or Piczscek are so expensive!

Slowly getting there though. Anybody got a spare 10k coins? :p

EvilChuck

How do people make so much from trading? Looking at the leaderboards someone has amassed almost 7 million coins in the last 7 days, I've lost 40k in that time :lol;

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How do people make so much from trading? Looking at the leaderboards someone has amassed almost 7 million coins in the last 7 days, I've lost 40k in that time :lol;
People sit there all day long just buying cards which have been put up cheap for a quick sale, then sell them on for more profit.

Clever way of trading but time consuming!

Heffo

Could have spent real money on coins or fifa points and then got lucky in packs and got in form Ronaldo or Messi this week. Or could be an auto-buyer.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
the first 100k or so is time consuming but once there start popular buying the team of the weeks.

I had 700k, from selling my team, bought about 20 IF wilsheres for around 30k, next time i log in hes worth 60-70k

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't get these people who have teams with the likes of Nani Valencia and Aguero who message me with 'you're shit because you're a pace rapist' because I'm happy with Elia, Farfan and Diouf who cost a total of 7000 coins.

If you fail with players who have both skill and pace, you're obviously just shit. The only time it's warranted is when I use Emenike and Doumbia, but I'm using them to build up coins for better players. I've got Podolski, just need Reus now.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I don't get these people who have teams with the likes of Nani Valencia and Aguero who message me with 'you're shit because you're a pace rapist' because I'm happy with Elia, Farfan and Diouf who cost a total of 7000 coins.

If you fail with players who have both skill and pace, you're obviously just shit. The only time it's warranted is when I use Emenike and Doumbia, but I'm using them to build up coins for better players. I've got Podolski, just need Reus now.
Pace is just another way of playing the game.
I used to play with traore and falcao and used to head my way to victory. Used to get all sorts of messages calling me a "cross abuser".

We cant run really fast, we cant play 1-2 passes, we cant cross the ball, we cant play possession, we cant play counter attack.

Like you said, i dont get these people either.

Chrisjn

Picked FIFA 13 up yesterday. Me and mate used to do two player on ultimate team on FIFA 12.

Is this no longer possible on the online modes?

mufcwarm92

Weirdly it was for the first few updates and it was great fun. But the last update seemed to take that privilege away, which seems odd.

Heffo

Picked FIFA 13 up yesterday. Me and mate used to do two player on ultimate team on FIFA 12.

Is this no longer possible on the online modes?
I think it was able to be exploited in some way so they took it out. From what I can tell they are looking to put it back in a future update though.

Heffo

Thx, you have a source?
Can't remember where I saw the part about it being exploitable in some way as it was a while back that I read it.

But looking at the EA Fifa Twitter feed they've been telling people recently to keep checking the twitter feed for news of the multiplayer option returning. They usually do stuff like that before they release details of offers on Ultimate team so I'm thinking that means it will hopefully be returning soon.

Chrisjn

Can't remember where I saw the part about it being exploitable in some way as it was a while back that I read it.

But looking at the EA Fifa Twitter feed they've been telling people recently to keep checking the twitter feed for news of the multiplayer option returning. They usually do stuff like that before they release details of offers on Ultimate team so I'm thinking that means it will hopefully be returning soon.
Thx again.

Chrisjn

Here's my team after a couple of games anyway.

------------Ballotelli
Giovinco-----------------Diamanti
-Motolivo-Nocherino-Marchissio
-Balzaretti-Mexes-Benatia-Lichtsteiner
------------Sorrentino

I got pull subs with 78-81 players. But that's probably my first team.

I got a couple of grand in coins.

Who to buy/where to upgrade next? Any recommended players for around a few thousand? Serie A team.

EvilChuck

Vidal in midfield, you can get him for about 3k and he's a tank of a player.

Did you get a Milan Balotelli? Or is that a City one

gaz1185

Here's my team after a couple of games anyway.

------------Ballotelli
Giovinco-----------------Diamanti
-Motolivo-Nocherino-Marchissio
-Balzaretti-Mexes-Benatia-Lichtsteiner
------------Sorrentino

I got pull subs with 78-81 players. But that's probably my first team.

I got a couple of grand in coins.

Who to buy/where to upgrade next? Any recommended players for around a few thousand? Serie A team.
Get Marchetti in net, one of the best keepers in the game IMO. Also try Campagnaro, a bit pacier and he has great defensive stats (85 in strength & marking).

Chrisjn

Vidal in midfield, you can get him for about 3k and he's a tank of a player.

Did you get a Milan Balotelli? Or is that a City one
I had a Milan Ballotello, how much is that worth? I sold it for 40k and got Cavani.

Did i feck up?

EvilChuck

Nah that sounds about right at the moment. He was going for 90k the first couple of days, its been dropping though, I'm waiting til he's around 25k (like his City card was) before I buy him.

Did you get him in a pack?

Chrisjn

Nah that sounds about right at the moment. He was going for 90k the first couple of days, its been dropping though, I'm waiting til he's around 25k (like his City card was) before I buy him.

Did you get him in a pack?
Yeh, he was worth feck all in 12 though, so didn't even think about floggin him till 10 minutes ago.

Is Pirlo worth the 8mill, just for the manual lob passing?

EvilChuck

I play assisted on UT, but Pirlo is amazing in my midfield 3. Even though he is slow, he has such good close control that it doesnt really matter. You'll never lose the ball through shit first touch, and as long as you arent trying to outpace someone in midfield he's one of the best you can get

Chrisjn

I play assisted on UT, but Pirlo is amazing in my midfield 3. Even though he is slow, he has such good close control that it doesnt really matter. You'll never lose the ball through shit first touch, and as long as you arent trying to outpace someone in midfield he's one of the best you can get
How much should I be paying for him?

EvilChuck

I got one for 13.5k as a CM in 4-3-1-2. If you get lucky you might find one for 12k, but 13-15k seems to be the price he goes for

Heffo

I had a Milan Ballotello, how much is that worth? I sold it for 40k and got Cavani.

Did i feck up?
Probably a good move as Balotelli will keep droping in price until he levels out at about 20k. I definitely prefer Balotelli to Cavani in this game though.

Also if you don't already have Guarin in your subs he's a very good player in Ultimate team imo. His long shot are unstoppable and he's very well rounded overall.

And if you're looking for a slightly more expensive player Kevin Prince Boateng is a complete beast, he costs about 20k as a CAM but about 30k as a CM. If you have the right players around him he can still get 9 chem as a CAM though.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Honestly, a back three of Kieran Richardson, David Luiz and Kyle Walker should be a complete shambles.

But no, not in Ultimate Team where they're a impenetrable trio of cnuts.

EvilChuck

Honestly, a back three of Kieran Richardson, David Luiz and Kyle Walker should be a complete shambles.

But no, not in Ultimate Team where they're a impenetrable trio of cnuts.
3-5-2 with pace at the back is seriously unbeatable. I came up against someone earlier who had Dede, Santana and Naldo in the back 3, with IF David Luiz and Ramires as the CDMs. He played on ultra defensive.... brick wall mode activated

AttackingFlair

Do you guys rotate your players or buy fitness cards? I've been rotating most the time but then I think, if I pay 100k+ coins for a player, why should I rotate him?