FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Levo

Band of Brothers
What formation did you use with your Russian team? Will most likely pick up Hulk so need one to fit him.

Anybody know what the different offers on the UT packs are? They say they change through the day but would like to know what they are in advance in possible, got some FIFA points to spend but not wasting them on the 'jumbo packs' which are currently available.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently they had packs with 24 rare gold players for 100k, was only available for an hour though.

Edit: actually only 2500 were available worldwide. Dumb.

EvilChuck

I've been building a PL team with the 4-3-2-1 formation, was looking at Kagawa for one of the 3 CM positions when I saw this

What's the deal there, why are the stats on this one all plus 10?

Leg-End

It has a training card applied, it boosts the stats for a single game then they return to normal.

EvilChuck

I seriously have no luck on this, I hit the post at least once a game, the ref will get in the way of my players and passes and the ball will ricochet on to the other guy's players, my defenders will all run into each other leaving massive gaps for them to easily run through, my keepers refuse to hold anything, I rarely get free kicks for fouls....

Its all rather frustrating

EvilChuck

Needed 2 points to win the division 1 title, 1 game remaining. I drew thanks to an absolutely shocking penalty decision, one of those where you are just in the vicinity of the attacker, he stumbles a bit but still gets a shot away that misses, then the ref pulls it back.

Meanwhile at the other end, his defender slid through the back of my striker to get the ball and not even a free kick was given

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
unbeaten in division 1 for the last three seasons, team cost no more than 12k a the time.

UnitedBoy

I drew 1-1 vs this team last night..

--------ibrah----falcao--
------------messi-------
----ronaldo--------navas(neymar)
marcelo--silva--santana---alves

Messi and ronaldo are quality.

EvilChuck

I've just lost 8-1 to a guy who played ultra defensive 5-2-1-2, with Podolski and Reus as the front 2, with Gotze just behind, and constant lobbed through balls over the top. I seriously cannot defend against that to save my life. It was impossible to break down, and then every time he got it he was outpacing my defence with ease

EvilChuck

Is it possible to set parameters to your opponents, so you can only play people who use manual controls like on regular h2h seasons? I've just started using manual controls, and while I love how different my players all feel now (you can actually tell that the attributes other than pace are relevant) I'm still getting frustrated at the ping pong passing from one end to the other followed by a perfect lobbed ball over the top for a pacey guy to run on to

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Is it possible to set parameters to your opponents, so you can only play people who use manual controls like on regular h2h seasons? I've just started using manual controls, and while I love how different my players all feel now (you can actually tell that the attributes other than pace are relevant) I'm still getting frustrated at the ping pong passing from one end to the other followed by a perfect lobbed ball over the top for a pacey guy to run on to
Yep, you can adjust the matchmaking setting's before or after you pick your team in H2H seasons. Really given this game a new lease of life for me.

Leg-End

There is no real short term strategy, you either sit and trade or you get luck in the packs.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Anyone else's players getting stuck at completing when buying/selling?

Levo

Band of Brothers
I stood tall an denied the money!

Played probably the best 2 teams I've come up against this year today. First team was La Liga which consisted of:

---------------------Casillas-----------------
Dani Alves------Ramos-------Pepe-----Marcelo
-----------------------Xavi------------------
Di Maria--------------------------------Pedro
-----------------------Fabregas--------------
---------------Benzema-------Falcao---------

Beat them 3-2, then came up against this BPL team:

-----------------Lloris---------------
Maicon---Kompany-Vermaelen----Cole
-------------------------------------
----------Nasri---Silva---Mata-------
---------Di Maria----------Hazard----
----------------Aguero---------------

Drew 0-0 thanks to Lloris pulling out an absolute worldie! Shocking how poor people are with these teams, I'd expect to be battering people if I had that talent in my team.

Baxter

To the question to how people don't win with the good teams. I think UT is odd.

I have two teams.

Marchetti

Abate
Chiellini
Ogbonna
Clichy

Alonso
Silva
Ozil

Di Maria
Nani
RVP

and my second team is:

Marchetti

Ogbonna
Gamberini
Juan Jesus

Biabiany
Pogba
Coutinho
Verdi

IF Lamela
Insigne
Jovetic

I win more games with the second team. Just seems quicker and easier to score with. UT match engine is different and I think it suits smaller quicker players.

Levo

Band of Brothers
To the question to how people don't win with the good teams. I think UT is odd.

I have two teams.

Marchetti

Abate
Chiellini
Ogbonna
Clichy

Alonso
Silva
Ozil

Di Maria
Nani
RVP

and my second team is:

Marchetti

Ogbonna
Gamberini
Juan Jesus

Biabiany
Pogba
Coutinho
Verdi

IF Lamela
Insigne
Jovetic

I win more games with the second team. Just seems quicker and easier to score with. UT match engine is different and I think it suits smaller quicker players.
Both teams I posted have plenty of pace, especially the BPL one.

Baxter

Both teams I posted have plenty of pace, especially the BPL one.
Was the game in the rain? That ruins the game on mine. I played my first team and got battered by a pretty crappy PL pace team. Either way, i played someone who had a full La Liga team, (Messi but no Ronaldo) and I hammered him as well. Probably some kid with their dad's credit card on their XBOX. :lol:

Levo

Band of Brothers
Was the game in the rain? That ruins the game on mine. I played my first team and got battered by a pretty crappy PL pace team. Either way, i played someone who had a full La Liga team, (Messi but no Ronaldo) and I hammered him as well. Probably some kid with their dad's credit card on their XBOX. :lol:
Nope, he was playing on a huge pitch as well. I got hammered when I had my really good Italian team by a team with shit chemistry and just full of the quickest players around. It was totally ridiculous.

Levo

Band of Brothers
:lol: I should be on sometime around 7 or after.

PSN: Levo956

Not sure if were already friends or not.

acnumber9

This game has once again been spoiled by the people who play I and by EA's greed. I can't remember the last time I had a game where the opposing player didn't have a far better team than mine despite being relatively shit at the game.

UnitedBoy

Handicap.. I've seen it, I've experienced It yet ea denied by EA for years.

Last year my team with ronaldo. Messi robben Rooney etc etc ( all 9 chem) was dog shit... Year before if nani Rooney if hulk.... Played like crap..

This year I had nani Rooney robben who don't compare to Rodrigo, munain and Adrian..

In previous years the solution was to remove your manager to reduce chem but this year it appears chemistry has little effect no matter what..

Less rated team < high

acnumber9

Handicap.. I've seen it, I've experienced It yet ea denied by EA for years.

Last year my team with ronaldo. Messi robben Rooney etc etc ( all 9 chem) was dog shit... Year before if nani Rooney if hulk.... Played like crap..

This year I had nani Rooney robben who don't compare to Rodrigo, munain and Adrian..

In previous years the solution was to remove your manager to reduce chem but this year it appears chemistry has little effect no matter what..

Less rated team < high
They're shit at the game because they're shit at the game. The only reason thu have these teams is because hey spend a fortune on them. I played a guy with Rooney, Ibrahimovic and Aguero up front wih Van Persie on the bench. I beat 3-2 but destroyed him. He scored with his two shots on goal simply because his strikers were so good there was nothing I could do to stop the strikes from range.

UnitedBoy

They're shit at the game because they're shit at the game. The only reason thu have these teams is because hey spend a fortune on them. I played a guy with Rooney, Ibrahimovic and Aguero up front wih Van Persie on the bench. I beat 3-2 but destroyed him. He scored with his two shots on goal simply because his strikers were so good there was nothing I could do to stop the strikes from range.
Some players might be shit, Possibly a work rate issue or perhaps trying to do too much skill with the best players. But I am not shit, i beat anyone with my korean bronze, but after years of playing this game with some of the best teams available. I can safely say that the better rated teams play far worse than any low rated team i have ever used. Everything about it appears laggy, sluggish (ronaldo outpaced by evans) whilst my korean team can quite easily play "ping pong passing" just like 09.

acnumber9

Some players might be shit, Possibly a work rate issue or perhaps trying to do too much skill with the best players. But I am not shit, i beat anyone with my korean bronze, but after years of playing this game with some of the best teams available. I can safely say that the better rated teams play far worse than any low rated team i have ever used. Everything about it appears laggy, sluggish (ronaldo outpaced by evans) whilst my korean team can quite easily play "ping pong passing" just like 09.
Most are just shit.

EvilChuck

Karma is a bitch. I just played some guy who used a Brazilian team, 5-2-1-2, ultra defensive, with Welliton, Carlos Eduardo and Pato as the front three.... unsurprisingly he was lobbing the ball over the top every chance he got. He scored from one where my defender just didnt sort his feet out and he nabbed it from me before crossing it to my defender, who decided to try and chest the ball... he got in front of me and tapped it in.

Then he proceeded to just pass it around at the back, moving forward just to move backwards again passing back to the keeper and all that shit. When I did get the ball he had 5 defenders playing the width of the 18 yard box, it was fecking hard to get a chance.

Then he tried to be too clever, a few loose passes and he miscontrolled one, passed it back to his keeper and tried to take too many touches before clearing it, I chased him down and instead of it clearing he booted it into Hernandez and the ball bounced into the goal :lol:

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/147668230