FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Sw33t

I've got 600k sat in my bank. Anyone know how much I could sell that for? Ta

Hal9000

Quick question, with the 24 ultimate team pre order bonus, if you miss one week does that mean you lose out on a gold back. Or do you just get 24 a week, no matter when you redeem them?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Quick question, with the 24 ultimate team pre order bonus, if you miss one week does that mean you lose out on a gold back. Or do you just get 24 a week, no matter when you redeem them?
You miss out on it. A bit stupid considering you did pay for the extra packs.

Hal9000

Bit shit, will just give it a miss next year. Especially as they don't make it that clear that's the case.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I haven't been able to get on it recently due to a lot of work piled up.. but apparently, there was some kind of hack in the past few days for PS3 and Xbox :lol:

acnumber9

They've shut down the auctions. It's funny how EA are so quick to act on these kind of things but quite slow to act on faults in the game.

acnumber9

Does anyone know if they've taken out the option to add a guest on an online ultimate team game? Trying to play at a friends but doesn't seem to be available anymore unless they changed how you add somebody.

EvilChuck

I started this monday, I have a 100 chemistry Russian league team already. I didnt intend to do that, but I was playing and bought Doumbia who was godly, so built a team around him. It just so happens that there are a lot of quality players in the Russian league.

My team (and how much I paid for them). 4-2-3-1 formation

GK Akinfeev (3,000)

RB Anyukov (600)
CB Bruno Alves (700)
CB Bochetti (300)
LB Ansaldi (1,200)

CDM Diarra (350)
CDM Witsel (2,900)

CAM Honda (850)
CAM Eminike (3,100)
CF Doumbia (1,600)

ST Welliton (3,200)

Total cost 17,800. 5 stars, 81 overall, 100 chemistry. I'm going to try and annihilate division 1 now

Leg-End

UT is all about pace and thats why its not great for playing online, I can count on one hand the times I've actually had decent games in Division 1.

binary bot
The most frustrating thing is that if they kept the same gameplay as H2H then the game would be very enjoyable. The current gameplay is just shocking in UT, from the comical ease with which you can score to the importance of pace in the game. It's just basically an arcade version of H2H.

Kaboul is the best fecking defender in the game, up there beside the evergreen Luiz who retains his invincible position from last years edition, more jokes include Kyle Walker, Santana and Clichy. I think the reluctance to change the gameplay is due to the fact that the current gameplay allows them to release a great variety of informs which is obviously a big moneymaker.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
UT is all about pace and thats why its not great for playing online, I can count on one hand the times I've actually had decent games in Division 1.
I still think you can win even if your team is much slower than the other team, at least in my experience. It depends on how strong your team is and what formation you play to counter their attack every time.

RDCR07

Absolutely useless those pre-order packs! I have not got anyone better than Jovetic and he is rated 81. Thats it!

DFreshKing

The most frustrating thing is that if they kept the same gameplay as H2H then the game would be very enjoyable. The current gameplay is just shocking in UT, from the comical ease with which you can score to the importance of pace in the game. It's just basically an arcade version of H2H.

Kaboul is the best fecking defender in the game, up there beside the evergreen Luiz who retains his invincible position from last years edition, more jokes include Kyle Walker, Santana and Clichy. I think the reluctance to change the gameplay is due to the fact that the current gameplay allows them to release a great variety of informs which is obviously a big moneymaker.

Nope, it's the opposite, players don't matter in UT it is all about team chemistry, hold the ball for a while, get everyone having a few passes and watch what happens.

It is different to H2H, because of the morale and chemistry.

Leg-End

What you're a pace whore then?
Not particularly, just a decent Serie A team. Admitedly until I adjusted to the playing style of UT and could bolster my defence I was involved in some ridiculous scorelines.

I like my buildup play attack of IF Totti, Sneijder, Milito & Cavani.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I think you may be shit.
Nah, he's right. UT is all about pace, it's an arcade version of Fifa. It can be fun but it can drive you up the wall when you go on a bad run losing to the same L1 + triangle tactic everytime.

Anyway, today's special offer is mega packs. 30 items, 18 rare for 35,000 coins. I had 97,000 and bought two.

I'm a fecking fool. Best I got was Podolski and Khedira.

DFreshKing

Not particularly, just a decent Serie A team. Admitedly until I adjusted to the playing style of UT and could bolster my defence I was involved in some ridiculous scorelines.

I like my buildup play attack of IF Totti, Sneijder, Milito & Cavani.
Not much pace there.

You either get beat a lot or pace is not the be all after all.

Leg-End

Yeah I just wasted some coin on them, didn't get anything decent.

I think I'm about done with UT for this year now anyway, I'm at that point where I have 4-5 decent squads, won't ever afford a Ronaldo or a Messi and won Divison 1 multiple times. Think I will switch to H2H for my kicks.

Pace is still the most important thing to have, Ogobonna/Chiellini basically keeps me from being rushed at constantly allowing me to counter attack, most of my goals come from set pieces or counter attacks.

DFreshKing

Nah, he's right. UT is all about pace, it's an arcade version of Fifa. It can be fun but it can drive you up the wall when you go on a bad run losing to the same L1 + triangle tactic everytime.

Anyway, today's special offer is mega packs. 30 items, 18 rare for 35,000 coins. I had 97,000 and bought two.

Did you see his lineup?

He also says his record his good so how do you work that out?

BTW pace and football is a pretty good combination in any case so I have to admit I baffled from the outset but it is no worse in UT. The biggest factor is form, morale and chemistry.

Big tip, if you lose buy team morale or play offline to build up.

Now say that is pretty ridiculous and I would agree, that is UT for you.

acnumber9

My mate bought one of them and got Ronaldo and Bale.

binary bot
Nope, it's the opposite, players don't matter in UT it is all about team chemistry, hold the ball for a while, get everyone having a few passes and watch what happens.

It is different to H2H, because of the morale and chemistry.
Players don't matter because pace does, it's a joke that the likes of a 74 rated silver player are infinitely more effective than the likes of Berbatov/IF Michu. Both the players used in the game and the prices reflect this. Not only is it annoying that pace is effective but it's become the main element of the game. Every single game you'll face the same players which eventually becomes very boring.

You don't have to be losing/shit to dislike the game either, the ease at which you score in UT means the game is usually over by the 20th minute as you're up about 4-0, there's very little close games.

RDCR07

Switch up formations. Play a higher defensive line. Play possession football and dont give up the ball easily. You literally have to play like Barca against the really pacey teams and open them up by playing out from the back.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
started playing this game again recently. Built up a new team after ebaying my last one with, rooney robben, etc etc.

Could do with a bit of work, im thinking if moutinho and kelvin on the right

Levo

Band of Brothers
Got back into this after getting bored and splurging all my coins on packs. What leagues/countries do people recommend I build a team around? So far had BPL, Italian & Spanish, anyone tried a Russian league team?

EvilChuck

I have a Russian team, its beastly and was dirt cheap to assemble. I have started a Bundesliga team but the players I want are all expensive, so I'm having to use my Russian team to build a bankroll (I am shit on trading, no one buys any of my cast offs)

EvilChuck

Just played someone who had a front 3 of Lavezzi, Eto'o and Walcott. He went 1-0 up just before half time. The second half I dominated and the game finished 4-1, he sent me a message saying 'how lucky can you get', I replied 'I know, what are the chances I'd get paired up with someone as bad as you'

:cool: