FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People who don't skip the intros and post match stuff, who watch every replay and run the length of the pitch for every celebration and most of all, people who do that fecking Neymar dance celebration.

FIFA must have the biggest community of cnuts of any online game, especially Ultimate Team.

Claymore

Only just picked up a copy of FIFA13 and god its awful. Well I say awful, I mean the same, not much has changed, just player updates etc. First game I played was online and although I've not played 12 for months I did well, should have won, lost 2-1 to Barca after scoring first. UK player with Barcelona, yep FIFA 12 alright.

Not a patch on Pro Evo13, really recommended it if people haven't played any more than the demo. Menus are crapper though but that's just trivial. Gameplay is ace.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So I got Xavi in a pack, but sold him because I didn't need him for my premier league team. I have almost 90k now in the bank, and am not sure who to get.
Team is:
Vorm
Walker vermaelan koscielny evra
Wilshere tiote
Cazorla podolski kagawa
Van Persie

I'm thinking between kompany, mata, David silva, Yaya toure, or maybe saving up for aguero or hazard. Not a fan of podolski in the game, kagawa isn't that great on ultimate team either. I'm thinking about getting silva and mata in to have the Spanish trio behind van Persie, but I haven't used silva or mata before on this. Any suggestions?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Felliani to replace Wilshere. He scored loads of goals for me through headers. Kaboul, Walcott for some pace? Better keeper? Ramires maybe?

bosnian_red

Felliani to replace Wilshere. He scored loads of goals for me through headers. Kaboul, Walcott for some pace? Better keeper? Ramires maybe?
Yeah I was wondering about keepers, I rotate between De Gea and Vorm but the better ones are all worth over 30k, which is too much for a keeper right now imo. Completely forgot about Kaboul, will probably get him in. Ramires is a good shout as well.

JmRssll555

I've got Ramires in the centre of my midfield next to Tiote and they are excellent. Dominate nearly every midfield I've came up against.

Good going forwards and backwards too; Ramires is better defensively I think, even though Tiote is the one who's supposed to be a CDM.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I've been trying this TOTW tourney, using 11 different players from 11 different leagues.

Cause of my lack of coinage I've got a decent attack but a shite defence, if you win the tourney you get into a draw to win the whole TOTW side plus 10k of coins.

Haven't got past the quarters yet :(

Leg-End

They shut down Ultimate Team completely whilst they try and fix it :lol:

Levo

Band of Brothers
What's wrong with it? Apart from the pace abuse..!

Did wonder why I couldn't get on earlier, thought it was just me.

Leg-End

The auction house/tradepile was completely fubar'd and has been on and off since release. Looks like they have taken the decision to take it down for possibly days in order to fix it, ready for that Xmas rush no doubt.

JmRssll555

No mention as to how long it will be down for, just that it's down for maintenance. Bit of a joke in truth.

The game has been plagued with problems from launch, it's really not good enough for such a popular series.

Levo

Band of Brothers
TOTW has been announced.

GK: Steve Mandanda, Olympique de Marseille - 84>85
CB: Dante, Bayern München - 81>82
CB: Vincent Kompany, Manchester City - 85>86

RB: Jesús Gámez, Málaga CF - 77>78
LM: Andrea Poli, Sampdoria - 77>78
CAM: Toni Kroos, Bayern München - 84>86
CM: Christian Eriksen, Ajax - 80>81

RM: Elano, Grêmio - 77>79
ST: Zlatan Ibrahimović, Paris Saint-Germain - 88>89
LW: Iniesta, FC Barcelona - 90>91
ST: Robert Lewandowski, Borussia Dortmund - 83>84

SUBS

GK: David Forde, Millwall - 66>70
CB: Amaya, Real Betis Balompié - 70>72
LM: Vitolo, UD Las Palmas - 70>73
CAM: Ivelin Popov, Kuban Krasnodar - 74>74
LW: Kevin Ellison, Morecambe - 58>64
ST: João Tomás, Rio Ave - 75>77
CF: Jordi Gómez, Wigan Athletic - 72>74

RESERVES

GK: Felipe Melo, Galatasaray SK - 81>64

The one's in bold will fetch a tidy sum.
Just posted this in the newbs.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Yep, apparently he saved a penalty in his last game after being forced to go in net.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Started playing this lately as I had accumulated a nice sum of coins by not playing.

Wanted to go for a full ex-United team but there wasn't enough players. Players like O'Shea, Richardon weren't on it so I had to combine it with current United players as well.

Foster

Rafael
Pique
Brown
Fabio

Valencia
Beckham
Scholes
Tosic

Berbatov
Saha

Bench: Forlan, Rossi, Evans, Anderson, Smalling, Welbeck

Can anyone think of any other ex-United players that are on UT that I've missed? Can't afford players like Ronaldo & Tevez yet.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Are O'Shea & Richardson not silvers? Erm off the top of my head they is Simpson & Gibson.

Sw33t

Yeah, Richardson is a LB, a quite good one on the game too. Gibbo and O'Shea are definitely there. Gibbo /might/ be a silver, though.

gaz1185

Can anyone think of any other ex-United players that are on UT that I've missed? Can't afford players like Ronaldo & Tevez yet.
Tim Howard - 81 - GK - Everton
Phil Neville - 74 - RB - Everton
Darren Gibson - 75 - CM - Everton
Kieran Richardson - 75 - LB - Fulham
John O'Shea - 77 - CB - Sunderland
Luke Chadwick - 66 - RM - MK Dons
Ji Sung Park - 79 - CAM - QPR
Paul Pogba - 72 - CDM - Juventus
Tomasz Kuszczak - 73 - GK - Brighton
Phil Bardsley - 73 - RB - Sunderland
Frazier Campbell - 73 - ST - Sunderland
Manucho - 64 - ST - Real Valladolid
Ritchie De Laet - 67 - RB - Leicester
Chris Eagles - 72 - RM - Bolton
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake - 71 - ST - Wolves
Jonathan Spector - RB - 71 - Birmingham
Ryan Shawcross - 77 - CB - Stoke
Paul McShane - 67 - CB - Hull
Magnus Wolff Eikrem - 76 - CM - Molde
David Bellion - 68 - ST - Bordeaux
David Jones - 68 - CM - Wigan
Roy Carroll - 73 - GK - Olympiacos
& the legend: Liam Miller - 65 - CM - Perth Glory

Just to name a few... :lol: Not really any stand out ones though - besides Howard maybe!

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I've started playing this lately... so I'm in!

Has anyone ever used IF Berbatov before? Is he worth the big price considering he's only gone from 82 > 83?

bosnian_red

I've started playing this lately... so I'm in!

Has anyone ever used IF Berbatov before? Is he worth the big price considering he's only gone from 82 > 83?
I find Hernandez to be much better in the game at that rating, and he's not too expensive. If you're looking for only ex united players then I don't think there's anyone better to get as a striker (apart from tevez). He's usually been pretty good but he's slow, and speed is probably the most important part about ultimate team.

A ally come to think of it you could try to get Rossi in, not sure if you're just premier league or other leagues as well.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
:nono:

Shall we say correct score prediction for the United game gets the coins?
Sounds good... I'll wait for the lineup first.

I find Hernandez to be much better in the game at that rating, and he's not too expensive. If you're looking for only ex united players then I don't think there's anyone better to get as a striker (apart from tevez). He's usually been pretty good but he's slow, and speed is probably the most important part about ultimate team.

A ally come to think of it you could try to get Rossi in, not sure if you're just premier league or other leagues as well.
Speed isn't an issue for me. I've just won division 1 with my makeshift ex-United team and it wasn't all that hard. I have Rossi, however he's a CF and he doesn't fit in a 4-4-2. I like Berbatov so his IF tempts me. And I'm not just Premier League, other leagues too, however PL is better for chemistry.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Sounds good... I'll wait for the lineup first.

Speed isn't an issue for me. I've just won division 1 with my makeshift ex-United team and it wasn't all that hard. I have Rossi, however he's a CF and he doesn't fit in a 4-4-2. I like Berbatov so his IF tempts me, And I'm not just Premier League, other leagues too, however PL is better for chemistry.
Change him to an ST.