FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Liam147

On Probation
Just sold my entire PL team and switched to an all La Liga team. Their players are better and cheaper.

So far this is what I have. I hope to add Benzema, Valdes, Mata and Pique at some point. I have only have 18K for now. I need to play more and get more coins.

http://www.ea.com/intl/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#dtsrQpdTrWu:360

Got 7/11. Play 4-3-1-2 though.

And Busquets goes in and out. If you're building a bit of a squad, I highly recommend Costa at Valencia. Although I'm not sure he'd fit into your system.

My best team would be:
Alvez
Joao Pereira
Puyol
Rami (looking to Pepe/Pique)
Alba

Costa
Modric
Alonso

Turan
Higuain
Falcao

Also got Coentrao, Albiol, Juanfran, Busquets, Song (who I think offers more offensively than Biccy), Adrian (Really clinical, and kept Soldado out for a while. Offers a pacey option), and Soldado waiting in the wings.

Good squad all in all, although I'll be looking to add Pique/Pepe (possibly even Mascherano), and eventually Ozil. Not sure my team could improve on that.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Modric is a cheaper version of Ozil. I would go for Modric. Look at their stats on their card. They are so similar and Modric costs like 10-15K less than Ozil.

And yes Costa wont fit into my team because I play two CDM's.

Sw33t

Sold all my Serie A team, was getting bored of it.

Now going for the good ol' Germans!

4-1-2-1-2 again.

Adler
Beck - Howedes - Boateng - Schmelzer
Bender
Sam... - ...Schurrle
Ozil
Esswein - Reus​

Bit of a cheap pacey team. Going to play with it for a bit and decide if I like it, if so, going to upgrade a bit with the likes of Neur, Lahm, Hummels, IF Muller etc.

I love Reus though, class.

RDCR07

Is Turan better than Kaka in this game? They have the same rating and I'd rather sell Kaka for like 5k and get Turan for like 600 coins.

Liam147

On Probation
Turan is very good. He suits better players better too, because his dribbling is so good. Cropped up with so many goals for me from CF. He also has slightly more pace than Kaka I think too. If you're looking for VFM, it's an absolute No contest.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Saved up and brought Chiellini to partner Barzagli, looked to get IF Samuel but not for his price!

Will take the team on it's maiden online voyage later.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Had just about got out of Division 4 when I was disconnected earlier, no doubt that'll be a loss for me.

People who use Sturridge & Mirallas need shooting, twice I've played against them and it's the same ball over the top and try to cut it back for the other one. Nice of FIFA to make Sturridge unplayable again.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I'm doing pretty well at the moment. In league 2 and am on 4 points from 2 games. Just opened a gold pack and got Fellaini and Defoe who I'm selling. Hopefully will have about 10k coins by the time they sell along with what I have. Any recommendations in terms of French or PSG players?

RDCR07

Finally got Benzema to replace Higuain but I had to sell Mascherano and Pique to raise the money to buy him. Now I am down to 7k in coins. I need to get Pique and Alves to complete my team.

RDCR07

It was a weird deal. I had Mascherano, Puyol and Pepe in defense. Then I got Pique to replace Mascherano. I realized I was in need of a better striker than Higuain. So I sold Mascherano and Pique for a combined 40K and got a cheaper defender in Rami. Then I got Benzema. Now I am working towards getting Pique again to replace Rami.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Getting sick of people that pace abuse on this. Lets pass to one striker then loft it over the top every single fecking time.

Here's one of the teams I played earlier:

GK - Alves
LB - Alaba
CB - Santana
CB - Luiz
RB - Walker
CM - Gotze
CM - Kuba
CM - Lennon
RW - Walcott
ST - Remy
LW - Lavezzi.

Utterly ridiculous.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ultimate Team is all about pace, it's arcade FIFA. Building a team, trading and opening packs is fun but actually playing with the team you create can be a chore because nearly every game is the same.

If Ultimate Team was played at the same pace as head to head mode then it would be brilliant.

Pronewbie

Peep
Ultimate Team is all about pace, it's arcade FIFA. Building a team, trading and opening packs is fun but actually playing with the team you create can be a chore because nearly every game is the same.

If Ultimate Team was played at the same pace as head to head mode then it would be brilliant.
This.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just played a guy had an epic game and finished 4-4 with me conceding a 90th minute equaliser :(

Get to the after screens and it cuts back out to the main menu, go back in and it's given me a disconnect.

The game was fecking finished and I didn't do shit you bunch of cnuting Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

EA need to stop hoarding the cash and buy some new servers or outsource them at least.

Zen86

Getting sick of people that pace abuse on this. Lets pass to one striker then loft it over the top every single fecking time.

Here's one of the teams I played earlier:

GK - Alves
LB - Alaba
CB - Santana
CB - Luiz
RB - Walker
CM - Gotze
CM - Kuba
CM - Lennon
RW - Walcott
ST - Remy
LW - Lavezzi.

Utterly ridiculous.
I think I'm going to scrap playing UT, it's unbelievably biased towards shit players with one style of play, more so than previous games.

Levo

Band of Brothers
I think I'm going to scrap playing UT, it's unbelievably biased towards shit players with one style of play, more so than previous games.
It's horrible at times, find myself struggling against teams with significantly weakened teams just because they are full of 90+ pace players.

Just got promoted to Division 1 so I reckon it will just get worse.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm doing pretty well at the moment. In league 2 and am on 4 points from 2 games. Just opened a gold pack and got Fellaini and Defoe who I'm selling. Hopefully will have about 10k coins by the time they sell along with what I have. Any recommendations in terms of French or PSG players?
Menez is a bargain buy anyways. When I first started out, I got Remy in a pack, then I bought Menez and Nene to complement each other upfront (playing a 3-4-2-1 at the time). Worked wonders.

I had some Marseille winger down the left, and biabiany down the right. rest of the team were wank, but it was a handy team to build up coins with.

RDCR07

Just bought the prancing horse celebration. That celebration is freaking hilarious.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Through me advancing through the divisions on UT I had managed to save up 35k coins, saving for Di Natale and Buffon. Got bored and blew it on packs, got a mixture of crap and ok cards the best being a 4-1-2-1-2 formation card and Welliton.

Logged back in just now to see my formation card had sold so thought I'd try again with buying a pack.

Well I hit the jackpot and pulled out and IF Lucas worth a sweet 200k! Best card I've ever had by far.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Has anybody used Pirlo on UT? Tempted to get him but not got a real need for him as got De Rossi & Vidal partnered in my 1st team and don't want to buy him just for the reserves.

Currently got 60k odd coins after selling Lucas and buying Di Natale & Buffon. Can't really improve my team apart from the rating with Pirlo, tempted to blow it on packs and hope for something good.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Depends how you play I suppose. I have a Serie A team aswell, and use Vidal and Nocerino as they are tough tackling and win alot of headers for me, creating a nice wall infront of my defence and have good pace incase I get countered by a speedy team which I meet alot in Div3. I use Giovinco and Palacio as my wingers then, dont really play through the middle much. tend to spread the play left to right, stretching the oppositino and draw them into a tackle. De Rossi comes on for me 2nd half to repalce Vidal.

Pirlo's stats dont impress me overall, and I wouldnt utilise his passing much playing 3-4-1-2.

RDCR07

How is Victor Valdes in this game? I have Diego Alves. His diving is good and he can stop shots from outside the box with ease but inside the box, he is far from reliable. How is Valdes in that aspect?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Won all 5 online division titles at the first time of asking, not bad!

Sw33t

I decided to be a cnut and sell my German team which consisted of:
Neuer
Lahm - Hummels - IF Howedes - Scmelzer
Bastian Schwiwninistiegerer
IF Muller - Schurrle
Ozil
Gomez - Reus​

And get a Russian league team, which is:

Akinfeev
Anyukov - Bruno Alves - Bocchetti - Criscito
Axel Witsel
McGeady - Tosic
Honda
Eto'o - Welliton​

With subs of: Emenike, Doumbia, Danny, Dzsudzsak, Denisov, Samba, Dikan

It's insane how overpowered some of these players are. Welliton, Emenike and Doumbia especially... seem to be miles better than someone like Gomez, who's 5-6 ratings higher.

And I've now got 446,917 sat in the bank, which I don't know what to do with.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I decided to be a cnut and sell my German team which consisted of:
Neuer
Lahm - Hummels - IF Howedes - Scmelzer
Bastian Schwiwninistiegerer
IF Muller - Schurrle
Ozil
Gomez - Reus​

And get a Russian league team, which is:

Akinfeev
Anyukov - Bruno Alves - Bocchetti - Criscito
Axel Witsel
McGeady - Tosic
Honda
Eto'o - Welliton​

With subs of: Emenike, Doumbia, Danny, Dzsudzsak, Denisov, Samba, Dikan

It's insane how overpowered some of these players are. Welliton, Emenike and Doumbia especially... seem to be miles better than someone like Gomez, who's 5-6 ratings higher.

And I've now got 446,917 sat in the bank, which I don't know what to do with.
Build a Brazil team, won't go wrong :D

Levo

Band of Brothers
Definitely getting better packs this year. Opened a couple just now.

Got a bit of dross and then in consecutive packs I got Hummels, Reus, Wilshere, 4-1-2-1-2 form card and 4-3-3 form card.

:)

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Just sold my Inform Premier league team for 345$. Done with FUT, head to head is way better than Ultimate team after playing it from 2 days ago - much more fun and you are rewarded for build up play.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Just sold my Inform Premier league team for 345$. Done with FUT, head to head is way better than Ultimate team after playing it from 2 days ago - much more fun and you are rewarded for build up play.
Agree. Very tempted to sell my UT on ebay, but I'd probably get nothing for it! I doubt I even have 100k coins.

nooshka

I'll buy your coins/teams off ya. for a good caf price obviously!!!

Zen86

Not played this for a couple weeks, decided to buy a couple packs and got Rooney.. not bad

mufcwarm92

Any recommendations for decent bargains in the BPL?

My team currently looks like this (4-2-2-2):

Krul 79

Simpson 76
Smalling 78
Jones 78
Gibbs 76

Fellaini 81
Scholes 81

Dembele 80
Sessegnon 81

Cisse 82
Ba 82

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Krul 79

Simpson 76
Smalling 78
Jones 78
Gibbs 76

Fellaini 81
Scholes 81

Dembele 80
Sessegnon 81

Cisse 82
Ba 82
M'bia is quick and a beast in the air. You can get him for between 650 and 2000 easy.

gaz1185

Arouna Kone is nice and cheap. Excellent pace, but combined with his strength and aerial ability - he's an all round threat.

mufcwarm92

Cheers lads, I'll take a look at them. Just picked up Baines and Walker for just over 5k to replace the full backs.

RDCR07

Krul 79

Simpson 76
Smalling 78
Jones 78
Gibbs 76

Fellaini 81
Scholes 81

Dembele 80
Sessegnon 81

Cisse 82
Ba 82
PL players are so much more expensive than the other leagues. Spanish and German players in my opinion are way cheaper. I had a PL team and it was so overrated and expensive. So I switched to an all La Liga team and I love this team so much better. The only thing PL players have over the other leagues is pace everywhere. I was under the impression that pace will win you a lot of games. But that isn't the case at all. Quality of players matters more.

mufcwarm92

I've never really enjoyed UT before but this year it feels so much more accessible and I'm loving it. I'm loving this Prem team at the moment, especially the front two. Ba has 27 goals from 18 games. I'm currently in Division 1 with 10 points from 4 games, but my form is a surprise as I only just clinched promotion from Division 2.

I find every game ridiculously open, which is unrealistic but brilliant. Yesterday I had two consecutive 6-6 draws. Had probably my best comeback ever on FIFA just now - went four goals down in 20 minutes after some silly errors and was only trying to salvage some pride at first. I went all out and managed to get level by half time with 4 from Ba. The second half was end to end, we both hit the woodwork and had some superb saves, but an 80th minute Scholesy pile driver clinched it for me. Had to stop myself jumping up to celebrate!