FIFA13: Ultimate Team

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
A real fantastic team that isn't too pricey to buy.

GK Vorm
LB Santon
CB Kaboul
CB Shawcross
RB Rafael
LM Bale/Pienaar
CAM Michu
CM Gerrard/Cabaye
CAM Fellaini
RM Pablo Hernandez
ST Benteke/Berbatov

Bale (60k?) and Benteke (23k) (PS3) only pricey ones really, can swamp them for cheaper, Adebayor & Cisse are superb and cheap strikers. Pienaar is an LM I like to use. It is such an enjoyable team to use, built with my friend basically on some form/favourable players IRL, with total disregard to UT stats. I rarely enjoy gold teams, but this was great.

Using Michu & Ruiz at CAM with Berbs as ST is the epitamy of class.

P.S benteke is unbelievable

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I got IF De Gea earlier on the web app after curiousity got the better of me before the football, still can't be bothered to play UT though.
:lol: typical, my cousin the other day got neymar and loic remy in 1 gold pack, how fair is that?.

If you cant be bothered and want to get rid of de gea, a friendly trade to me would be appreciated :drool:

Heffo

Just ran a little mini scam on a scammer. I don't know if anyone else gets messages from people claiming the ability to multiply your cards, but it's happened to me twice in the last two days having never received one before. Yesterday I just messed your man around a bit through messages but today I decided to try something else.

I told him I wanted Rooney doubled and he told me to put him up for 200k buy now price and he would then offer me for a couple of bronzes, then he would send me back 2 Rooneys minutes later. I played dumb and told him I didn't understand and asked him to put a gold player worth a couple of grand up for 100k himself and I would trade him Rooney for that (I considered asking him to put up a more valuable card but decided to go small in the end just in case). He put up Gibbs at a 10k buy now price and told me to offer Rooney for him.

I'm not sure how many of you play on PS3, but there's some sort of problem on the console where you can't see what players you have been offered in a trade. So I bought a bronze Luke Rooney for 150 coins and offered him that for Gibbs. He accepted it and I am now in possession of his Gibbs. I then sent him a quick message addressing his scamming ways and removed him as a friend.

Probably won't deter him but it was good for a few laughs nonetheless.

Chrisjn

Just ran a little mini scam on a scammer. I don't know if anyone else gets messages from people claiming the ability to multiply your cards, but it's happened to me twice in the last two days having never received one before. Yesterday I just messed your man around a bit through messages but today I decided to try something else.

I told him I wanted Rooney doubled and he told me to put him up for 200k buy now price and he would then offer me for a couple of bronzes, then he would send me back 2 Rooneys minutes later. I played dumb and told him I didn't understand and asked him to put a gold player worth a couple of grand up for 100k himself and I would trade him Rooney for that (I considered asking him to put up a more valuable card but decided to go small in the end just in case). He put up Gibbs at a 10k buy now price and told me to offer Rooney for him.

I'm not sure how many of you play on PS3, but there's some sort of problem on the console where you can't see what players you have been offered in a trade. So I bought a bronze Luke Rooney for 150 coins and offered him that for Gibbs. He accepted it and I am now in possession of his Gibbs. I then sent him a quick message addressing his scamming ways and removed him as a friend.

Probably won't deter him but it was good for a few laughs nonetheless.
Well done, son!

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Don't know if this has happened to anyone else...but basically just had a few games against the same guy sandwiched in between games with others but against the guy in question I my button pressing wouldn't register for an extra second or two?

I don't want to pull out the cheating card, but I can't even imagine why it would only happen against this guy. The button delay doesn't even happen in pro clubs anymore so I found it very strange.

For him to outpace me with Paul Scholes is enough evidence for me anyway.

EvilChuck

The pace thing is easy enough to explain, he probably used an attribute card. As for the button thing, it was most likely a laggy connection on his end, but only minor lag and just enough to affect your controls.

EvilChuck

I havent played for a while, last time I did I had built a La Liga team in a 4-3-3 formation but the first few times I used them I couldnt get to grips with them. So I put them all up for sale, and set to work on building a Brazilian team. I'm trying 3-4-1-2 as the formation, this is the first time I've ventured into 3 at the back formations but I wanted something that was a bit more attacking than 3-5-2 (which always seems to be 5 at the back)

-----------Neuer
---Dede - Santana - Silva
Hulk - Ramires - Sandro - Robinho
-----------Lucas
--Vagner Love - Pato

It cost around 400k, most of that was on Thiago Silva and Manuel Neuer. It plays amazingly, I just need to get cover now (especially for Robinho and Hulk).

binary bot
My monthly resurgence of UT has led me to a new team which I'm enjoying;

Kagawa - Welbeck - Zaha
Anderson - Cleverley - Powell
Fabio - Jones - Smalling - Rafael
DDG

Kagawa is the only one without 9 chemistry, he's on 5. Both Zaha and Powell are quite good for silvers but will set you back quite a bit. Smalling is extremely good in this.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You'd think RVP would get an upgrade if Falcao got one.
Van Persie hasn't even gotten a totw card this season despite scoring over 20 goals. Shame too, because if he did he's probably the one player I'd save up the coins to buy.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
My monthly resurgence of UT has led me to a new team which I'm enjoying;

Kagawa - Welbeck - Zaha
Anderson - Cleverley - Powell
Fabio - Jones - Smalling - Rafael
DDG

Kagawa is the only one without 9 chemistry, he's on 5. Both Zaha and Powell are quite good for silvers but will set you back quite a bit. Smalling is extremely good in this.
save up for if cleverly, bloody fantastic

AttackingFlair

Thought I'd try out a Brazilian team. Got IF Julio Cesar for 102k, Neymar for 110, Thiago Silva for 130 and Marcelo for 40.. can't afford a top right back though.

Duafc

Village Lemon
building a second gold squad. Mostly French but happy to have a few others (argies atm) if they fit well.

looking for average/good players but not big names as all my dosh is in my first squad. Only got about 40k to play with and whatever I can earn.

aside from raiding Newcastle any quality frenchies out there?

gaz1185

Adil Rami is a beast, I overlooked him plenty of times before because of his lack of pace, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for in strength, marking and he has good reactions, so he can barge through attackers pretty well. I prefer to play with a back 3 though, so I surround him with two slightly pacier CB's in case of overlapping runners. For a French side I'd pick two from Kaboul, Yanga-M'Biwa and Sakho to play either side of him.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Adil Rami is a beast, I overlooked him plenty of times before because of his lack of pace, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for in strength, marking and he has good reactions, so he can barge through attackers pretty well. I prefer to play with a back 3 though, so I surround him with two slightly pacier CB's in case of overlapping runners. For a French side I'd pick two from Kaboul, Yanga-M'Biwa and Sakho to play either side of him.
Aye, got Kaboul - he's grand! Shall look into Rami, though I tend to prefer pace to combat all the L1 triangle mugs.

gaz1185

Aye, got Kaboul - he's grand! Shall look into Rami, though I tend to prefer pace to combat all the L1 triangle mugs.
I used to myself, but if you play deep enough and have two pacey defenders alongside him for reassurance you won't notice the difference. Having a deep defensive line stops the L1 + Triangle lot getting the ball over the back three, it tends to be mopped up in the air by my back three.

EvilChuck

What is the best way to defend against skills? I can defend against pace easily, rarely concede against crosses, but as soon as someone does a Ronaldo chop or a scoop turn my defenders are taken out of the game because they cant change direction as quick. It pisses me off so much

binary bot
save up for if cleverly, bloody fantastic
Stuck between Cleverley and saving up for IF Kagawa who is a perfect release chemistry wise - probably going to be expensive although the position might drive his price down.

EvilChuck

In my experience the non in form Kagawa is one of the best players I have used in the CAM/CF role, I can only imagine the IF version would be godly

Adam-Utd

Has anybody got any tips in making a good amount of coins?.

I play games and win division 1 fairly regular, but i never seem to get any decent cards worth anything out of packs. Do you have to spend hours trading? is there anybody in particular i should do it with?.

mufcwarm92

Annoying that IF Kagawa is LM, as I play a 4-2-2-2 which restricts the type of wide player you can have to CAMs. Kagawa, Mata, Sessegnon, Dembele is a decent selection but it rules out the likes of Nani, Bale, Valencia etc.

Adam-Utd

Annoying that IF Kagawa is LM, as I play a 4-2-2-2 which restricts the type of wide player you can have to CAMs. Kagawa, Mata, Sessegnon, Dembele is a decent selection but it rules out the likes of Nani, Bale, Valencia etc.
You can use a position card though to change that? Obviously not on the in forms but thats no real hardship.

EvilChuck

Has anybody got any tips in making a good amount of coins?.

I play games and win division 1 fairly regular, but i never seem to get any decent cards worth anything out of packs. Do you have to spend hours trading? is there anybody in particular i should do it with?.
I trade in kits and stadiums mostly, as they tend to be cheap to buy and you can turn them over for a good profit pretty quickly. Pick a top team (like United for example) and do an auction search for their kits, max price 150. Put a bid in for all of the home kits that have up to 1 hour left on auction, and then just leave them to run down or else you'll end up in a bidding war and will reduce your profits later on. You wont win every auction, but you'll win a decent amount of them. Once you have won them, re-list them at a higher price, with a BIN price just higher than what you list them for (I go 350/500). They'll all shift eventually, and you're looking at 2-3x the amount of money you started with, which if you re-invest in more kits you can make even more. I traded up from about 10k to 100k doing that, I currently have about 700k in total assets (kits and players). At one stage I had 4 full pages of kits on the trade pile selling, and 7 pages in the watch list I'd won that needed to be auctioned. And because you can just leave the auctions to run you can just carry on playing matches as usual and let the auctions take care of themselves

Adam-Utd

I trade in kits and stadiums mostly, as they tend to be cheap to buy and you can turn them over for a good profit pretty quickly. Pick a top team (like United for example) and do an auction search for their kits, max price 150. Put a bid in for all of the home kits that have up to 1 hour left on auction, and then just leave them to run down or else you'll end up in a bidding war and will reduce your profits later on. You wont win every auction, but you'll win a decent amount of them. Once you have won them, re-list them at a higher price, with a BIN price just higher than what you list them for (I go 350/500). They'll all shift eventually, and you're looking at 2-3x the amount of money you started with, which if you re-invest in more kits you can make even more. I traded up from about 10k to 100k doing that, I currently have about 700k in total assets (kits and players). At one stage I had 4 full pages of kits on the trade pile selling, and 7 pages in the watch list I'd won that needed to be auctioned. And because you can just leave the auctions to run you can just carry on playing matches as usual and let the auctions take care of themselves
Nice plan will give it a try thanks

Adam-Utd

Anybody know what this promotion is they have coming on this weekend is about?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not sure, but I saw that their having a random draw thing and 10 fans will win 1 million coins and 1 person will win 2 VIP tickets to the manchester derby. All you have to do is win a game on or offline on ultimate team to be entered. Saw that on their twitter.

Leg-End

Depends on the user and the player, for me Falcao is above average on a 7, on a 9 he becomes ridiculous.

EvilChuck

I want to sell pretty much everyone I have and make a hybrid using brazilian/premier league players. I created a squad on futhead to see what it would score, it got 99 overall chem with a manager, 6 players have 9 chem and 5 have 7 chem. I could increase a couple of chemistry ratings by changing 1 player (for example putting Julio Cesar in goal over LLoris would give Thiago Silva 9 chemistry instead of 7), and David Luiz would get 9 in place of Kompany who gets 7. But to do that I decrease the quality of the players in those positions. If the chemistry wont make much difference from 7-9 then I can just leave it and get on with things

binary bot
You sure you're using the right card? I haven't had any IFs this year but you always could in the past.

EvilChuck

I was going by what Adam-Utd said. I havent had any in forms yet, the only one I'm thinking of is IF Sirigu for my brazil/premier league hybrid, to get perfect chemistry for him and Thiago Silva, rather than having 7's with Lloris, Thiago Silva and Kompany. IF Sirigu goes for between like 77k and 85k depending on formation, and if I can just buy the cheapest one and get a formation card on him and save money I'd rather do that.

With IF Sirigu only Kompany would have 7 chemistry in the whole team, and I can live with that.

gaz1185

Who's in the rest of your team? IF Julio Cesar would give you a 9 for Kompany & Tiago Silva, but he's about 130k and probably not as good!

EvilChuck

I'm in the process of building it, but this is what I intend

----------------IF Sirigu
Maicon - Thiago Silva - Kompany - Evra
----------------Ramires
Hulk-----------------------------Nani
------Lucas--------------Kagawa
-----------------Pato

I have them all apart from Nani, Maicon and Sirigu. I just need to change the formations on a couple of them.