Gaming FIFA15

Kaos

I haven't picked up a FIFA since 2011. Thinking of diving back in with the PS4 version of 2015, but from what I read its (surprise surprise) more of the same arcadey, ping-pong nonsense. I'm also hearing Pro Evo 2015 is looking great this time round.

Any idea of when a FIFA 2015 demo might be available?

Woodzy

It's only ping pong because every fecker refuses to play on manual!

Admittedly, the default gameplay is usually too fast and needs slider adjustments as well as changing the game speed to make it less arcade-like. Online will always be a crock of shite though until they encourage/force manual play, which simply won't happen.

Kaos

It's only ping pong because every fecker refuses to play on manual!

Admittedly, the default gameplay is usually too fast and needs slider adjustments as well as changing the game speed to make it less arcade-like. Online will always be a crock of shite though until they encourage/force manual play, which simply won't happen.
That's the thing I hated about the older FIFAs - I spent most my time fiddling with sliders, AI behaviour and various settings for the games to resemble a remote realistic take of a football match. If its still very much the same I don't think I'll bother.

Bojan11

I prefer ping pong to this years shower of shite which is lobbed through ball from anywhere to be honest.

There will always be a exploit and cheap way to score online. This year crosses and lofted through balls. Next fifa ping pong most likely. That is why I preferred the older PES apart from 6 with Adriano. They all had a better balance and there were no real exploits. There were no standout teams. In Fifa it's always Real Madrid.

Every person on the EAforum suggests this idea. They need to fix the stamina system.

Nem 7

How do you improve on perfection? FIFA is the best football game. All they need to do is improve graphics every year as they have done since 2012.

Boycott

With Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Van Persie, Januzaj and Kagawa this will be the first FIFA game since the days of FIFA 09 where United will be a fun and exciting team to play with.

From Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov and young Nani and Anderson we had to endure pretty dull Manchester United teams on the game.

We're back!

thepolice123

Hopefully they improve Bale's stats and I'll just play Real and outpace all the defenders with Ronaldo and him on each flank.

SirAF

Ageist
I think FIFA's been quite good since it made the jump to PS3 - ALL I want is to play FIFA online with no lag.. Then I'll be happy! Exploits can be countered pretty well if you are good enough. Lag, however, makes me want to throw my remote into my tv screen :devil:

S.A.N.F

They recoded the goalies from scratch. Think of it like this: It used to be that there are players and there are goalkeepers. Now they have changed the game logic. A GK is a player who is allowed to touch the ball with his hands and hold it. A special kind of player.

This is a good move for the future, it will enable very good resemblance of real goalkeeper behaviour because previously GK saves were not part of the simulation, more like predetermined saves etc...

Still looks weird now and my impression is that they couldn't quite get it right yet. I would be surprised if they nail the goalkeepers before FIFA 16.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I haven't picked up a FIFA since 2011. Thinking of diving back in with the PS4 version of 2015, but from what I read its (surprise surprise) more of the same arcadey, ping-pong nonsense. I'm also hearing Pro Evo 2015 is looking great this time round.

Any idea of when a FIFA 2015 demo might be available?
Every single year. :lol:

Sarni

Only going by the general impressions I'm hearing back from Gamescom.
People're saying the same thing every year and then PES ends up being crap.

Bojan11

What is up with the poor goalkeeping in those videos? PES was supposed to be the one with bad keepers.
Apparently the final build the goalkeepers will be improved according to EA. They are aware of these problems.

I imagine when people play the demo it will be the same complaints.

Sarni

Then the game will be released and even though it'll play nothing like 14 people will complain that it does. It's almost like people expect spaceships and racing cars in a football game for them to notice that something's changed.

Woodzy

Then the game will be released and even though it'll play nothing like 14 people will complain that it does. It's almost like people expect spaceships and racing cars in a football game for them to notice that something's changed.
Exactly this. Fifa has improved every year.

Its downfall is that there are things year after year that just don't get fixed (a foul by the computer every now and again would be nice, for example) and the odd decision to remove random features. Only to add them back in a few years down the line.

Then there are subtle elements that they try to improve but you just can't help but prefer in a previous version. Even Pro Evo had this in its glory days though. They'd change the shooting in one version and it would be horrible compared to the previous.

Sarni

Exactly this. Fifa has improved every year.

Its downfall is that there are things year after year that just don't get fixed (a foul by the computer every now and again would be nice, for example) and the odd decision to remove random features. Only to add them back in a few years down the line.

Then there are subtle elements that they try to improve but you just can't help but prefer in a previous version. Even Pro Evo had this in its glory days though. They'd change the shooting in one version and it would be horrible compared to the previous.
Of course it's not perfect but it's still a very good game they're trying to make better. I agree that they are going down the wrong path sometimes, World Cup 2010 had perfect balance but then they completely reorganised the game and 11 was far worse. 12 was very good again, I think 14 on PS3 was terrible but they probably did it to enhance the experience on PS4 and make it look like it's a MUCH better experience overall.

I expect them to deliver this year though. First attempt that is mainly focused on next gen, should be good.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I will have so much fun with Manchester United online. Di Maria will be a beast after last season!

Woodzy

Of course it's not perfect but it's still a very good game they're trying to make better. I agree that they are going down the wrong path sometimes, World Cup 2010 had perfect balance but then they completely reorganised the game and 11 was far worse. 12 was very good again, I think 14 on PS3 was terrible but they probably did it to enhance the experience on PS4 and make it look like it's a MUCH better experience overall.

I expect them to deliver this year though. First attempt that is mainly focused on next gen, should be good.
14 on the PS4 was such a step up in gameplay it's unreal.

I think there are three stances most people take when criticising Fifa.

The first are the ones who simply look at the game and make comments such as "it looks exactly the same as the last one". Which is true, but the gameplay enhancements are there and they are usually good.

Secondly, and this is the biggest one, is that the game is still miles behind other sports games, especially visually. NBA 2K being the prime example. EA can, and should, be stepping things up but they just don't. I actually read a comment that was rumoured to be from someone within the dev team for Fifa and it was something like "i'm still not allowed to make the football game that I want to make". Can't remember the details exactly.

Thirdly, are the ones who still seem to think PES is the better game... I don't need to further comment on that (although I do hold high hopes for it this year, but I do every year).

Sarni

14 on the PS4 was such a step up in gameplay it's unreal.
True. It was a completely new experience for me, I still enjoy it very much after about 300 games played. The fluidity of the gameplay, graphics enhancements etc. are very noticable.

The first are the ones who simply look at the game and make comments such as "it looks exactly the same as the last one". Which is true, but the gameplay enhancements are there and they are usually good.
Yes, and it's getting silly when people see a trailer of new FIFA and instantly decide that it looks the same despite not playing it. FIFA changes year from year, they're tweaking the gameplay to make it better - sometimes it doesn't work out as well as it ought to. New defensive system was annoying at first but after a while it turned out pretty good. It'll obviously look similar year after year, it's the same game based around the same engine, it's not going to be completely overhauled because there's no need for that. It's always going to be a football game so of course it'll look similar.

Secondly, and this is the biggest one, is that the game is still miles behind other sports games, especially visually. NBA 2K being the prime example. EA can, and should, be stepping things up but they just don't. I actually read a comment that was rumoured to be from someone within the dev team for Fifa and it was something like "i'm still not allowed to make the football game that I want to make". Can't remember the details exactly.
Well, that I fully agree with. I've spent plenty of time with NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show and they're so far ahead in terms of overall experience it's not even funny. FIFA is left behind these two, significantly, NBA is possibly the best sports games I've ever played and it looks exactly like a real basketball game. I remember when I switched to FIFA after 2 months of constantly playing NBA, it felt ridiculously poor compared to that - commentary, graphics and everything in the game just didn't give the feeling of an actual game like NBA did.

Thirdly, are the ones who still seem to think PES is the better game... I don't need to further comment on that (although I do hold high hopes for it this year, but I do every year).
Yeah, I heard plenty of good about PES 2014 and even thought about buying it at full price. Then it got into PS+ and I considered myself extremely lucky that I never spent a penny on it. Just not good enough, at all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Remember when players ratings changed if you moved them into different positions. I quite liked that.
They still do, though you don't see it. If you edit a player and change his normal position their rating changes. Kagawa is an 81 as a left mid but change him to a CAM and he's an 83 or 84.

kps88

I meant in team management. Sometimes players increased when you moved them out of their set position. It was fun to mess around with.
That still happens. But like Bosnian said, they just hide the change and his rating appears the same. Another area where they've gone backwards for no apparent reason. Play Messi as a RB and he definitely won't feel the same.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
That still happens. But like Bosnian said, they just hide the change and his rating appears the same. Another area where they've gone backwards for no apparent reason. Play Messi as a RB and he definitely won't feel the same.
No I'm aware Messi won't be as good as RB. But they categorically do not change the ratings in team management anymore, Messi will still have a 94 next to his name in GK.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
How can Pro 3 have more player individuality than FIFA 15 ? Don't EA realise how much depth it adds to the game when certain players move and play like they do in real life ? So frustrating because career mode could be great if they introduced this.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
How can Pro 3 have more player individuality than FIFA 15 ? Don't EA realise how much depth it adds to the game when certain players move and play like they do in real life ? So frustrating because career mode could be great if they introduced this.
Some players in Fifa do, Ronaldo has that silly running technique he does in real life.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Some players in Fifa do, Ronaldo has that silly running technique he does in real life.
Ronaldo is the only noticeable one. Look at Messi though at the same time, he doesn't keep the ball close to him and he uses his right foot to dribble with as much as he uses his left. If They can't get Messi right there isn't much hope for anyone else.

Drummer

Manchester United statistics on FIFA 15

Team quality - 5 stars
Team chemistry - 0

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Is this some kind of sick joke?
As a manual player, and agreeing it might be a sick joke, I think there's a point there somewhere.

I don't understand people who complain and don't take manual seriously. It's like buying Gran Turismo and playing with all the assists on maximum and with automatic transmission. It's fine if you buy it to have a couple of games per month with your brother, but otherwise, if you plan on playing it for quite a while, it's outright stubbornness. I adore playing FIFA, and no two games look the same to me no matter how I play. I dominate games, get dominated, change my approach during matches depending on opponent, close spaces to force them to lose the ball, etc... Above all, I take pleasure in devising plays, and smirk when an opponent pulls off a great pass or shot because I know it's not easy.

I have no idea what's this ping-pong bullshit people complain so much about. Not since FIFA 11 at least.