Gaming FIFA15

Nanook

Get rid of the web app and the problem of coin selling websites disappears. I think the web app has been unavailable since late May, hopefully it continues right through FIFA 15.

People will always buy and sell on eBay, I have since FIFA 11 but that doesn't affect the market, it's the sites who stockpile 20m+ coins with the use of auto and then sell them for £5 for 100k or less, on EBay in the previous FIFA's you'd be lucky to get £13 for 100k so it puts a lot more people off buying them.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
First thoughts on the BETA. I have the online one so can't comment on any career mode questions etc. First thing you notice is how ridiculous the goalies are. It's either a case of shooting being shit or the goalies being good. When you get 1v1 if it's placed in the corner there will be a wondersave otherwise your player just shoots straight at the keeper. However every now and then your goalie just switches off and watches a shot trickle past him.

My biggest gripe so far is the return of ping pong passing. I'm being killed online as my players keep getting dragged stupidly out of position by stupid first time passes up the whole field. The defence has no idea how to stop it and you pretty much get both CB's running towards the player with the ball, leaving the striker to literally run clean through. I seriously hope this is improved for the actual game or I won't be buying it.

There's still predictable unpredictability in it. By that I mean, when your opponent does a poor pass then your player is almost guarenteed to gift possession straight back with a loose touch or a poor pass. This can happen about 5 times in a row, by which point it gets pretty infuriating when Messi takes a 5 yard touch in the only direction where there is an opposition player.

Dribbling is weird, players look unnatural when they run but turning and stopping is relatively fluid however there is far too many times when you tackle the player and they just run clean through you. Results in the defender usually falling on his arse.

As I touched upon earlier the AI defensively is poor and hit and miss at attacking. I've noticed that the striker will stay as high on the line as possible when coming back which allows quicker transitions and through balls. Good diagonal runs that actually cause the defence issues too. Still too much static movement with players standing still or running into defenders off the ball.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed. So far it's probably the least enjoyable FIFA I can remember. It's just not fun nor realistic. I can accept one but not none. (Before anyone starts I know FIFA has never been realistic)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I just made a vast discovery of why this BETA is shit. EA have spent so long focusing on attack and defence that they've actually forgotten that midfield exists. There is no cohesiveness, tactics or positioning from the midfield. They literally just run around and spend 90 minutes out of positioning which results in stupid end to end games with two passes from defence to attack as there's no midfielders to dribble past or pass around. Busquets as my holding midfielder is constantly on the edge of the opponents box and as soon as I lose the ball within two passes the opposition is clean through. I'm genuinely astounded at how bad this is.

Baxter

I just made a vast discovery of why this BETA is shit. EA have spent so long focusing on attack and defence that they've actually forgotten that midfield exists. There is no cohesiveness, tactics or positioning from the midfield. They literally just run around and spend 90 minutes out of positioning which results in stupid end to end games with two passes from defence to attack as there's no midfielders to dribble past or pass around. Busquets as my holding midfielder is constantly on the edge of the opponents box and as soon as I lose the ball within two passes the opposition is clean through. I'm genuinely astounded at how bad this is.
It's dreadful. I have the online UT one too. Shit players whose fitness is gone after 2 games. Why not take out contracts and fitness for a beta? The shooting is shite, the keepers either make amazing saves or don't move at all. The dribbling is also shite. I think it's terrible.

arthurka

Its going to be shit but we are all going to buy it... The only way I will buy this is if it will let me play online with my mate on the same console for a quick match, why they took it out of the PS4 version of FIFA 14 I will never know. But on PS3 you could..

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
It's dreadful. I have the online UT one too. Shit players whose fitness is gone after 2 games. Why not take out contracts and fitness for a beta? The shooting is shite, the keepers either make amazing saves or don't move at all. The dribbling is also shite. I think it's terrible.
I'm just seasons no ultimate team sadly. Whats the game speed like?

Normal seasons now feels like it's designed for the ultimate team newbs who cut back, smash the ball up field, use pace and have no interest in playing anything resembling proper football. I'd probably say Foosball is more reflective of real football than this FIFA, it's really that bad.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Its going to be shit but we are all going to buy it... The only way I will buy this is if it will let me play online with my mate on the same console for a quick match, why they took it out of the PS4 version of FIFA 14 I will never know. But on PS3 you could..
I'm usually of that opinion but unless there is drastic changes not a chance in hell of me buying it, it's fecking shocking.

Baxter

I'm just seasons no ultimate team sadly. Whats the game speed like?

Normal seasons now feels like it's designed for the ultimate team newbs who cut back, smash the ball up field, use pace and have no interest in playing anything resembling proper football. I'd probably say Foosball is more reflective of real football than this FIFA, it's really that bad.
Yeah it's fast as feck as per. It truly is shocking. I can't even access the forum link they gave to me because I have insufficient privileges so I can't even tell them it is shite.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it's fast as feck as per. It truly is shocking. I can't even access the forum link they gave to me because I have insufficient privileges so I can't even tell them it is shite.
Same as me, I'm intrigued to see what others think of it, I imagine the 12 year olds bloody adore it. I've just switched to a 4-2-4 formation to beat the cnuts at their own game. I end up 3v2 probably at least 20 times a game.

BEST No7

I on the UT beta, and honestly its crap. that might be because EA haven't give two shits about the 360 version and what we'll be buying, but when you can't defend properly nor shoot i think for the first time ever i won't be getting the new fifa. Plus theres no clubs either, fecking utter pile of shite.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I on the UT beta, and honestly its crap. that might be because EA haven't give two shits about the 360 version and what we'll be buying, but when you can't defend properly nor shoot i think for the first time ever i won't be getting the new fifa. Plus theres no clubs either, fecking utter pile of shite.
I'm xbox one and it's just as bad, nothing to do with not caring about the 360, it's just shit.

Baxter

I'm Xbox One like Spiersey and agree with him.

Bojan11

They always change the game speed for final game and I rather ping pong passing is back rather than running down the wing crossing it or constant lobbed through balls. Ping pong does take some skill and not everyone can do it.

Also the beta is pre gamescom.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Has there been any news on the web app and if it will be in UT15?

How will they know if you are buying or selling coins too? I know everyone complains about the coin selling and stuff but tbh last year I sold my coins to get my money back for the game which I found a bit shit. This year I'll be needing it to cover the cost of the game and PS plus since for some reason it is necessary on a PS4. My brother actually used it as a part-time job too while at uni. If it weren't for selling his coins he would have starved. If there is no web app then I might not even bother.

Bojan11

Has there been any news on the web app and if it will be in UT15?

How will they know if you are buying or selling coins too? I know everyone complains about the coin selling and stuff but tbh last year I sold my coins to get my money back for the game which I found a bit shit. This year I'll be needing it to cover the cost of the game and PS plus since for some reason it is necessary on a PS4. My brother actually used it as a part-time job too while at uni. If it weren't for selling his coins he would have starved. If there is no web app then I might not even bother.
They'd know that you buying or selling coins, if you buy bronze players for insane prices. Or buying other players for stupid prices .

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
They'd know that you buying or selling coins, if you buy bronze players for insane prices. Or buying other players for stupid prices .
That is stupid though as that doesn't prove anything. I often lend a few 100k to my brothers and friends and likewise they lend to me. So that is now punishable by banning from all EA games?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
First thoughts on the BETA. I have the online one so can't comment on any career mode questions etc. First thing you notice is how ridiculous the goalies are. It's either a case of shooting being shit or the goalies being good. When you get 1v1 if it's placed in the corner there will be a wondersave otherwise your player just shoots straight at the keeper. However every now and then your goalie just switches off and watches a shot trickle past him.

My biggest gripe so far is the return of ping pong passing. I'm being killed online as my players keep getting dragged stupidly out of position by stupid first time passes up the whole field. The defence has no idea how to stop it and you pretty much get both CB's running towards the player with the ball, leaving the striker to literally run clean through. I seriously hope this is improved for the actual game or I won't be buying it.

There's still predictable unpredictability in it. By that I mean, when your opponent does a poor pass then your player is almost guarenteed to gift possession straight back with a loose touch or a poor pass. This can happen about 5 times in a row, by which point it gets pretty infuriating when Messi takes a 5 yard touch in the only direction where there is an opposition player.

Dribbling is weird, players look unnatural when they run but turning and stopping is relatively fluid however there is far too many times when you tackle the player and they just run clean through you. Results in the defender usually falling on his arse.

As I touched upon earlier the AI defensively is poor and hit and miss at attacking. I've noticed that the striker will stay as high on the line as possible when coming back which allows quicker transitions and through balls. Good diagonal runs that actually cause the defence issues too. Still too much static movement with players standing still or running into defenders off the ball.

Overall, I'm fairly disappointed. So far it's probably the least enjoyable FIFA I can remember. It's just not fun nor realistic. I can accept one but not none. (Before anyone starts I know FIFA has never been realistic)
Sounds like it's rubbish.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Get rid of the web app and the problem of coin selling websites disappears. I think the web app has been unavailable since late May, hopefully it continues right through FIFA 15.

People will always buy and sell on eBay, I have since FIFA 11 but that doesn't affect the market, it's the sites who stockpile 20m+ coins with the use of auto and then sell them for £5 for 100k or less, on EBay in the previous FIFA's you'd be lucky to get £13 for 100k so it puts a lot more people off buying them.
People have bought coins for way more than £13 for 100k. It won't put people off unless they are outrageously priced i.e £30 - £40 for 100k and even then i have seen them sell quite quickly on ebay during the first month.

Nanook

People have bought coins for way more than £13 for 100k. It won't put people off unless they are outrageously priced i.e £30 - £40 for 100k and even then i have seen them sell quite quickly on ebay during the first month.
About 5/6 months after the game comes out the price normally settles around £13-£17 for 100k on eBay. The difference is people buying 100k coins isn't really going to affect the market, it's the people who buy 300/400+ at once that feck it up. You can get 300,000 coins right now for £8 on some websites, even 3/4 months ago it was only around £20 for 300k whereas on previous FIFA's you'd need £40-£50 to get 300,000. Of course some people will still pay that but the vast majority won't.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
About 5/6 months after the game comes out the price normally settles around £13-£17 for 100k on eBay. The difference is people buying 100k coins isn't really going to affect the market, it's the people who buy 300/400+ at once that feck it up. You can get 300,000 coins right now for £8 on some websites, even 3/4 months ago it was only around £20 for 300k whereas on previous FIFA's you'd need £40-£50 to get 300,000. Of course some people will still pay that but the vast majority won't.
It's just under £5 for a million coins right now I think.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
When i sold up last march due to being fed up of seeing Walcott outjump Kompany at every set piece, i sold a million on ebay in 100k increments. I included a little sweetener by covering the EA tax on the transaction for the buyer (So i actually sold 105k per transaction) but i still got £8.75 for each batch.

walsh

It's actually a joke that after making football games for so long and having unlimited funds, EA can't manage to create a football game that plays well. They can add all the bells and whistles they want, but if the gameplay is shit then it's inexcusable.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I mentioned this in the PES thread but what Fifa always seems to completely neglect is the individuality of different players and teams. Even up until now it's basically non existent which is what makes the game really generic and boring to me.

Considering that for about the last 5 years they've kept the same game and just added tweaks or changed settings, there's really no excuse for it at all.

They could be adding individuality and making each player and team look, move and act like their real life counterpart. Instead they do things like slightly change the way free kicks are taken, or piss around with how the generic goalkeeper AI works. If anything they will end up going backwarks.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
I've already got this game, it's called FIFA 12. Look the fekkin same to me, another year i'll pass it up.

quackattack

:D

Shooting
Heading
Intelligent runs
Tactics

Fifa 15's revolutionary S.H.I.T™ engine.
The new features are -

Pure Shot
Precision Movement
Real Ball Physics
Player Intelligence
360 control

Like it is every fecking year whiles being the same game, probably.
;)

Controll -360
Real Ball Physics
AI - Improvements
Player Intelligence

Fifa 15's revolutionary C.R.A.P™ engine. :D

Kostur

海尔的老板

23 minutes of gameplay. Looks impressive if you ask me.
The off-ball runs look impressive to be fair but iirc FIFA 14 demo was better ( atleast for Xbox 360 ) than the final version, or so I felt. Way the defenders let the attackers in and don't chase them around 6th minute mark is cringeworthy though. Shooting seems pretty shit too. Hope they use the beta feedback and actually do fix the game where it's needed.

Will buy 15 anyway so whatever.

Last edited:

walsh

The off-ball runs look impressive to be fair but iirc FIFA 14 demo was better ( atleast for Xbox 360 ) than the final version, or so I felt. Way the defenders let the attackers in and don't chase them around 6th minute mark is cringeworthy though. Shooting seems pretty shit too. Hope they use the beta feedback and actually do fix the game where it's needed.

Will buy 15 anyway so whatever.
While I'm not criticising you personally, this is the problem with these franchise games that barely improve each year.