Gaming FIFA15

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
In fairness, they could stop defenders inexplicably acting like morons :lol:. I hate the switching on it, as when the ball is in the air most of the time the defender will stop for a split second which automatically gives it an advantage to the forward going through.

They should also bring it back so that you see who you are about to play online before going into the match to stop playing the same teams over and over again, and on the occasions where you're matched with a team better than the one you are using allowing you to back out.
Ugh... I fecking hate that. Also when they play a ball in the air to you CB who turns on his control back to your net but then just stands there for a second allowing the striker to come in and take it for a breakaway. All of these while hitting the button to header it too.

Jacob

They should just get rid of offline gaming all together and focus on the online experience.

Never understood the joy of playing against AI, there's no one to witness it.

Playing together at home is a given though.

SirAF

Ageist
They should just get rid of offline gaming all together and focus on the online experience.

This! Playing against the AI is just completely worthless and a huge waste of time.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Goal line technology is a gimmick, it is not like it was not present in all previous FIFAs - it was, just not emphasized like this.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

I don't understand this point. It kind of negates the joy of playing any video game prior to online gaming. Why does someone need to witness it?

Jacob

I don't understand this point. It kind of negates the joy of playing any video game prior to online gaming. Why does someone need to witness it?
I guess you have a point, all is relative... but then again, even during early days I always used to play together with somebody else. There's no one to brag to without proof. Gaming is competing for me, competition against a machine doesn't cut it for me.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Well, we might as well stop it then if it doesn't cut it for Jacob.

The vast majority of people who buy FIFA play it for the casual experience.

Jacob

Well, we might as well stop it then if it doesn't cut it for Jacob.

The vast majority of people who buy FIFA play it for the casual experience.
Think I made it clear it was my personal opinion :p

It can be casual and competetive at the same time, can't it?

Eriku

But I can't compose my own team and see if I can juggle the line-ups sufficiently well to win several honours over the course of a season... Speak for yourself, offline stays as far as I'm concerned.

JB7

Errrr no. Possibly the most ridiculous suggestion I've ever seen.

Jacob

Regarding FIFA? Get rid of all offline modes? I've seen some stupid ideas for FIFA modes but yours is ridiculous.
I can guarantee that the vast majority of gaming on FIFA takes place online, how is the suggestion ridiculous exactly? Maybe your opinion of mine is ridiculous? Just a thought.

JB7

I can guarantee that the vast majority of gaming on FIFA takes place online, how is the suggestion ridiculous exactly? Maybe your opinion of mine is ridiculous? Just a thought.
You can think what you like, but EA wouldn't be crazy enough to alienate millions of people who play their game by having no offline modes.

Jacob

You can think what you like, but EA wouldn't be crazy enough to alienate millions of people who play their game by having no offline modes.
All I see is offline gamers complaining about career mode and online gamers complaining about glitches and server quality. Maybe they could focus on either cause doing it in paralel obviously damaged their overall game experience from what I've heard. FUT will always be their unexpressed focus.

SirAF

Ageist
Absolutely! I mean, what is the fun/accomplishment of beating the AI? After you've calibrated your self to the new difficulty it is not really too hard to suss out the AI. Online is where the real fun/challenge is.

I'm a massive FIFA fan, but I'm getting the PS4 and FIFA for the sole purpose of playing it online.

Castia

I'll mostly play online but feck getting rid of career mode, it's fun to jump and and buy players and stuff.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Goal line technology is in the game :lol:

EA sports have it before UEFA. FIFA and to a lesser extent, the FA :lol:
It's always been in the game, the whole game is done on a fcuking computer ffs since the very first Fifa. EA have really pushed the boat out previously with their 'revolutionary 360 degree dribbling' and 'precision shooting' they add each year, but this 'new feature' REALLY takes the biscuit for utter audacity. Are people really buying this new feature, as if there was a real referee making decisions in the game the whole time? Either the joke has gone above my head or I'm totally fcuking bamboozled. :houllier:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's always been in the game, the whole game is done on a fcuking computer ffs since the very first Fifa. EA have really pushed the boat out previously with their 'revolutionary 360 degree dribbling' and 'precision shooting' they add each year, but this 'new feature' REALLY takes the biscuit for utter audacity. Are people really buying this new feature, as if there was a real referee making decisions in the game the whole time? Either the joke has gone above my head or I'm totally fcuking bamboozled. :houllier:
It's just a presentation feature. One that will be undoubtedly annoying, of course.

I can see scenarios of the ball hitting the crossbar, coming down 5 yards in front of the line and they'll still show replays of it.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
It's just a presentation feature. One that will be undoubtedly annoying, of course.

I can see scenarios of the ball hitting the crossbar, coming down 5 yards in front of the line and they'll still show replays of it.
I get so fed up with almost every aspect of the Fifa series and how much it parodies itself yet I still buy it. It's like they're targeting the young and stupid with gimmicks when we're all going to buy it anyway! Just be truthful at least.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
FIFA is one of my most played game franchises on any console, and I've never played online...

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
You're one of the very few then. Fifa like most other sports games are mostly played online.
Are there any stats to back up this claim?

Would be curious as to when online eclipsed offline - because they obviously always used to be played offline.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more players who played offline than you would expect.

Shark

@NotShark

That'd be retarded on EA's part. Utterly retarded.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The goal line technology feature is a joke. It's a computer game ffs. Referee's on fifa in particular don't make mistakes like that. I bet it gets overused like 5 times a game too just to show it off. Be almost as annoying as Alan Mcinally's scoreline updates. I guess it's nothing new though, Fifa always fob off new "features" and most of the population buy into it.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
FIFA 14 in particular had a massive overkill of Sky Sports employees. There's the two commentators, Goeff Shreeves telling us he thinks he's gonna carry on, Alan McInally saying "It's 1-0" but not actually telling us which game he's on about (doesn't always pop up) then for some reason they added Jeff Stelling at half time, and finally there's the guy who tells us every score and the league tables after the game. Wouldn't be surprised if 15 had Jamie Redknapp in it somewhere.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
FIFA 14 in particular had a massive overkill of Sky Sports employees. There's the two commentators, Goeff Shreeves telling us he thinks he's gonna carry on, Alan McInally saying "It's 1-0" but not actually telling us which game he's on about (doesn't always pop up) then for some reason they added Jeff Stelling at half time, and finally there's the guy who tells us every score and the league tables after the game. Wouldn't be surprised if 15 had Jamie Redknapp in it somewhere.
I would literally destroy the game if he was in it. Literally destroy it!

Winrar

If you're on XBOX, new legends for ultimate team, inc. Schmeichel and Roy Keane.

Beckenbauer also in it as well but EA can't use him in images yet :houllier:

Eriksen

Pre-ordered the Ultimate edition already. Hated FIFA 14, worst in the series that I've played imo

If you're on XBOX, new legends for ultimate team, inc. Schmeichel and Roy Keane.

Beckenbauer also in it as well but EA can't use him in images yet :houllier:
Feck sake. I'm on PS4 so won't be able to use any of these bad boys. :(

Massive fan of Keane and would've done all that was in my power to get him as well (although he'd probably be average in game knowing EA).

Winrar

Feck sake. I'm on PS4 so won't be able to use any of these bad boys. :(
Me neither, but most of the good ones like Gullit are basically unaffordable (unless you want to spend $500+ for one card) so I don't really mind missing out on them to be honest.