Final: Italy vs England

IncyWincySpider

Sticking a lit flare up your own bum says it all really doesn't it.

Knowing that so many of our fans are such screaming belmwits will numb me a little to the pain if we lose, so that's something.

Dante

Average bang
I thought Foden would come in for Saka but he's apparently injured so maybe not now.

You could make a nice highlights montage for a Youtube video of Saka this tournament, he's gone on some great dribbles and beaten players and he did well for the equaliser in the Semi Final.

His actual overall performances haven't been that great though, he's looked very raw. Clearly got a lot of potential but he seems to just get his head down and run into defenders most of the time.
Southgate knows that he has the deepest attacking depth in the competition. His tactic from the very first game has been to cancel out the opposition with a hard working first XI, then to bring on fresh legs in the last 20 minutes without actually weakening the side. I don't see him changing it today.

The only way Saka gets dropped, imo, is if we change formation to a back 5.

Siezard

He loves Mount, couldn't wait to get him back into the team for some reason despite him adding the square root of feck all.
One thing good about Southgate is he doesn't play players out of their usual positions so all these players perform at a decent state no matter what and seldom makes mistakes.

Just have a good laugh thinking about how Scholes used to play on Midfield (left) and Gerrard playing Defensive Midfield to accommodate Lampard in AMC. God knows how many mistakes Gerrard made in the world cup against Uruguay and more.

prateik

Hope its entertaining.. finals can be nervy and defensive..

I'm not hoping for much, but would be great if was an entertaining match..

Extra time.. penalties.. bring it on..

Chief123

Apparently trippier is in for saka with a back 5. Big call by Southgate!

Sylar

Apparently trippier is in for saka with a back 5. Big call by Southgate!
Makes sense and was expected
Same as with the Croatia and Germany games

Keep it solid and don't lose the game and then such a strong bench to go for the win

Dante

Average bang
For all the England fans who were moaning about Southgate not playing exciting football: would you rather lose 3-4 in normal time or win on penalties after a dull 0-0?

I though so.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
For all the England fans who were moaning about Southgate not playing exciting football: would you rather lose 3-4 in normal time or win on penalties after a dull 0-0?

I though so.
It's about the result, couldn't care less about how we play. I want us to win not be plucky losers.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

I though so.
Personally I'm more worried about inviting them on to us. Should be the other way round.

But what do I know, I haven't got us to the final, so I'll keep faith!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How much of the insanity we're seeing from the England fans is because this is probably the first time a lot of people have been out in large groups for so long?

Obviously they'd be going nuts regardless but the end of the Covid restrictions has got to add even more spice to the lunatics.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’m really worried about Italy’s midfield, feel like they could dominate us.

Dante

Average bang
How much of the insanity we're seeing from the England fans is because this is probably the first time a lot of people have been out in large groups for so long?

Obviously they'd be going nuts regardless but the end of the Covid restrictions has got to add even more spice to the lunatics.
Absolutely. The first few weekends after 19 July are going to be bedlam. Today's just a preview.

Josep Dowling

First international cup final for a generation plus loosening of COVID restrictions. Fans are going to enjoy themselves.

Seems to be a lot of killjoy types on here who can’t work out why fans are out enjoying the moment.

TrustInOle

I can't see Italy going gung ho against us, so yeah the recipe is there for a bit of a tense dull affair.

Don't care as long as we win!
This. The final ain't about who looks the best but who can get the last win, however that may be. We one had an England team where pretty much all the first 11 were top 5 in their positions in the world and that got us nowhere. Gareth may favour weaker (attacking wise) individuals and play at times, but he also has England in two Semi's and a Final in his 3 competitive endeavours.

He deserves more than people bitching about his team sheets at this point, even I was one of them after the Scotland game. He's got this!

Deery

Dreary

I though so.
What makes you think you’d win on penalties?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

:nervous:
I mean, there's just no way this is going to end well. You don't stick an ignited flare up your ass and expect a positive outcome.

Looking forward to the "Asses of Fire" headline on the front page of the Daily Sport tomorrow, though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I mean, there's just no way this is going to end well. You don't stick an ignited flare up your ass and expect a positive outcome.

Looking forward to the "Asses of Fire" headline on the front page of the Daily Sport tomorrow, though.
Would be typical if this idiot works in come government office.