Final: Italy vs England

Sancho7

Brilliant performance so far. Italy having a lot of the ball last 10 mins or so in midfield areas, would like that to be sorted out 2nd half, wouldn't like that to be a theme 2nd half.

Feel there is another goal left in this for England, we look danagerous on the counter, it's just the last ball of those little 1,2's (Mount and Sterling) hasn't come off yet, but get the feeling 1 might 2nd half *fingers crossed*

But Kane/Sterling/Mount/Rice/Tripper playing great so far.

fergosaurus

England completely nullifying Italy so far who look out of ideas. Pretty crap match to watch as a neutral.

Maxii

Paad
Shaw has been one of the players of the tournament. Mancini needs to take Immobile off at half time, he’s been a shell of a player the last few games. Looks like his confidence is shot

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Two terrible teams
I disagree. England have been fantastic. A bit more nous in the final third, particularly when the likes of Rice and Sterling have done really well to beat a man or two, wouldn't go amiss but it's been a quality performance from front to back. Italy have really struggled and you can't ask for too much more from an England perspective.

siw2007

Good start to the game for England, excellent goal by Shaw. It’s typically been a difficult game otherwise. Italy look frustrated at times but otherwise playing some nice stuff, England are having to defend in numbers well to keep them out, but there is a sense the Italians are getting closer. England could help themselves if they tried to pass the ball quicker, sometimes we are playing 3 touch 4 touch stuff and getting in physical skirmishes.

BFernandes

It's not entertaining but England have got their tactics absolutely spot on.

Playing the 352, the likes of Shaw, Rice, Phillips and Tripper just sit in the same areas that the Italian front 3 like to operate in, so there's no room for their short, sharp intricate play.

Italy need to bring on Belotti, Immobile and Insigne have given nothing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Italy playing with two genuinely awful players in Immobile and Emerson.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Sterling has been a bit off it. I'd get Rashford on for him at some point, but he could still have a better performance in the second half.

Don't know what else Italy need to do, who they have on the pitch is pretty much who I expect to be able to turn things around, so just need to stop fluffing and take chances, but England have been quite solid at the back.
Jorginho is their best player

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I rather hope we signed him for the left. Someone needs to bench Rashford or at least show that he isn't unstoppable. Ideally we'll play him on the right and the left with whoever of Rashford and Greenwood is in form on the other side.
Sancho will play on the opposite wing to whatever inside forward is more in form. We don't need any other wingers for sure. We're good now with Sancho.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Blood hell it might be coming home. I never bet but fancied sticking 10 quid on this at 4 to 1. I could cash out now for 22.00. Guess I should really??

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Dreadful attacking game, England really look like they are coached by Mourinho. Fantastic attacking talent, but it’s all about defensive structure…. But who cares, trophies are won by winning, not entertaining.
Doubt Shaw agrees with that. :lol:

stw2022

Luke Shaw scoring. Such arrogance. This is why all of Uranus is clapping for Italy

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hoped the early goal would set up a cracking game, but it's a typical final so far. England started extremely well, bery solid with same fluid play, but they kind of seemed to lose their purpose and can't seem to decide whether to sit back or keep attacking.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Need so much more from Mount and Sterling, both have been woeful.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Brilliant performance so far. Italy having a lot of the ball last 10 mins or so in midfield areas, would like that to be sorted out 2nd half, wouldn't like that to be a theme 2nd half.

Feel there is another goal left in this for England, we look danagerous on the counter, it's just the last ball of those little 1,2's (Mount and Sterling) hasn't come off yet, but get the feeling 1 might 2nd half *fingers crossed*

But Kane/Sterling/Mount/Rice/Tripper playing great so far.
Mount had been the worst player for England so far I think. So many attacks have broken down with him. Grealish could make a massive impact here.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's not entertaining but England have got their tactics absolutely spot on.

Playing the 352, the likes of Shaw, Rice, Phillips and Tripper just sit in the same areas that the Italian front 3 like to operate in, so there's no room for their short, sharp intricate play.

Italy need to bring on Belotti, Immobile and Insigne have given nothing.
To be fair it's way less boring than we all thought.

Still not great, but that early goal has done us a favour for entertainment in the second half as it goes on I feel.

FatTails

Italy v Spain was two shite teams battling it out to play the best of the bunch?
The two top teams who try to take control and win games rather than pack the box and play kick and rush percentages football.

Hope this helps.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Really good half but Italy have started to dominate. England need to be better in the second half when they have the opportunities to counter.

Great half though. Defensively solid so far. Encouraging that we have options to change it.