Final: Italy vs England

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Taking out the emotion of the game it's really been a poor spectacle. No genuine attempts outside of the goal and Chiesa shot. Sterling and Kane have been non-exsistent as have most of the Italian team.

Shout out to Shaw and Chiesa being the best players on the pitch this half.
we’ve shut them out of the game. 1-0 will do the job

Cockney-Red

Italy will probably score.

If they do it will 'probably' go to extra time. Thats assuming they dont grab two (obviously). But usually these games in the final are too close and are decided by ET / Penalties

kyofusho

Things to improve for England in the second half.
- Better decision making from Sterling. Think he's better off just taking on the CBs rather than trying a square ball with how many the Italians get back behind the ball.
- Walker needs to stop giving it away.
- Mount looks half a yard off the pace at the moment but otherwise no major concerns with him. Another foul and he'll be carded though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
maguire kicked out a back pass for a corner and you were thinking 'geez, there's nerves there' and then that happens straight after :lol:
Yeah, I forgot that I blame the beer. I was sweating at that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Did they even touch the ball before the 1-0?
Hard to believe Maguire passing it out of the corner happened about 50 seconds before that. Just got caught up upfield and quick England turnover from clearing corner.

BFernandes

As much as it pains me, England fully deserve that lead. For all of Italy's possession, they've created next to nothing. They need to step it up big time or they've got no chance.

shahzy

I'm surprised I'm reading sentiments like it's not a good game? This seems so damn fast. Does not feel like an international game. It's great.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Klinsmann, one of the few neutrals that doesn't utterly despise England with a passion.

But seriously, is there any non-English caftards supporting England tonight? There has to be one of you out there :p

FatTails

England are 2004 Greece for sure. But no one will care if England win.
Good shout. I’ve been likening them to Hodgson’ Palace. Defend deep and cross your fingers that one of Zaha/Townsend/other pacy player can do something on the counter.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Congratulations, England. Can't see Italy turn it arround, and the second goal is coming in the first 15 minutes of the second half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
England doing what we've done in most games this tournament. Making the game comfortable for 70 minutes and forcing the opposition to close us down constantly then bring on someone to have a go at tired legs.
Must admit while many are perplexed England are actually in a final, I'm more amazed how good the game management is and composure in key areas, never seen England team as good at the basics for a long time. Something you just think other national teams are so much better at but not this tournament.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Just shows how these guys are all human beings at the highest level. And nerves were obviously on both sides, no matter how much players try to 'hide' it
It was obviously nervy from Maguire, but he did pass it to the exact area Pickford should have been in.