Finally...The RedCafe Top 50 Video Games Of All Time - Brought to you by Duffy, not Duffer

Which countdown should we do next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Likely by the time you wake up the game was finished because your two companions killed everything. If you had slept a bit more they would have gone ans single handed destroy all the reapers.
That could be quite good TBH, since that'd the only way that game would get played again.

You were never going to like a game with no jump button Olly.

Roll doesn't cut it. AMIRITE?
That's probably quite accurate really :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
@Revan I played DA before Mass Effect. It appealed much more to me at the time. I only had a skeg at Mass Effect cos I was bored one summer. Jade Empire's alright, never really got into it. Not everything before EA was good, no, but things that have suffered post EA have suffered in a very stereotypically "post EA" way. A focus on looking like a good game, rather than being one.
Definitely. Mass Effect 3 was exactly that. On DA2 they didn't even tried to do that, it was basically a promising story with the same rehashed dungeon on the entire game.

Bebe

You lost the right to give opinions when you voted FF8 over FF6.

On a bit more serious and less cnutish note, how good is Lairs of The Shadow Broken? Arrival was as stupid as Mass Effect 3 but I heard good words about Lairs.
Lair of the Shadow Broker is absolutely excellent. So is Overlord.

beardsleybob

Considering Football manager only has minor improvements ever year, I feel like it would have been better just to have all the fm's as one and then as an overall ranking. Probably the same with Fifa or other sports games.
In the longterm sports games have obviously changed quite a bit. I enjoyed FIFA 98 much more than most other editions

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Considering Football manager only has minor improvements ever year, I feel like it would have been better just to have all the fm's as one and then as an overall ranking. Probably the same with Fifa or other sports games.
That's the reason why I didn't include an FM game in my list.

ZDwyr

I enjoy these list threads. I'll have to try and get involved in the next one.

Siorac

Polish does not a great game make. They looked nice. The UI on PCs was a miscarriage. The entire story was linear, choices were empty and meaningless other than the "set piece" choices which tended to force you into unnatural situations just so you could make a GAME CHANGING (tm) Decision. They were OK. The first one really shone when you were just bumming about the galaxy landing on planets with the MAKO. Something they decided to strip from later iterations. It could have been Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate in Space (i.e. it could have been as good as KotOR) but it screamed of AAA "Look at our shiny graphics and experience our set pieces" rather than "we made a good game". Meh
That was the worst thing about ME. Bumbling about in that stupid vehicle, discovering small bases with entirely identical layouts. You kill everyone in there, sidequest done, will to live broken.

The first Mass Effect shone when it came to its story and setting. But I could never ever convince myself to replay it because of the soul-destroying tedium of the Mako sidequests.

Cina

Shut up Revan, you're even more annoying in here than you were about Moyes. ME2 > ME1, facht.

Revan

Assumptionman
If I'm the biggest nerd, surely I'm also the biggest authority on video games that aren't CoD?

Check mate, mate.
NO, you're the biggest COD nerd. So feel free to decide which one of those games is the best

Cina

Most of us were right about Moyes, we just didn't act like PMSing teenagers for the last ten months.

Siorac

Most of us were right about Moyes, we just didn't act like PMSing teenagers for the last ten months.
I act like that all the time, you should try it, it's great. Most people are too irritated by it to object to anything I do.

On another note, I'm going to replay Mass Effect 2 because of you cnuts. Shame on you.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Every time Mass Effect comes into discussion, the thread inevitably descends into shiteness.

Siorac

Every time Mass Effect comes into discussion, the thread inevitably descends into shiteness.
No, it's only because we allowed a Chelsea fan to do the counting. It's all duffey's fault.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
We should all just agree that ME3 was the best. Saves the bickering.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Cant believe Link To The Past is that low on the list. One of the best RPGs I have ever played :(

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
:lol: Think we need some other controversy to get away from this Mass Effect argument. Numbers 20-11 coming up, the top 10 countdown this evening.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
If ME2 comes out ahead of ME1 we're never having a top 50 list ever again until all candidates have been clinicallyy screened and passed appropriate fit for purpose tests.