Florentino Pérez: The saviour of football.

tjb

His comments last night might actually have killed the superleague.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So he launched the beta version of the ESL because Real desperately need money?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A bit of respect to our president, dear founding members
Our great leader :drool: who has effectively managed to sequester our club :lol: third time in a row he ran unopposed because no one else could run against him...

To be honest he dropped a lot of truth bombs, but also, a lot of disingenous crap, and lastly, i reiterate: if you wanna do a superleague, do it properly! This whole closed circle nonsense is just not something anybody's gonna get behind. Football seasons don't have enough games to get away with a lot of meaningless ones

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So he launched the beta version of the ESL because Real desperately need money?
Not just us. There's 12 clubs in it. You think they do this like this, now, for a lark?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Our great leader :drool: who has effectively managed to sequester our club :lol: third time in a row he ran unopposed because no one else could run against him...

To be honest he dropped a lot of truth bombs, but also, a lot of disingenous crap, and lastly, i reiterate: if you wanna do a superleague, do it properly! This whole closed circle nonsense is just not something anybody's gonna get behind. Football seasons don't have enough games to get away with a lot of meaningless ones
I am quite disappointed to be honest.
For the club because it allowed them to compete in other conditions and as a fan, right now I have zero desire to see the group stage.
In the end this debate will come back one way or another I guess.
At least we have 13 SL :drool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I am quite disappointed to be honest.
For the club because it allowed them to compete in other conditions and as a fan, right now I have zero desire to see the group stage.
In the end this debate will come back one way or another I guess.
At least we have 13 SL :drool:
Soon to be 14! :drool:

led_scholes

Real's business plan the last 20 years is truly amazing:

Step 1: inflate the market by overspending
Step 2: get a bail out from the spanish state
Step 3: overspend
Step 4: realize that others can spend as much as you
Step 5: create a superleague so you cant go bankrupt
Step 6: ask for a bail out again, etc.

First Franco, and now this snake. The truly have some magnificent people around the club.

PS; of course Perez is nowhere close to a dictator's crimes.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not just us. There's 12 clubs in it. You think they do this like this, now, for a lark?
my comment was tongue in cheek, but he seems to be the driving force and it all felt so ill-prepared and rushed

el3mel

How will he manage to save face after this debacle ? He looks completely shit in everyone's eyes now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
my comment was tongue in cheek, but he seems to be the driving force and it all felt so ill-prepared and rushed
Agree, They should have all given a press conference, or at least join Laporta and Agnelli. That interview yesterday was a mistake, everything was very hasty. Tonight's interview is going to be the titanic and directed to the socio I guess.Although knowing his ego...who knows

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Some Twitter accounts are saying UEFA will be giving 4000 million euros more next season. Does anyone know anything about this? Sounds too good to be true.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm fully expecting Perez to come out of the meeting saying the whole thing is still on like Donkey Kong as if he were that former Iraqi minister of information.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He's not there. He's in a meeting with the other clubs.

I am listening to the radio station though. They just said they've been working on this project for 3 years now.
3 years and his speech the other night still sounded like an old guy rambling in a care home. He should have practiced it a bit more... and had lessons on "How not to sound like a greedy tw@t, for beginners"

90 + 5min

Over to the savior.

Comments? 100%? What can you assure football people this time?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's gotta go to Barca and get something, and let me tell you now, I will love it if they beat him, love it

el3mel

Serves the twat right. He's in an awful position now in front of the world.