Florentino Pérez: The saviour of football.

BlueHaze

Florentino Perez is honestly one of the greediest scum to walk this earth. His whole life is only about money. Thank god most people on this earth are not only about greed like him.

Ixion

I don't like that either. Eventually it will make leagues lose a great part of their appeal, so I guess some middle ground will be reached eventually.
If it were changed to be the bottom club of the two groups gets relegated and the 2 positions go into some play-off tournament for the winners of the various leagues, I think the reaction would be massively different. Even if in reality that would still be very unfair.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don't think Perez believes any of this saving football nonesense. What the issue is, is that Corona has hit Real superhard and he has fecked Real with the debt and he now needs to find some money sharpish to avoid collapse. This is the only card he can play as if this doesn't go through they're completely fecked. Same applies to Barca and Inter.

Fortunately for them, they have three venture capitalists on English boards and Levy who loves nothing more than to throw his hat into any ring in thinks the big boys are to try to and make himself look like a player.

At this moment, they're lacking three founder members and City and Chelsea look to be waivering. If they go, it is down to 10 teams with three of those being Spurs, Le Arse and Milan who are all Ropey League teams.

EliotTheRed

Come on guys, he’s saving football because of financial ruin and a “lack of interest in the game” by creating a cash cow that will guarantee hundreds of millions, if not billions.

It’s funny how he’s said that youngsters aren’t interested in football but has also said football is a global sport that has over 4 billion fans.

Yes, the pandemic has affected every club because of the lack of fans, match day revenue results in millions of pounds/euros of income every season - that will come back once fans are allowed to return in their tens of thousands. However, his club, and countless others, is in financial ruin because of over spending on transfers, agents and wages.

His answer? Create a new league/cup system that guarantees a slice of billions shared between a select group of clubs. This in turn will enable players to ask for even more wages, inflate transfer fees and increase agents fees too surely?

It’s the same problem, they say money has ruined the game, so he wants to throw even more at it. If it all goes tits up, and I appreciate I’m speaking here as if it’s going ahead - I don’t think it will, then with even more monetary losses it would result in these historic and traditional clubs going bust.

Well done that man(!)

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Well well well, it looks like Florentino was right about UEFA not being able to kick out the teams from the CL & EL. If it isn’t blatantly obvious that the teams are bigger than UEFA itself by now, then I don’t know when it will be tbh.

Champagne Football

Then why are City asked?
I think it's a case of them not wanting to be left out, just in case the new league thing was a success, but I think they'd be quite happy to keep things going as they are, slowly getting a stronger grip on a monopoly of the league and eventually the CL. The fact Ceferin and the PSG owner are best mates on the UEFA executive board together also probably doesn't sit well with many club owners in Europe.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Florentino Perez is honestly one of the greediest scum to walk this earth. His whole life is only about money. Thank god most people on this earth are not only about greed like him.
Is he greedy for wanting to save his business from losing money every year and falling into bankrupcy?
You're acting like he's currently making profit and just wants for more.

OverratedOpinion

Well well well, it looks like Florentino was right about UEFA not being able to kick out the teams from the CL & EL. If it isn’t blatantly obvious that the teams are bigger than UEFA itself by now, then I don’t know when it will be tbh.
I believe the ESL teams have extremely firm legal footing, as much as they are greedy ****** (don't even know what that censors. Take your pick, all swear words fit) they would not have done this without a good degree of due diligence.

The collective wealth and influence of the owners of these clubs absolutely dwarfs UEFA and it is not even close, not even the same solar system.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It really is incredibly that after all the shit Bartomeu has pulled, Perez still managed to outcunt him. Stunning late game winner by the Prez.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo

Excellent video about how the soul of football has been slowly ripped apart from the game for decades. All these presidents of the Super League founding clubs have been presidents of their clubs for a long time. They don't care about the competitiveness of the sport, they don't care about local supporters, they only care about money and would gladly make the stadiums be completely filled only by rich tourists. They would gladly even end their clubs if it meant them becoming far, far richer. It's pure greed. Maybe if there is one good thing about th Super League, it maybe it raising awareness of the deep issues of the clubs' boards, UEFA and FIFA in decades. Right now, there is no way that a club can become elite through hard work and merit, the only way is money from sheikhs.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
biggest player in the whole business of football over the last decades, hate him or love him
He is a big player in the game, no doubt, but it looks like he overestimated his own importance by quite a bit.

Wayne's World

Any interview with this prick tonight? Want to see his face in despair...

Now hopefully Real Madrid go under next....

United Junkie

Perez, Perez, Perez.... what about the Americans from JP-Morgan. They are the true evil genius masterminds behind this. These immoral psycho's have invested up to 5 billion dollars to destroy European football. Perez is just a streetboss for the yanks. At least Perez tries too help his club from any financial prediciments.

Last edited:

cyberman

He can actually go since he needs reelection, he has fecked himself.

Red Star One

He died for our sins and effectively made a deep reform inevitable. Not one has contributed to football as much as him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's not very surprising is it? It's like any business, I have my own, but if I decide to get rid of my best workers, I'm not going to do very well for a while, am I? Any business is somewhat beholden to its employees, although you would never be able to tell in my country (USA).

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Sun Tzu.

Threesus

It's not very surprising is it? It's like any business, I have my own, but if I decide to get rid of my best workers, I'm not going to do very well for a while, am I? Any business is somewhat beholden to its employees, although you would never be able to tell in my country (USA).
Whaaaat? You are from the USA? I thought you were from France.

Phil Osophy

At least the knockout system has been entertaining. You have to give credit to the man.