Florentino Pérez: The saviour of football.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Haha,I guess we will get a nice referee :lol:
:rolleyes:

We got the SuperLeague president we needed not the one we wanted. :lol:

Anyway wonder what he's going to say or if he's giving any interviews any time soon for that matter.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
:rolleyes:

We got the SuperLeague president we needed not the one we wanted. :lol:

Anyway wonder what he's going to say or if he's giving any interviews any time soon for that matter.
I think if there is a comunicado oficial they have to say things clearly.
Explain well why he wants a break, what happens with the distribution of money and what is happening with uefa and fifa. Yesterday he spoke of the lack of transparency of the institutions but left crumbs, such as the salary of Ceferin.

tomaldinho1

Given the state Real, Barca, AC and Juve’s finances are in I wouldn’t be surprised if Perez is ploughing ahead and forms ‘Club Med’

ChaddyP

Not going to lie... After seeing his interview i felt more reassured that the esl wouldn't happen. I went from thinking it was a "Money Heist" style scheme with everything planned out and all possible scenarios thought out to thinking it looked like it was something they looked to have scrambled together in couple weeks.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Go do your interview with MARCA and get yourself photoshopped as the good guy.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Can't believe I'll be supporting Chelski in the CL now. Jeez.

Gasolin

But this must feel special a bit for Perez now. He told us no one could leave, who's left even?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think if there is a comunicado oficial they have to say things clearly.
Explain well why he wants a break, what happens with the distribution of money and what is happening with uefa and fifa. Yesterday he spoke of the lack of transparency of the institutions but left crumbs, such as the salary of Ceferin.

Yeah, there's a lot of explaining to do, specially from him as representative of all the clubs involved in this. Then if they really care about 'saving football' hope they still will push for a change to take place, although not in the form of their own superleague.

Florentino now.
:lol:

How will he manage to save face after this debacle ? He looks completely shit in everyone's eyes now.
These types of people just plough on regardless. Don’t care what anyone thinks. At least Woody saw he needed to go, Perez will cling to power no matter what.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Surely Real can get a better President that this guy?
A lot of Real Madrid fans are still defending him. Mostly because they think that Real Madrid is entitled to be the biggest football club forever and no pesky up-start English team should be in a position to threaten Real's dominance.

Of all the fanbase, the Real Madrid fans are probably the most plastic fanbase of all.

Denis79

These types of people just plough on regardless. Don’t care what anyone thinks. At least Woody saw he needed to go, Perez will cling to power no matter what.
You think Woody left on his own accord? Not saying it's the case but I got a feeling he was made to leave so the Glazers could save face.

Foxbatt

A lot of Real Madrid fans are still defending him. Mostly because they think that Real Madrid is entitled to be the biggest football club forever and no pesky up-start English team should be in a position to threaten Real's dominance.

Of all the fanbase, the Real Madrid fans are probably the most plastic fanbase of all.
They were at one time. I really hope they continue with the Super League thing on their own. They deserve an imbecile like Perez.

You think Woody left on his own accord? Not saying it's the case but I got a feeling he was made to leave so the Glazers could save face.
Given it was so quick, I think it was his decision, and especially as he’s leaving at the end of the year. I would assume his links to JP Morgan would have helped with the financing element.

He’s certainly the sacrifice, whether it came from him or the Glazers, I don’t think we will ever know - as clearly the Glazers are happy with what he’s done over the past 7/8 years.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
They were at one time. I really hope they continue with the Super League thing on their own. They deserve an imbecile like Perez.
Looking at the Real Madrid Reddit page is fun, because of the fanbase being split on whether they think Perez is a good President for them. To be fair to the Madristas, some of them are against the Super League. A whole bunch of Perez supporters are crying about corrupt UEFA and how oil clubs is ruining their chances of staying at the top of football and buying every big name players.

I can't say I'm a fan of people who thinks they have an inherent right to sign every big name player there is. Just because they are Real Madrid.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I think the reason why the spanish clubs haven't withdrawn is because they'll sue the others for breach of contract worth hundreds of millions. You don't sign a contract one day going into hundreds of pages and withdraw the next day without consequences.

You can bet your arse our transfer kitty will be going to madrid and barcelona.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the reason why the spanish clubs haven't withdrawn is because they'll sue the others for breach of contract worth hundreds of millions. You don't sign a contract one day going into hundreds of pages and withdraw the next day without consequences.

they won't see a penny from us or the other English teams, I guarantee it.

Denis79

Given it was so quick, I think it was his decision, and especially as he’s leaving at the end of the year. I would assume his links to JP Morgan would have helped with the financing element.

He’s certainly the sacrifice, whether it came from him or the Glazers, I don’t think we will ever know - as clearly the Glazers are happy with what he’s done over the past 7/8 years.
Good point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

I don't really see it. Even if they had persisted with this it would have been a clusterfeck as big as Brexit (relatively speaking). Their lawyers probably gave them a good overview, but I doubt anyone knew for certain how this would have played out had UEFA, FIFA or the domestic leagues gone nuclear or if goverments had gotten involved. I don't think anyone would have signe a contract that would have opened themselves up to that kind of risk and also denied any way out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely Real can get a better President that this guy?
They loved him when he first came in getting in likes of Figo and Zidane from 2000 onwards. Then the whole Galacticos thing crashed and burned like this idea so he resigned. Ramon Calderon signed likes of Ronaldo I think and then Perez came back shortly afterwards IIRC.

Lots of european cups in his two spells though which is all that really matters at Real Madrid.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
They loved him when he first came in getting in likes of Figo and Zidane from 2000 onwards. Then the whole Galacticos thing crashed and burned like this idea so he resigned. Ramon Calderon signed likes of Ronaldo I think and then Perez came back shortly afterwards IIRC.

Lots of european cups in his two spells though which is all that really matters at Real Madrid.
Entitled glory hunter fanbase deserve what they get.

Foxbatt

The UEFA President called him a snake. I do not mind Barca but this is the Real Madrid that was supported by a Facist, Franco. The city of Madrid was funding them illegally all those years.

Gasolin

Not a single chance in my opinion. Especially now that the UK is out of the EU, this is definitely never happening. Plus, the league was not viable.

Foxbatt

This is going to the courts. Huge sums will be spent on lawyers aswell.
It will be as void ab initio the moment the UEFA, FIFA, The Spanish Federation the FA and the British Government got involved.

Number32

People forget he is the one to be blamed for the financial crisis on big football clubs, not the pandemic.

This is the domino effect of his ambtious project 1st Los Galacticos back in early 2000. I mean, Moratti was also wanted to make a super team with Inter, but Perez introduce a blue print of big transfer fee, high wages, and commercials revenue from palyers.

Some billionare businessmen who saw this as the future prospect of sport industry take his blue print to create the new super team, then we have the era of crazy money controlling the football world for the last 20 years. Greedy UEFA or FIFA is inevitable due to the domino effect how much money that have spent in football.

Now, Perez is talking about he is the good guy who wants to save football? :lol:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
People forget he is the one to be blamed for the financial crisis on big football clubs, not the pandemic.

This is the domino effect of his ambtious project 1st Los Galacticos back in early 2000. I mean, Moratti was also wanted to make a super team with Inter, but Perez introduce a blue print of big transfer fee, high wages, and commercials revenue from palyers.

Some billionare businessmen who saw this as the future prospect of sport industry take his blue print to create the new super team, then we have the era of crazy money controlling the football world for the last 20 years. Greedy UEFA or FIFA is inevitable due to the domino effect how much money that have spent in football.

Now, Perez is talking about he is the good guy who wants to save football? :lol:
Morratti went completely ballistic in the 90s. Inter back then spent 350million € on players
They spent the most of all clubs in the 90s and almost 4 times as much as Utd

Foxbatt

someone needs to stick something up his hasenhuttl.

Number32

Morratti went completely ballistic in the 90s. Inter back then spent 350million € on players
They spent the most of all clubs in the 90s and almost 4 times as much as Utd
Yeah, Moratti was Roman before Roman himself, he invested in football like a mad man from the 90's.