Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul [Confirmed Feb 20, 2021]

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Buy early as the PPV price skyrockets at the end of December

“The fight, which has been widely described as something of a monstrosity in sporting terms, will be streamed on the pay-per-view platform FanMio, and tickets are currently available for $24.99 (just under £19).

That's decent value, depending on your definition of the word, but if you wait any longer than the price gets much, much higher. That's because the pricing is structured as such that once a million tickets are sold, the basic price jumps to £39.99 (just over £30), before skyrocketing to £59.99 (£45) from December 29.

Leave it until after February 11 and you, dear reader, will have to pay a frankly exuberant fee of £69.99 (approximately £53) to watch Floyd Mayweather treat Paul like a punching bag.

So there you have it, if you want to watch this 'fight' for anything resembling a reasonable fee, you're better off getting in there early.”

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-ppv...YRwutGNTT7jcZ1YY9pHLMhM7M4rhKynMwEf6RjUQlDjd4

MalcolmTucker

It would be interesting to see if Floyd can get by on instinct and experience alone. Given the difference in standing reach, if Paul even has decent reflexes, it would be hard for Floyd to even get in the proximity to land hits.
Dear god I hope you're joking. The only punches Logan lands are the ones Floyd lets him. Floyd's beaten professional boxers that are the same height as Logan Paul, you really think a youtuber is going to cause him any sort of problem?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Dear god I hope you're joking. The only punches Logan lands are the ones Floyd lets him. Floyd's beaten professional boxers that are the same height as Logan Paul, you really think a youtuber is going to cause him any sort of problem?
I thought Paul was at least an amateur but yeah otherwise Floyd is too measured to get hit.

OleBoiii

It would be more fun if it was MMA. Logan, with his wrestling background, would have a good chance then. I believe he did some sparring/training with a professional MMA fighter and managed to keep up.

Then again Logan is a dick, so I wouldn't want him to win(unless Mayweather is a bigger dick).

TrustInOle

the same people who paid for the Tyson fight? That must be available on YouTube now, I’ll have to give that a watch at some point.

just shows how unattractive the current crop of fighters are when this crap gets an audience.
Don't think that's the case, Tyson's is hoping towards charitable causes, as is this I imagine. The only reason the social media "darlings" are having this much traction is through their own fan base.

I wouldn't fault the boxing talent out there evidenced by these exhibition matches. I would say the rise of MMA may be the biggest factor.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This will be as scripted as WWE. It'll be 5/6 gentle rounds of sparring. Mayweather will consent to taking a few messy flurries of punches that will land on his shoulders just so Snoop Dogg can act excited on commentary. Logan Paul will request that Mayweather doesn't bust his face up. They'll take home millions for a piss-take.

Andrew~

Is Mayweather going to add this to his list of wins? :confused:

He must really be in the red if he's willing to involve himself in something like this.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It'll go just like Mayweather v Mcgregor, only 10x worse.

He will ghost around him for a few rounds just punch and moving, then turn it on in the last few rounds.

I'd be amazed of Paul even hits him cleanly :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't know who you knock for this kind of thing seeing the light of day except the guillable buyers who pay and entertain it.

All involved will make a fortune for nothing; if these fights become a thing, more boxers are going to take the cheque. Whatever Floyd's financial situation, taking home however many million he will for this nonsense is not going to be a prospect to turn his nose up at.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I literally can't believe the ignorance in this thread. Mayweather won't even break a sweat beating this clown.

How ridiculous. Mayweather will never let him win, but he will make it look semi competitive for the entertainment factor. I think a knockout near the end after some 'close' opening rounds.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
This is like Messi in a 1 on 1 against someone who makes keepy uppy videos.

Oggmonster

Is Mayweather going to add this to his list of wins? :confused:

He must really be in the red if he's willing to involve himself in something like this.
Probably not, the fight against Tenshin Nasukawa isn't counted so this won't be either.

I think no one really knows with Mayweather, I think he just gets offered these ridiculously easy pay days so why not take them. It is shite etc for the sport but he's not arsed about that.

cyberman

Imagine Floyd slips and Logan gets an unfairly registered knockdown

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
How bad does a mismatch have to get before the authorities get involved? Like, could you arm one of the fighters with a baseball bat? Because if Mayweather chooses to, he could seriously hurt his opponent here.
They're both professionals tbf

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm gonna be brutally honest and say if this fight is sub 20 quid I'll probably buy it :lol:

Andrew~

Probably not, the fight against Tenshin Nasukawa isn't counted so this won't be either.

I think no one really knows with Mayweather, I think he just gets offered these ridiculously easy pay days so why not take them. It is shite etc for the sport but he's not arsed about that.
Agreed it's a pretty easy pay day but if you consider the amount of money he's made over the course of his career, it's not that much. Hence why I say he must be in the red. With the amount of cash he's earned, he could sit in his bed for 6 months and make millions through investments alone. There is no personal or professional pride in it for him, so why even bother? His spending must be out of control and he's in negative equity if he's going to waste his time with something like this.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Floyd's going to show some of genius in actually making this look competitive to those who don't know what's going on with plenty of non-registering shots hitting his shoulders, forearms and elbows whilst it looks like Paul is doing something of note in there until he tires himself out.

I don't think there's a better fighter to carry another than Floyd - he'll put on a show for as many rounds as necessary. The worst thing Paul can do is land a hit. Now that would be where things could take a nosedive and have these silly exhibitions canned once and for all.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Agreed it's a pretty easy pay day but if you consider the amount of money he's made over the course of his career, it's not that much. Hence why I say he must be in the red. With the amount of cash he's earned, he could sit in his bed for 6 months and make millions through investments alone. There is no personal or professional pride in it for him, so why even bother? His spending must be out of control and he's in negative equity if he's going to waste his time with something like this.
It keeps his name at the forefront and sets up more of these easy earners in the future. I think you're underestimating the potential earning power of these things, especially with how savvy a negotiater Floyd is.

Dr. Dwayne

It keeps his name at the forefront and sets up more of these easy earners in the future. I think you're underestimating the potential earning power of these things, especially with how savvy a negotiater Floyd is.
In fairness, I reckon there's a lot of people who'll tune in just to watch Logan Paul get his ass kicked.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In fairness, I reckon there's a lot of people who'll tune in just to watch Logan Paul get his ass kicked.
True, but Floyd also made a career out of Mexicans hoping for the same of him, and no doubt, in these contests, the same people will live in hope, too, and tune in on the strength of that, praying a lucky one gets through and sparks him.

I don't know much about Logan Paul or his fame, but it's funny if he's as hated in his circle as Floyd is in his - people praying one of them sparks the other! :lol:

Dr. Dwayne

True, but Floyd also made a career out of Mexicans hoping for the same of him, and no doubt, in these contests, the same people will live in hope, too, and tune in on the strength of that, praying a lucky one gets through and sparks him.

I don't know much about Logan Paul or his fame, but it's funny if he's as hated in his circle as Floyd is in his - people praying one of them sparks the other! :lol:
Indeed, this bout sounds like a marketing dream!

Andrew~

Fair enough. Just seems crazy to me that he even bothers. That being said I also don't get who's paying money to watch fights like this either, so what do I know!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Fair enough. Just seems crazy to me that he even bothers. That being said I also don't get who's paying money to watch fights like this either, so what do I know!
If you combine his earnings for fights the opponent has no hope of winning in these exhibition bouts, it's an amazing revenue stream with room for growth as he's fed the next one a a year or whatever down the line. I would bet he's more hands on than just what he's getting for being in the ring with them, too. If this really does become a thing, he'll have his fingers all over it and hands in all the proverbial pies.

He's smarter than given credit for, really.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
No idea why people bother watching these type of fights. It's a non-contest, with both parties just trying to make money out of suckers.

Panther

Exhibition matches in boxing have been a thing for decades now, same with celebrities doing boxing, the only difference now is that these fights will get more publicity. There's no harm in it and I'm sure it's gonna be entertaining for a lot of people, so who really cares to be honest.

The only people who are really going to be offended about this fight happening are people who are against fame found on digital media, such as social media and YouTube as opposed to traditional ways like TV, music or film. I'm sure the same people wouldn't be as bothered if Will Smith was boxing against Floyd.

Oggmonster

How bad does a mismatch have to get before the authorities get involved? Like, could you arm one of the fighters with a baseball bat? Because if Mayweather chooses to, he could seriously hurt his opponent here.
It's an exhibtion fight there will probably be loads of unwritten rules that Mayweather will agree to and then end it when he wants.

In general though boxing comissions are probably some of the most corrupt people out there, chuck money at someone and they'll keep their mouth shut. There's been plenty of fights over the years that shouldn't of happened.

If you combine his earnings for fights the opponent has no hope of winning in these exhibition bouts, it's an amazing revenue stream with room for growth as he's fed the next one a a year or whatever down the line. I would bet he's more hands on than just what he's getting for being in the ring with them, too. If this really does become a thing, he'll have his fingers all over it and hands in all the proverbial pies.

He's smarter than given credit for, really.
Yeah I find it odd people pass him off as this idiot cos 50 Cent said he couldn't read basically.

He's a pretty smart businessman, backed himself and bought himself out of his contract with Bob Arum to promote himself and made a fortune, got 100 million + to fight McGregor and it sold huge numbers, gets paid still for these easy fights and it does get people talking about him still and he probably has to do very little work for it. I think we'll see him do a few more of these to be fair.

THe last one he did he was in awful shape and he ended it pretty quickly not exactly hard work.

No idea why people bother watching these type of fights. It's a non-contest, with both parties just trying to make money out of suckers.
This is said a lot when stuff like this happens and I've said it myself. Take away fans of Logan Paul and on paper there's not much interest.

The reality is people will want to watch it cos it's probably a bit of a laugh. Will have a few mates round, get some beers in and it's just funny to watch. They will also suspend their disbelief for a bit and think Paul might have a chance. It's all pretty harmless fun I suppose, they're not passing it off as a world title fight or anything just an exhibition bout. There will probably be some trash talk and if people fall for that then more fool them I suppose but that's the case with 99% of fights in any sport.

Classical Mechanic

Exhibition matches in boxing have been a thing for decades now, same with celebrities doing boxing, the only difference now is that these fights will get more publicity. There's no harm in it and I'm sure it's gonna be entertaining for a lot of people, so who really cares to be honest.
Longer than that. Exhibition fights have been common in boxing since the start. 100 years ago the top fighters would tour the US taking on the local tough guy in each town they stopped in. They'd 'carry' their opponent for some rounds to give the customer's value before knocking them out.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mike Tyson vs The Big Show next please