Gaming FM 2008 - Caf Network Game

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still waiting on

gh78
DanNistelrooy
Utd heap

if they don't choose a team soon we'll begin without them.

Might be able to start tonight, I'm not sure if I'll be in or not yet.

The 80% thing sounds good, theres 8 of us so far with teams.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh and also no more people please. Gonna be too many otherwise.

Woodzy

It should be fun providing people can handle a slow drawn out game. I've played a network game with just one mate and we've spent about two hours on the transfer period alone in the past. We set our friendlies to be played by our assistant managers which helps, otherwise it would take even longer before the league began. Force continue of some form would be good. There's alot of different options for force continue like a time limit, or im sure there's an option that forces a continue after a certain percentage of players have continued.

Woodzy

By the way is anybody going to subscribe to Football Manager Live when it is released?
Definitely. I wasn't interested in it at all till the start of this week, then i read a beta review and apparently you'll never want to play a standard Football Manager game again after playing live.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Definitely. I wasn't interested in it at all till the start of this week, then i read a beta review and apparently you'll never want to play a standard Football Manager game again after playing live.
I know, sounds brilliant, we can get a Caf league going, that would kick ass:D

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Middlesborough for me.
I can play after 11:00 PM tonight?
Not sure if this will work to be hinest, give it a go anyway.

Addict

For all who have FM 2008, this is the post for the Network game we'll be starting. Below are the people in it and soon to be their teams, we need to devise a method of picking teams.

Participants:

Solius - Tottenham
gh78 -
DanNistelrooy -
Utd heap -
michaelness - Aston Villa
RedDevil#26655 - Portsmouth
Ivor Ballokov - City
GE (most likely) - Newcastle
PSmith - Everton
SmashedHombre - Blackburn
esmufc07 - West Ham
Woodzy - Wigan

Teams Allowed:

Premiership Team, cannot have Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal

Leaves 16 teams to be chosen, you may be Derby if your up for a challenge :houllier:.

I myself would like to be Tottenham, if anyone else wants them say so and we'll negotiate. Else not state the team you wish to have below.

EDIT: Also make sure you all have update 8.0.2 as thats the database we'll be using.
just seen that someone has picked boro

pick me a random team please:D

nvm just seen no more people

gh78

I'll take Fulham if you haven't started already.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Will be able to start this tonight, how many people will be on? We need to set up all the managers so I'm going to create the game now and we'll all join over the course of the day but we can't start yet.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Will be able to start this tonight, how many people will be on? We need to set up all the managers so I'm going to create the game now and we'll all join over the course of the day but we can't start yet.
I imagine I'll be on the Caf around 10/11pm, so I can join then.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
10.0.1.198 / 82.45.247.43

The server address for you all to join

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Do I have to be on the game for people to join it?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've just tried to join and it says unable to connect to server.

I'l try again later.
Hmm, I had that with as friend when we tried it before. I have ports opened and stuff, shouldn't be a problem, maybe someone else should make the game?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok well I was on it when you two tried to join, someone else try making one.

CrazyBelgian

Quick tip for the one that hosts: in the preference screen click on the network tab and check the "use as server" option if you haven't done that.

You might want to look at the other options in that screen too.

Too bad I can't play, got to study again in 5 minutes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Quick tip for the one that hosts: in the preference screen click on the network tab and check the "use as server" option if you haven't done that.

You might want to look at the other options in that screen too.
Yeah I ticked that.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Ok never mind I just opened my FM box to discover the disc isnt in there. Guess I'm out. Well my Blackburn team is up for grabs then

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I can play after i've wathced the replay of the Giggs program, so a bit after 11.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wouldnt even know how. Is using a router going to cause any problems for this by the way?
I don't think so.

You go to Network > New Game

and from there just set up the game, us other managers join once it's made.

CrazyBelgian

From the faq I posted (http://footballmanager.neoseeker.com/network_games_faq/):

When I try to connect a pop up saying "unable to connect to server" what do I do? Top ^

Answer:

The host or someone connecting has not forwarded ports for their router so will be unable to join. Refer to "I'm having problems hosting/joining a network game" for information on how to forward ports.

So I think you have to forward the ports, look in the faq how to do it.

Good luck and enjoy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I read the bit about where I have two IP's with a space between em, it said the seoncd one is what you use so try

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
It's alright, you should win. I already managed to get you a good deal for Santa Cruz- I traded him for Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu. And if PSmith denies it then scratch his eyes out, because hes lying.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It's alright, you should win. I already managed to get you a good deal for Santa Cruz- I traded him for Arteta, Cahill and Yakubu. And if PSmith denies it then scratch his eyes out, because hes lying.
Good work.
I'll send the players girlfriends in your direction when we're playing away.