Gaming FM 2008 - Caf Network Game

Woodzy

82.45.247.43 doesn't work for me either. My router settings etc. are definately correct as well as far as i know, because a mate joined my game some time last week.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok well does somebody else want to try and be the host?

Woodzy

Ok well does somebody else want to try and be the host?
I could try, but my computer speed is average until i get my other computer back from my student residence next month. My connection also cuts out now again, which would mean everyone playing could end up being disconnected in the middle of a game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I could try, but my computer speed is average until i get my other computer back from my student residence next month. My connection also cuts out now again, which would mean everyone playing could end up being disconnected in the middle of a game.
Worth trying unless somebody else can do it.

Woodzy

okay then. 79.77.106.143

Give that a try. I'll leave it running for the next hour just so we can get everybody into the game, then we'll talk about starting the game properly. If my connection disconnects at any point (only does it once a night, if that) you made need a new IP off me, which i'll post here but hopefully it wont happen. Also, if it does happen, the game will still be running my end so no save games will be lost or anything, at worst if it hapens mid game the AI will play out the rest of your games for you.

It's probably best if we use this thread to discuss what's going on during a game, because the in game chat thing is a bit crap.

The Flying Potato

okay then. 79.77.106.143

Give that a try. I'll leave it running for the next hour just so we can get everybody into the game, then we'll talk about starting the game properly. If my connection disconnects at any point (only does it once a night, if that) you made need a new IP off me, which i'll post here but hopefully it wont happen. Also, if it does happen, the game will still be running my end so no save games will be lost or anything, at worst if it hapens mid game the AI will play out the rest of your games for you.

It's probably best if we use this thread to discuss what's going on during a game, because the in game chat thing is a bit crap.
no luck:(

Woodzy

My mate just joined my other game to test it and got on fine enough. Have you all followed the router configuration steps etc. and opened whatever ports?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My mate just joined my other game to test it and got on fine enough. Have you all followed the router configuration steps etc. and opened whatever ports?
Which ports would need to be opened?

Woodzy

Okay. IP is still 79.77.106.143

You may have a windows firewall switched on without realising sicne one comes with windows.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm using a mac, I managed to open the ports because I had a problem connecting with FIFA before but got it working, so iI know how to do it but it's still not connecting.

Woodzy

Did you unblock? I really don't know what the problem would be. Getting online has never been easy with this game though. We could just try another host.

Woodzy

Try once more guys, i just changed something in my router settings.

If it doesn't work now then we may as well try another host.

Edit - Someone's in!

Woodzy

Right. It definately works because RedDevil is in. I'll keep the game running for the rest of the night so we can get everyone joined etc. even if we don't play. Playing games from then on should be a breeze.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Whahey I'm in, nice.

For future references what did you change Woodzy?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Right something is happening because previously it kept coming up that I cannot join a game but when I try now the ball just stays there (While it tries to load) but it isn't doing anything.

Your IP address also goes in my recent servers box