Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Season 12 begins

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Yeah when you go up this season (hopefully) you should find it comfortable to stay up. Think I need one or two more signings in order to have that since my first two signings were more here and now players.
We’re hoping that us realising buying proven is more expensive and also won’t help us stay up if we get promoted too soon will mean once we go up we stay up.

I’ve no idea about our back line other than Diomande is quality best player in the championship and should be fine for PL.

Hughes is a PL relegation player so will do for now. Anderson is a decent pick up. Scott should be good for the price he’s at (although we wanted Gray but Alto got lucky and his transfer team got him).

Steve is (now he’s English) going to light up the league soon (already scoring and POTM) Moore is developing well and Moukoko should be developing well.

Still lots to work on also how on earth is Cashin on 235,000 a week? Is he really good?

Grief 30
O’Shea 28 Diomande 24 Cashin 26 Pedersen 31
Hughes 32
Anderson 25 Scott 24
Steve 20 Moukoko 23 Moore 20​

That age range should mean by the time we have to invest heavily in players we’ll have our best attackers in their peaks meaning we should be competitive in the PL.

Anyone who was signed in their 20s will just be starting to fade potentially.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Makes sense. I'm in two minds about what to do next. I know what position I want but not sure about age. Will see when I get the list through.
Well tell you ours if you tell us yours.

I keep asking Solius about a handful of players I really want and we’ve never been able to buy them due to rep.

We literally got Scott because he was the only player on my list that would join us :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We’re hoping that us realising buying proven is more expensive and also won’t help us stay up if we get promoted too soon will mean once we go up we stay up.

I’ve no idea about our back line other than Diomande is quality best player in the championship and should be fine for PL.

Hughes is a PL relegation player so will do for now. Anderson is a decent pick up. Scott should be good for the price he’s at (although we wanted Gray but Alto got lucky and his transfer team got him).

Steve is (now he’s English) going to light up the league soon (already scoring and POTM) Moore is developing well and Moukoko should be developing well.

Still lots to work on also how on earth is Cashin on 235,000 a week? Is he really good?

Grief 30
O’Shea 28 Diomande 24 Cashin 26 Pedersen 31
Hughes 32
Anderson 25 Scott 24
Steve 20 Moukoko 23 Moore 20​

That age range should mean by the time we have to invest heavily in players we’ll have our best attackers in their peaks meaning we should be competitive in the PL.

Anyone who was signed in their 20s will just be starting to fade potentially.
I also wanted Gray. I did wonder though if you could bid for a player that another side has if that person didn't buy them...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well tell you ours if you tell us yours.

I keep asking Solius about a handful of players I really want and we’ve never been able to buy them due to rep.

We literally got Scott because he was the only player on my list that would join us :lol:
Yeah I've not seen anyone on the list apart from Paez that I'd really really want yet or I know are dead certs to be good on FM. I think it also depends because some of the players we have been picking up have dynamic potential in game. Plus unfortunately it depends how the AI use and develop them.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Isn't everyone just trying to build up to buy Haaland?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Yeah I've not seen anyone on the list apart from Paez that I'd really really want yet or I know are dead certs to be good on FM. I think it also depends because some of the players we have been picking up have dynamic potential in game. Plus unfortunately it depends how the AI use and develop them.
We got shown Yoro quite early on and we were very close to going for him as we both liked him but we agreed long term CBs won’t cost us as much as attackers so wanted to sort the front 3 out early.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Derby
Estevao £1.2m
Moore £23.5m
Moukoko £68.5m
Diomande £32m
Scott £94.5m

Total Spend £221.7m

Sunderland
Sesko £42.5m
Yamal £73.5m
Garnacho £116.5m
Mainoo £32m
Charlier £18m

Total spend £282.5m

Sheffield United
Pino £68.5m
Wahi £34m
Scalvini £64.5m
Frimpong £63.5m
Neves £60m

Total spend £290.5m

Bolton
Costa £0
Plata £13.4m
Balogun £33.25m
Paez £68.5m
Yoro £70.5m

Total spend £185.65m

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don’t want any City players on principle.

I’m waiting for someone to try and buy Mbappe or Bellingham.
More for the rest of us.

We got shown Yoro quite early on and we were very close to going for him as we both liked him but we agreed long term CBs won’t cost us as much as attackers so wanted to sort the front 3 out early.
I only did it because I got promoted otherwise I would have signed the position I want next. Thought a CB was the priority as our defence that got promoted was terrible really.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
More for the rest of us.

I only did it because I got promoted otherwise I would have signed the position I want next. Thought a CB was the priority as our defence that got promoted was terrible really.
Based on your signings I’d put money on it being a CM?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How about in addition to signing a player each summer, we can choose to lifetime deal another (i.e block their sale)

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
How about in addition to signing a player each summer, we can choose to lifetime deal another (i.e block their sale)
Na it should just be if you’ve bought a player personally and they are sold then you get to buy a replacement.

I don’t think we should be able to fully control the squad in this iteration because you’re then changing the conditions of the experiment.

altodevil

I think club owners should be able to block the sale of any player

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
System is good how it is but think the ability to have a clear out around now would be good as the AI are terrible at squad building in general in the game, let alone when you give them a ton of money.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Notable winter transfers

Sunderland signed Henry Kone (19 yo CB regen) and Adam Karabec (24 yo CAM) and then loaned both Joao Gomes & Jacob Ramsey. They sold Chris Rigg and Marcus Tavernier among others.

Sheff Utd signed Konrad Laimer, Rodrigo Mora (AML) and Fran Garcia (LB).

Bolton spent about £55m on people I've never heard of, apart from Juan Mosquera (RB). They also sold Mason Holgate.

Derby loaned Ben Doak from Liverpool and also splashed out £19.5m on Leif Davis. Jesper Lindstrom also arrived for £13.75m.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh my god. I read Derby transfers as mine and was initially really happy. fecking Bolton. :( :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know who Ben Doak is. The other two no idea?
Davis is the Ipswich LB, good player and English which always helps in terms of registration. Lindstrom if the one im thinking of is the Napoli player, also good in game.

Season 5 - Run-In - 4th April 2028 New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 5 - Run-In - 4th April 2028

Yes you've read that right! Raheem Sterling is somehow the best player in the league in 2028. Oh and Sunderland are getting nosebleeds in the Top 4.

Has it all clicked at the perfect time for @altodevil's men? Sesko has been absolutely rampant and Garnacho is flying high too.

They've also reached the FA Cup Semi Final after beating Palace, Stoke, Newcastle (heh), and Wolves. They play Liverpool in the semi with one of Chelsea or Brighton potentially in the final. Crucially they also play Bolton on the last day of the season. Could @altodevil send @SilentWitness down?

Sheff Utd continue to consolidate their PL status but will want to aim higher from next season surely. They've still got an outside shot of Europe but it's doubtful.

Bolton looking very precarious. Just the 5 wins this season. They did reach the FA Cup Quarter Finals but were knocked out by Liverpool. Their remaining fixtures of Bournemouth (H), Brentford (A), Leeds (H), Villa (A), West Ham (H) and Sunderland (A) look ok on paper. The West Ham game could be very important.

@SilentWitness I swear to god if you go down when I'm finally about to only have one league to report on...

Derby looking good! Diomande dominating the league. Moukoko with 17 league goals and even Estevao having 5 starts!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
AI made some terrible signings. Can you send a manager list through? Ta.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Season 5 - Dec to April Caf Matchups

Tight game and Bolton edged the xG but clearly didn't have the clinical finishing that Sunderland possess.

Sheff Utd not a million miles away in terms of the stats but Sesko just slapping everyone down atm.

Sheff Utd showing no compassion for their fellow Caf owner.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Not looking so good for Bolton

altodevil

Incredible. But looks like we've been a bit lucky at least in the caf v caf games. Maybe I won't bin De Zerbi after all. Bolton look relegated sadly.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yup, I'm gone but it's about trying to get a manager in now who can hopefully bring me back up ASAP. Was torn between two but think this man is the right choice in terms of young talent.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Solid manager tbf, we did interview him but ultimately went with a different option.

altodevil

Could be just the ticket to lead you back to the PL at the first time of asking. Attacking football while managing a stacked team. Could see you breaking points record.

Season 5 - End New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The season is over!

Let's begin with the final match-up. The final day.

Bolton used up all their Caf vs Caf juice in the playoffs it seems.

And now let's see where everyone ended up!

Bolton survive! Despite @altodevil offering zero help on the final day, they had already done just about enough and stay up on goal difference. They may look back on an 87th minute Kendry Paez equaliser against Leeds which salvaged a point with 3 games to go. Poch has performed the great escape!

Sunderland are in Europe! It's the Conference League but it's a start. What a season for them with Sesko also winning the Golden Boot!

Sheffield Utd also finish in the top ten. Level on points and GD (l.ol) with Utd.

Sesko dies and Sunderland die also.

Derby are champions! Sheff Utd can no longer claim to be the only ones with a trophy. We finally have all 4 teams in the Prem next season!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
5 seasons in is good enough time as any for a clear-out.

I'll be sending you your full squad lists including players out on loan. You can then let me know which ones you want to bin and I'll work out how much money you get back from them and add it to your balance.

Take your time, got shit to do this afternoon so Season 6 won't start til Monday. I can send over screenshots for anything you need for the rest of today.

altodevil

Feck sake 2 points from UCL money, don't even get Europa League money. Pissed off.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh my god. :drool: New manager bounce coming in clutch.

Thanks Sol. Did you manage to take screenshot of unregistered players at all? No worries if not.