Football agent Mino Raiola dies after illness / not dead / who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Is he really a cnut? It is his job to act in his player's interest. That by definition puts him in conflict with the club.
Having third party ownership of players he's representing, as well as profiting of transfer moves directly, also puts him in conflict with his clients' interests (see Pogba).
There is no doubt that he's a cnut, and the football agent business badly needs regulating to make his harmful business model impossible.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
By this logic are the Glazers really cnuts?!! They are just businessmen looking for a return on their investment.
The answer to both is yes, obviously
I mean.. when you sell out your football clubs you can't blame the owners for trying to turn a profit, that's usually how buying things works in the real world.. So a lot of the hate for the Glazers is indeed hypocritical, as is the hate against Raiola for doing his job and getting his clients a bigger share of the revenue that football creates.

Dan-Utd

Of course he is not a cnut, it's the clubs who pay the money, they have the final say, they make that choice on whether to part with their cash or not.

In a nutshell, the big football clubs are responsible for allowing agents to somehow get deep into the game and make so much money.

EngimaMK

Careful, if you go near anyone with hemophilia you are going to potentially kill them with all those edges you have.
Hilarious. You suggest I'm an "Edge lord". I'm not. I just refuse to say RIP or Condolences on a random Internet forum to ill effect other than proving I'm a "nice guy". You are a wet blanket.

If Mino is alive, fine. If he is dead, fine. I honestly don't care. I know that may sound edgy to you but that is because you are a performative "good guy".

Well done little chap, pat on the head for you.

I'm not gonna RIP a random guy I don't know or have any affection for. What a weird thing to do.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hilarious. You suggest I'm an "Edge lord". I'm not. I just refuse to say RIP or Condolences on a random Internet forum to ill effect other than proving I'm a "nice guy". You are a wet blanket.

If Mino is alive, fine. If he is dead, fine. I honestly don't care. I know that may sound edgy to you but that is because you are a performative "good guy".

Well done little chap, pat on the head for you.

I'm not gonna RIP a random guy I don't know or have any affection for. What a weird thing to do.
The fact that you felt the need to relay your original message to begin with indicates fairly strongly that you are Edward Scissorhands. Sometimes the best thing you can do is consider what you are about to say, and wether or not its something that needs to be said. What you said was completely pointless and counterproductive to a positive environment.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Agents are parasites but they are hardly the only scum on the cesspool that is elite football. You don't need to care if they are sick or die but wishing it so or celebrating it if it does happen isn't appropriate in here.

It isn't like Trump died.

Grande

I mean.. when you sell out your football clubs you can't blame the owners for trying to turn a profit, that's usually how buying things works in the real world.. So a lot of the hate for the Glazers is indeed hypocritical, as is the hate against Raiola for doing his job and getting his clients a bigger share of the revenue that football creates.
Are you saying that the Irish tycoons Magnier and McManus hate the Glazers and put blame on them? I didn’t even know that, tbh.

I agree it would be hypocritical for a few other football agents to be critical of Raiola, and probably a decent amount of real estate agents and mob torpedoes too, but I’m not sure how many of these frequent this forum.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are you saying that the Irish tycoons Magnier and McManus hate the Glazers and put blame on them? I didn’t even know that, tbh.

I agree it would be hypocritical for a few other football agents to be critical of Raiola, and probably a decent amount of real estate agents and mob torpedoes too, but I’m not sure how many of these frequent this forum.
I was talking about the English football system in general. When clubs are privately owned they become assets and you "can't" really hate an owner for using his asset to make money. The same way I don't hate Raiola for playing the agent game better or at least more visibly than his colleagues. I think all that hate and anger towards him is misplaced and should be leveled at the institutions that made and kept it legal for him to do what he does.

Last edited:

Grande

I was talking about the English football system in general. When clubs are privately owned they become assets and you "can't" really hate an owner for using his asset to make money. The same way I don't hate Raiola for playing the agent game better or at least more visibly than his colleagues. I think all that hate and anger towards him is misplaced and should be leveled at the institutions that made and kept it legal for him to do what he does.
When it comes to targetting the systems and laws that uphold the shopping model as a way to run sports (and society) and invite the leeches to become the leaders, I agree. Though I don’t see it as an either/or. Even if leeching is allowed by law, that doesn’t make it ethically ok. Quite the opposite, consistently acting like an asshole towards others for egoistic reasons is to me a very good reason for calling someone an asshole and criticizing them.

Hate is a strong word, but anger is a feeling, not a moral declaration. People’s anger with the Glazers have more causes than reasons, but when you stage a hostile takeover, that is pretty clearly an act of hostility.

Not every valuable aspect of human relations can be regulated by law (in fact, that would be horrible), but I agree with those that say that both the ownership models in English football (and most other countries) and the possibility of a handful of agents and a few dozen footballers to dictate the organization of the worlds biggest sport based on their own appetite for money, should be regulated much, much more.

Revan

Assumptionman
Is he really a cnut? It is his job to act in his player's interest. That by definition puts him in conflict with the club.
His job is to maximize the profits for his client, and to ensure that his clients get the transfers they want. He does a very good job in both those cases.

It is incredibly stupid to think that he should have loyalty to random clubs. He shouldn't (and he doesn't). But he is a great agent for his clients.

BarstoolProphet

Waiting for him to confirm it on his Twitter account before I believe it.

Edit: actually was confirmed on his account:(

Status
Not open for further replies.