Football agent Mino Raiola dies after illness / not dead / who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Anyone that thinks the likes of Pogba and Haaland couldn’t get a transfer to United and City without Minos help, or that the £40(!) million paid to him sees the player earn more, is an idiot.

This thread has been a ride.

DeGea’sFeet

So he's back to being a cnut for now.
Reassuring that his tweeted a proper Raiola type tweet. Anything else and I’d think it was just one of his people covering up.

Wish him a speedy recovery. To those that take his stuff personally, it’s just business, and no doubt he is amongst the best at what he does and loved by his allies and hated by his business rivals. As a person don’t know him, but to be an agent you have to have great people skills and empathy.

EngimaMK

I wish he could feck off from my club, not from planet Earth ffs.
Do you care that much either way? I won't be taking out a hit on the man but if he did die then a shrug of the shoulders is all I could muster... Certainly not gushing condolences.

There are nearly 7 billion people on this planet, I'm not willing to pretend I'm sad whenever one of them dies, particularly one I never had much fondness for in life.

Performative respectfulness feels a bit of an overreach to me, but each to their own...

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Anyone that thinks the likes of Pogba and Haaland couldn’t get a transfer to United and City without Minos help, or that the £40(!) million paid to him sees the player earn more, is an idiot.

This thread has been a ride.
They or most of them cant get to where they are without Mino help from when they were kids and no one looked at them or give them contract.

Most successful agents financed them from when they're nobody, poorly trained, and no one to support them. These agents trust their assets, be it for financial reason or whatever they took that risk.

It's naive to think that players allegiance to him starts when they're making money. And they might be leeches to football fans but to their player they're their benevactor when they're nobody

Some even go the distance to support their poor family without any assurance they'd get their investment back if they dont make it.

What have the club give them? Nothing.

Big contract? Sure only if you're good. If you're not you're thrown in the rubbish bin.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can’t we leave these ‘is it ok to slag someone off when they die provided they’re a cnut?’ debates to the general forum?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Do you care that much either way? I won't be taking out a hit on the man but if he did die then a shrug of the shoulders is all I could muster... Certainly not gushing condolences.

There are nearly 7 billion people on this planet, I'm not willing to pretend I'm sad whenever one of them dies, particularly one I never had much fondness for in life.

Performative respectfulness feels a bit of an overreach to me, but each to their own...
Oh no RIP or such thing from me either. Wishing him drown in pizza is a bit much though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
So many precious people... "RIP" and "so sad".

:rolleyes:
Acknowledging the death of another human doesn't make you precious. Id rather a forum full of precious people that faux edgy guys like you though.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

It's not about feeling sad. Not feeling sad is understandable. We dont know him personally.

But there are people taking joy in seeing his demise, and all he does is good at what he's doing, making money. Which is fair play. He doesnt kidnap players and forced them at gun point by the way

AndySmith1990

Yes and no. They hate on vultures like Raiola, but gladly tolerate all different sorts of scavengers in the business. Vultures are a great example actually. They don’t do much else than other scavengers, like say a leopard or a raccoon. But vultures are the only ones with a bad reputation, while the other ones are cool and cute.
Raiola is no different from any other official in the business of football. He’s just being disliked because he’s making stuff more difficult for peoples favorite clubs (represented by other scavengers, but, you know, the right kind, those who work for us). That’s all there is, really.
Can't speak for others but I dislike him because of his exorbitant greed. That goes for everyone who is greedy and demands more than they need in life

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
What? How does an agent getting 25m in agent fees result in players making money? That money is going to an entity that has sod all to do with football. It is a middleman. It is dead money. Gone from the game.
Footballers are good at football but not the brightest when it comes to their finances. Agents represent the footballers best interest in securing their fair share for them. If they were such useless middlemen, players would not want agents. The only entity that's getting hurt by the agents are the club owners and execs who are sharing profits. This is why they spread "greedy agent" news all over.

It's like saying the money from a sports nutritionist is "gone from the game". It's not. Agents take a fee for fairer distribution of wealth.

DeGea’sFeet

There are mass murderers , rapist, pedos, war criminal etc. To hate and find joy from from the suffering of a businessman who’s practices haven’t even harmed anyone in the public is actually pretty low. What’s he done? Got the best for his clients and angered clubs, struck a hard bargain, made money for his clients and himself? Hardly a crime.

There’s what you’re criticising in your post, which is general human kindness. And there’s what you’re not condoning, eg hating a businessman and taking pleasure in his suffering which is actually abnormal. If I get talking to a stranger, and he/she tells me they’ve just lost someone close I’ll pass on my condolences. I won’t know the first thing about the stranger or who he’s lost. Now with Raiola, from what I know there is nothing really offensive about him on a personal level.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is he really a cnut? It is his job to act in his player's interest. That by definition puts him in conflict with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.