Football agent Mino Raiola dies after illness / not dead / who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Surprised that so many suddenly have respect for him. The guys an arsehole leeching millions off an industry for doing very little. Fighting for his life or being dead doesn’t change that.

Red Star One

Back to living. Pull that off, big man, time for some remontada and no time to die with all the juicy fees you’re getting this summer

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It was actually the binary nature of your response that prompted my twatty remark. In your mind you either like Raiola or enjoy seeing players struggle for minimum wage. There is no middle ground, as is the custom on the internet.

Good players would get paid with or without Raiola. It's supply and demand. He's just a smart capitalist who got obscenely rich by getting involved in said supply and demand.
I don't want to turn this into a political shit show, but supply and demand is in nature capitalize.
Its not like he changed the way things were before, he just was(is) good at his job, if he was to go someone else though probably less competent will take his place.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't want to turn this into a political shit show, but supply and demand is in nature capitalize.
Its not like he changed the way things were before, he just was(is) good at his job, if he was to go someone else though probably less competent will take his place.
Yeah that's actually exactly what I meant :)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'd actually prefer that football players / clubs / owners would not be paid vast sums of money at all. They're simple entertainers, reward them as such.

And yes, I know, capitalism, supply and demand. We all love capitalism, it's great and so is Mino Raiola the capitalism GOAT who did it all out of an altruistic sense of justice towards poor and hungry football players like Zlatan and De Ligt.
Like say movie stars, F1 drivers, should I carry on... Anyway not the thread for it.

Smithy89

People acting all said like their dog has just died, he's a football agent who wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire.

Mike Smalling

Wow, so smart and so funny. Tell the guys who had cardiac arrests while playing football that you prefer them getting peanuts playing for your club so you can cheer Ole’s at the wheel @Samid ..
I gotta admit, I did not expect Ole to be mentioned in this thread.

el3mel

I knew it was fake. Tancredi is a fraud and no big source reported it. Thank God I didn't jump the gun and posted the customary RIP just to look I did my job.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I hate the performative reaction when a famous person dies. Thousands will die today but because this guy leeches money off hard working fans for other famous people he's apparently deserving off widespread global mourning.

He doesn't deserve the respect from those that only know him via his leeching. I'm sure his friends and family will mourn the man not the agent.
Exactly. I don't get this faux grief and respect. How many posters outraged by the lack of sympathy have actually met this guy? Have they even given a thought to all the people who don't have millions in the bank and can afford the best care in the world and will probably just slip away without being noticed.

Why do they always feel the need to RIP? I really don't get it.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Don’t get the hate for the man. He’s just a pretty common dude who managed to get very rich by going into a business, that’s filled to the brink with money. The issues he’s being blamed for aren’t his creation or fault, he’s at worst a symptom of those. Don’t think he’s ever done any harm to someone other than convincing them to overpay for his players and himself. Which I struggle to find much fault with, really.
If there are some scandals I have missed, I take everything back. But from my view, some fans dislike him mostly for making players expensive for their clubs and causing lots of transfer headlines that annoy them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Like say movie stars, F1 drivers, should I carry on... Anyway not the thread for it.
Agree not the thread for it, but yes, exactly like those. Feyenoord's Jens Toornstra recently said that in an ideal world a doctor would make a multitude of what he makes for turning his greatest love and hobby and what is actually just a game into a well paying job.

That's why Jens Toornstra is the Dutch Mata.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Exactly. I don't get this faux grief and respect. How many posters outraged by the lack of sympathy have actually met this guy? Have they even given a thought to all the people who don't have millions in the bank and can afford the best care in the world and will probably just slip away without being noticed.

Why do they always feel the need to RIP? I really don't get it.
But if you mention it you will be criticised for not reading the mood of the room. In these kinds of threads you can never post something else, other than an RIP, and it never makes any sense.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Tancredi you banter piss plonker... :lol:

This is awkward on so many levels, but even Raiola is somewhat laughing through his tweet.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
If it turns out he isn’t dead, it won’t be long before people go back to calling him a cnut, snake, parasite etc. Hope he pulls through but death doesn’t change who a person was and it’s weird people change their view on someone because they’re dead now.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
But if you mention it you will be criticised for not reading the mood of the room. In these kinds of threads you can never post something else, other than an RIP, and it never makes any sense.
I would just say "I never really liked the guy anyway" Job done.

But these fake RIPs are just cringeworthy.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Guess he renegotiated his deal with death.

sidsutton

if he does go the only correct course of action is to declare the season null and void.

Status
Not open for further replies.