Football Betting Thread 13/14

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Yep, fecked up my accy as well. Still, it's cleaned my SkyBet account out, guess i'm gonna try elsewhere for betting now.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I got Salzburg, swansea, trabzonspor, Fiorentina and Rangers tomorrow.

EDIT: 4 winners just need Rangers to win tomorrow.

Havak

Pokemon master
I was going to give this weekend a miss after basically going about even for the season already (had two big wins but a lot of £10 accys put on that just missed out). However, this is just a bit too hard to resist even if it's optimistic:

Aston Villa (Liverpool) @ 3/1
Everton (West Brom) @ 4/7
Draw (Fulham / Arsenal) @ 23/10
Man City (Cardiff) @ 4/9
West Ham (Newcastle) @ 23/10

Returns just shy of a grand from a tenner... Would probably go in cheaper though and put a safer bet on something else.

Would also be looking into Man Utd/Chelsea BTS, and even Chelsea to win @ 2/1 is a bit tempting I must say! Adding Man Utd/Chelsea BTS to that accy brings £1550+ from a tenner. Again, I know it's an optimistic bet, but it's probably worth a few quid right?

Paddy also offering money back as a free bet for Game Week 3 if your five-fold or higher doesn't come in this weekend (Premier League only).

Slightly safer option potentially:

Arsenal (Fulham) @ 11/10
Man City (Cardiff) @ 4/9
BTS (Man Utd / Chelsea) @ 4/7

Gives near 25/1.. Not sure though.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Fulham-Arsenal is the toughest fixture in my opinion. Arsenal without Koscielny or Vermaelen. Fulham will be confident after their opening day win.

At this moment in time, I'll probably edge for Fulham.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Arsenal had a brilliant win in midweek. It's funny how wins like that in adversity can galvanise a squad. The negative atmosphere at the Emirates won't be a factor as the match is at Craven Cottage so I'd argue that it suits Arsenal to be away from home this weekend. Plus, Fulham were very fortunate on the opening day. A real smash and grab effort, that one.

Havak

Pokemon master
Yeah, I think Arsenal will have a bit of confidence about them after a good away win, but at the same time Fulham should feel very confident at home and Arsenal have injuries to at least three key players by my count. I could see any result, but I'm a bit less confident in the other fixtures of the day if I'm honest. Games like Spurs/Swansea, Stoke/Palace, Hull/Norwich are a nightmare to call...

Buchan

Great value to be had though if you manage to do your homework. Bookies are overpricing away victories a lot with the past season or two, or at least it feels that way. I could be wrong on this as it's only a mental conclusion I've come to personally, but there seems to be more away victories in the Premier League than there was in previous years (say four or five years ago). The bottom half of the table is a minefield and all are capable of beating anyone on their day. Even the mid-table sides are capable of going to any of the top six or seven and beating them away from home. Great value to be had for punters if you manage to eke out the value bet.

Donut

I think I'll play somewhat larger bet on:

Villa +one.5 ; I don't think they'll lose, nevermind by more than 1 goal

and still deciding on one of Tottenham - Swansea or Chelsea - United, both to score. Probably the former.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I won 60 from my 5 team accy so i put 20 back into my bank and now u'm playing with winnings so I put a double of southampton and Bayern munich on for 40 quid

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
My entertainment for tomorrow consists of Sociedad, Juve, Milan, Sporting and Liege. 20/1 which in my opinion is very very good.

Gee Male

It's not much of a day for accumulator's around Europe to be honest, a lot of tight games. I'm going for a pretty safe treble at slightly better than evens, just for interest - Celtic, PSV and Bayern.

As for singles, I think all of the following are over-priced in the PL:

Saints to beat Sunderland at 3/4
Stoke to beat Palace at 17/20
Villa to beat Liverpool at 11/4

I'll wait for team news first, but I think I'll stick a little on each of those.

Gee Male

I was going to give this weekend a miss after basically going about even for the season already (had two big wins but a lot of £10 accys put on that just missed out). However, this is just a bit too hard to resist even if it's optimistic:

Aston Villa (Liverpool) @ 3/1
Draw (Fulham / Arsenal) @ 23/10
Man City (Cardiff) @ 4/9

I don't think that's bad, but any one of them can go wrong. I even expect City to come unstuck a little at Cardiff tomorrow - I predict that Cardiff will be the new place that nobody likes going this season.

I have done a variation for a fiver for today, taking out West Ham and City and putting in Southampton and Stoke instead. Fiver pays over 320

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Singles on Stoke and Arsenal both to win. Arse with a slightly better price but both around evens.

Also got a parlay on Liverpool over 2.5, Mainz over 2.5 and Milan to win. odds of around 6/1

Havak

Pokemon master
I don't think that's bad, but any one of them can go wrong. I even expect City to come unstuck a little at Cardiff tomorrow - I predict that Cardiff will be the new place that nobody likes going this season.

I have done a variation for a fiver for today, taking out West Ham and City and putting in Southampton and Stoke instead. Fiver pays over 320
Yeah, my thoughts are the same really. I've put a fiver on it (as well as two other variations) but I can see any and all games costing me. It'll probably go right tits, but it's on now so we'll see :lol:

Baxter

Won £100 last night on a BTTS. If I can get into my William Hill account I may re-invest.

Gee Male

Fulham/Arsenal BTS 8/13
Berbatov anytime 11/4
Walcott anytime 17/10
Final score 2-2 11/1

Buchan

Having hit the crossbar with a 107/1 accumulator last weekend (Ricky van Wolfswinkel, you cnut), I still believe there's a huge docket out there. This weekend has a lot of value on offer and it could be the day it comes off. I love having a punt on away sides in the Premier League and I think the bookies have overpriced one of two teams today (even home teams, funnily enough!).

Hull City v Norwich
Stoke City v Crystal Palace
Aston Villa v Liverpool

That treble pays 58/1 and I truly believe it has a fair chance of coming off. Norwich welcome back a few first-teamers that were missing last week. They'll see that draw against a full-strength Everton team as a good point in the bigger scheme of things. Hull look devoid of any real threat and appear to be one of the weakest teams in the division. Hull being the home team will have far more pressure on them to get a result and I think this will suit Norwich.

Palace looked pretty timid in their opener against Spurs but I'd put that down to first day nerves. They do possess some individual quality in their squad and in Holloway I believe they have a better manager than Stoke can offer. The last time Holloway was at the Britannia, he orchestrated a 0-1 win for Blackpool against a much stronger Stoke team than their current one. Stoke will struggle for goals this season and I fancy Palace to nick a result today. At 7/2 they offer some value anyway.

Villa have had the hardest start to the season out of any team in the division yet they have three points to the name, and terribly unlucky to not have more. They more than matched Chelsea in mid-week and their confidence must be sky-high at the moment. Their attacking triumvirate will cause Liverpool's defence no end of trouble - particularly Benteke - and I can see Liverpool's possession game being outgunned by Villa's counter-attacking one. Delph, Westwood and Baker in midfield are very energetic and I don't see Liverpool's midfielders enjoying much time on the ball. I know Villa are the home side but they will take an away team approach to the this, and I see it paying dividends. Liverpool's extended break compared to Villa's is a slight worry, but at 10/3, I'm more than happy to take the plunge.

If you're feeling particularly plucky, throw in West Ham away to Newcastle. That quad pays 187/1. Newcastle appear to be disarray whereas West Ham seem to be on an upward curve. Allardyce and Nolan going back to Tyneside will have them even more desperate than normal for the win, and I can see the negative atmosphere at St. James' Park transmitting to the players. I wouldn't be totally confident on an away win here but I wouldn't talk anyone out of having a bet on it either.

Good luck to everyone in their own bets today!

Buchan

P.S I have a 6/4 double of Everton and Southampton too as a saver bet. Everton looked good against Norwich last week and Southampton had a fantastic away win last week at West Brom. I fancy both to nick their respective games today, but they'll be tight affairs.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Stuck a fiver on Norwich, Everton, west ham, Sunderland to draw, Ipswich to draw and stoke to draw. £3500 back. I believe.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
I'm thinking of this accy

Chelsea v Villa (Chelsea win)
City v Cardiff (City win)
Everton v West Brom (Everton win)
Southampton v Sunderland (Southampton win)
Newcastle v West Ham (West Ham win)

@£81 return off a £5 bet

Thoughts?
Ah fecking shit, not looking good :(

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Good start to my betting season for me 2 £10 bets lost but one £10 3 way accumulator won with £237 banked.

Bradford Vs Sheff UTD Home win.
Oldham vs Port vale Home Win.
Diouf to Score anytime and Hannover to win.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Won the two singles but the parlay has already lost. Putting a bit of money on Villa Liverpool to draw.

Gee Male

Villa to win
Villa to win to nil
Agbonlahor first goalscorer

Small stakes, bed then.