Football Betting Thread 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

Did anyone actually make any money last night? I had what I thought to be a nailed on double of Macedonia and Spain. Oh how I was wrong. Macedonia were slightly fortunate to win but fecking Spain and that feck in goal made sure it meant nothing in the end. I hate internationals and know I shouldn't bet on any of them but the betting account is already open (sigh). Some decent value on a few teams today though, unlike yesterday.

Patchbeard

Did anyone actually make any money last night? I had what I thought to be a nailed on double of Macedonia and Spain. Oh how I was wrong. Macedonia were slightly fortunate to win but fecking Spain and that feck in goal made sure it meant nothing in the end. I hate internationals and know I shouldn't bet on any of them but the betting account is already open (sigh). Some decent value on a few teams today though, unlike yesterday.
Closest I came was on Under 4.5 goals in the England game, the thinking being that if it's a really drab game at least I'll win something. It was a really drab game and I didn't win anything.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

So who will let me down tonight? I'm going for Rooney to miss a penalty in added time at 1-0, of course after a goal from Welbeck since I was considering having him to score at 1.36 rather than the over 1,5 goals.

:lol: 43 minutes, close enough.

ipodnani

Hard to find much value with these internationals, for sure.

Netherlands and Italy are surely bankers for tonight, albeit low-paying ones. What're the thoughts on Wales' chances against Bosnia?

MajorTom

Costa Rica are looking good at 8/11, kick-off at 15:30. Few inexperienced players mixed with some of the regulars. Should be enough to see off Oman. Norway later at 4/9 will be a good bet, not had a win in their last 9 internationals but you'd fancy them all day over Malta.

JoaquinJoaquin

Gone for a treble tonight:

Italy to beat Azerbaijan,
Netherlands vs Kazakhstan,
Belgium to win,
Not the best paying treble but money is money.

Quite a few games tomorrow I like the look of:

Romania to beat Hungary,
ROI to beat Gibraltar,
Norn Ireland to beat Faroe
Scotland to beat Georgia,
and maybe Serbia to beat Armenia but I nees to see what kind of squad Serbia have took.

And then surely you would put your house on Anthony Joshua to win in the Boxing.

Tarrou

With 60 mins gone at 3-0, I lumped on under 6.5 goals in the England game at 1.5. Felt like very good value but I was slightly worried when the 5th went in.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Gone for a treble tonight:

Italy to beat Azerbaijan,
Netherlands vs Kazakhstan,
Belgium to win,
The odds for that on Bet365 are 0.18

That really isn't worth betting on to say you need 3 teams to win, no matter how certain they appear.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Hard to find much value with these internationals, for sure.

Netherlands and Italy are surely bankers for tonight, albeit low-paying ones. What're the thoughts on Wales' chances against Bosnia?
Go for Over 1.5 FHG in Belgium v Andorra and over 2.5 match goals in Holland v Kazakhstan if you're struggling to find anything else, think it pays around 0.8

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Croatia, Iceland and Bosnia pays 10/1. Bosnia just need to stop Bale and they'll win. Their loss against Cyprus was a total freak.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Where do you bet on specific players to receive cards? I dont see it on William Hill.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Alllen 14/5 Gerard 14/5 Marcelo 3/1 to be shown a yellow card
Benzema anytime 2/1
On Marcelo (3/1), Arbeloa (2/1) and Johnson (5/2) myself. Felt alright betting on bookings but don't like betting on Liverpool games so that's my lot, no matter how tempting those Cristiano wincast odds look at 2/1...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Logged into my PP account to deposit €5 (Hey, big spender!) for tonight's bets and saw that I had €23 in my account. Apparently I won an accumulator that I completely forgot about last night.

It feels like Christmas.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Personally i use betfair. I believe william hill do them as well. Paddy power offer terrible odds in this market so avoid
I usually use mobile app and havent seen specific players receiving bookings but Ill have a look further and on the website. Thanks

Flying Fox

had $5 sitting in my account. went for a lazy 9-fold hail mary

Victory
Soton
PSG
Vitesse
Bayern
Swansea
Valencia
Ajax
Roma

all to win @ $68 #yolo

Victory just won in the derby in the A-League. 1/9 :cool:

Tarrou

Suarez to bite odds:

Ronaldo 50/1
Pepe 20/1
Ramos 20/1

Anyone fancy a nibble?

MajorTom

Are these odds you are offering or are bookies actually trying to lure people in? Anyhow, Arsenal at 3/4 look sweet today. No win in their last 3 league games, Sunderland coming of a hammering so will be low on confidence and they won their last home game in the league which means that they aren't due another for 3/4 games.

Tarrou

Bookies odds.

Arsenal is one of my bets today, but I'm gonna wait for the line-up to see what defence they are putting out. Derby also look well priced (4/5) to beat Wigan at home.

MajorTom

Yeah, I'm waiting for the line-ups too but I'll be having a little dabble regardless of what team he puts out. Debuchy and Koscienly are out injured so it just depends how people have recovered from their european game. Will probably be the same back four they played against Anderlecht. Monreal in cb is a bit dodgy but I can't see Sunderland doing much attacking.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Manchester United to win to nil @ 4/1
Manchester United -1 goal @ 5/1
Manchester United 2-0 Chelsea @ 18/1

Manchester United, Everton and Spurs treble @ 9/1

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Right chaps, I've had a look at the boxing over the next month, I don't make boxing bets that yield <10% and I only bet singles, no multipliers. The outrights are safe but I will also be betting on Kovalev (4/6) to win by KO, plus Smith and Eubank Jnr when odds are available.

Sunday 9th November 2014

03:00

Sergey Kovalev (2/5)

Draw(25)

Bernard Hopkins (5/2)

Saturday 15th November 2014 22:00

Wladimir Klitschko (1/5)

Draw(28)

Kubrat Pulev (67/13)

Saturday 22nd November 2014 20:00

Callum Smith (1/10)

Draw(30)

Nikola Sjekloca (13/2)

21:00

James DeGale (1/6)

Draw(28)

Marco Antonio Periban (5)

Saturday 29th November 2014 23:30

Billy Joe Saunders (4/5)

Draw(33)

Chris Eubank Jr (11/8)

@Samid Basketball season starting tonight! Any tips?

Buchan

Accrington Stanley v Morecambe

The away side are three points better off than their hosts in the league table, but more tellingly, their defensive record is much better, conceding only 1.00 per game compared to Accrington's 1.73 goals per game. Morecambe have won two out of their last three away games and both wins were against sides better than Accrington (Burton Albion 3rd in league and Southend 9th). The other side Morecambe have faced away lately - Bury - are strong at home and only three points off the top of the table. I think the 11/5 on offer on the away side is good value and I fancy them to cause Accrington more than a few problems.

Morecambe @ 11/5

Buchan

Can anyone persuade me not to back Bolton tonight away to Norwich? They look a changed side under Lennon recently, whereas Norwich have hit something of a sticky patch in front of goal. I think the 5/1 on offer is very attractive with both sides being almost polar opposites in terms of confidence lately.

20solskjaer

Bournemouth @ 1.95 and Notts County @ 2.7 seem huge prices for the teams/form involved, is there something im missing? New managers, huge injury problems or something?

Patchbeard

Bournemouth @ 1.95 and Notts County @ 2.7 seem huge prices for the teams/form involved, is there something im missing? New managers, huge injury problems or something?
Brighton aren't nearly as bad as their position suggests. They've drawn 6 out of the last 7 so that's probably more likely than a Bournemouth win.

No idea on the Notts County one though, seems very odd.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Everton and Wigan let me down on a 12 team accumulator for over 2k, only stuck a quid on too. Wigan conceded in the 87min from a penalty, and Everton are just useless. Was all looking peachy at around 4:30 this afternoon

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Everton and Wigan let me down on a 12 team accumulator for over 2k, only stuck a quid on too. Wigan conceded in the 87min from a penalty, and Everton are just useless. Was all looking peachy at around 4:30 this afternoon
Could you not cash out on it?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Paddypower don't do cash outs. I doubt I'd have cashed out anyway as when Everton were the only team not winning, Swansea were down to 10 men.
Ah right, to be honest if you're doing big accumulators I always go with Bet365 for them, you'd probably have been able to get a decent amount of money on the cash out. Although, as you say, you'd definitely have thought Everton would have gone on to win after the red card.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah right, to be honest if you're doing big accumulators I always go with Bet365 for them, you'd probably have been able to get a decent amount of money on the cash out. Although, as you say, you'd definitely have thought Everton would have gone on to win after the red card.
Yeah, I just had a few quid in paddypower for some reason so just used it up, back on bet365 again now.

Could have been a few hundred quid on the cash out

Status
Not open for further replies.