Football Betting Thread 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I was tempted by -1 but after Argentina last weekend I will never touch it again.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Argentina vs Colombia.

A part of me wants to go for Colombia not to lose. Argentina have failed to impress this tournament.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Argentina vs Colombia.

A part of me wants to go for Colombia not to lose. Argentina have failed to impress this tournament.
Argentina rarely impress though, they always just seem to scrape through by courtesy of being slightly better than the opposing team on the day, even if they should really be winning a lot more comfortably. If you're tempted by Colombia DC I personally think you'd be better off betting a smaller amount on the draw at 5/2. I can't see Argentina losing but a draw is definitely possible, especially as matches go straight to penalties so Colombia might see that as their best option.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Argentina rarely impress though, they always just seem to scrape through by courtesy of being slightly better than the opposing team on the day, even if they should really be winning a lot more comfortably. If you're tempted by Colombia DC I personally think you'd be better off betting a smaller amount on the draw at 5/2. I can't see Argentina losing but a draw is definitely possible, especially as matches go straight to penalties so Colombia might see that as their best option.
Probably should have listened to your advice given the value but ah well. Winner is a winner.

LilRicky

Doing a little treble for some matches tonight

Portugal v Germany u21's - BTTS, Yes
Brazil v Paraguay, Brazil to win
Australia v Japan women, O1.5Gl

€10 returns €49.34

AshfordLad

Doing a little treble for some matches tonight

Portugal v Germany u21's - BTTS, Yes
Brazil v Paraguay, Brazil to win
Australia v Japan women, O1.5Gl

€10 returns €49.34
From the past games it looks portugal are really really tight and hardly ever conceded. Any reason for taking this bet?

LilRicky

From the past games it looks portugal are really really tight and hardly ever conceded. Any reason for taking this bet?
Not particularly, Had a look over their goal averages and recent scores etc. Six of Germany last seven matches have ended with both teams scoring. That is probably the one I am most wary of I'll admit.

AshfordLad

Damn Portugal U21 are really really good. Put a small bet on germany to qualify on pens, absolutly blown away.

Going for unders in Denmark v Sweden. Both teams have good defenses and poor strikeforce.

LilRicky

Damn Portugal U21 are really really good. Put a small bet on germany to qualify on pens, absolutly blown away.

Going for unders in Denmark v Sweden. Both teams have good defenses and poor strikeforce.

Absolutely smashed the Germans!

There goes my treble! :houllier:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I'm on a good run betting at the minute so thought I may as well post my bets for the day on here.

FC Inter v HJK (Finland, 16:30) - Inter to score in 1st half @ 6/4
FC Inter v HJK - Draw @ 23/10

Jonkopings Sodra v Degerfors (Swedish Suprettan, 18:20) - BTTS and Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10

Also considering Jonkopings to score over 2.5 goals at 9/4. Good luck if anyone follows.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm on a good run betting at the minute so thought I may as well post my bets for the day on here.

FC Inter v HJK (Finland, 16:30) - Inter to score in 1st half @ 6/4
FC Inter v HJK - Draw @ 23/10

Jonkopings Sodra v Degerfors (Swedish Suprettan, 18:20) - BTTS and Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10

Also considering Jonkopings to score over 2.5 goals at 9/4. Good luck if anyone follows.
Well done for that first one.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Cheers for the tips Bobby. I won't be able to get on them but I'm sure some will.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Tip for the Egyptian league today, game kicks off at 21:00. Ismaily v Smouha, I'm backing the draw at 21/10. Ismaily have played 10 home games this season, 8 of which have ended in a draw. Smouha have 5 draws out of 8 away matches this season. The two sides played previously this season in a 0-0 draw.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ive had Aguero to finish top goalscorer And Argentina to win the Copa America.

If Aguero finishes joint top, does the bet still win? He needs 1 to be joint.

Bet placed with b365

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Ive had Aguero to finish top goalscorer And Argentina to win the Copa America.

If Aguero finishes joint top, does the bet still win? He needs 1 to be joint.

Bet placed with b365
They use 'dead-heat' rules in the case of a tie. This is from their site which explains it:

Dead-Heat
In the event of a dead-heat, bets will be paid at the face value of the total payout, including stake, divided by the number of selections that have dead-heated for that placing.

In the event of a dead-heat for Place betting the payout will be calculated by multiplying the face value by the number of remaining places divided by the number of selections that dead-heated.

For bets involving TAB dividends in their calculation, dividends advised by the TAB’s will apply.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Small bets on both Brondby and West ham to win by 5 or more. Both could win 10-0 if they wanted to. Think they'll keep enough motivation to get 5 each.

Havak

Pokemon master
Anything of interest in the Copa America Final? Had a good win on a double of Chile BTTS / Argentina BTTS in the Semis, so might bet some of it on the the final.

Over 2.5 Goals & 9 Corners seems OK.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Anything of interest in the Copa America Final? Had a good win on a double of Chile BTTS / Argentina BTTS in the Semis, so might bet some of it on the the final.

Over 2.5 Goals & 9 Corners seems OK.
No. It's too mainstream to have any real value.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Small bets on both Brondby and West ham to win by 5 or more. Both could win 10-0 if they wanted to. Think they'll keep enough motivation to get 5 each.
9-0 and 3-0. Broke even. West Ham treated it like a piss about unfortunately. Could easily have scored five still.

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was gonna go Argentina ML but chickened out, ended up taking Marcos Rojo anytime booking @ 2.70 and Under 60 Card Index overall @ 2.12. Think Rojo is a good chance to get a booking considering he has Pastore and Di Maria in front of him - that's not a lot of defensive support really.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Was gonna go Argentina ML but chickened out, ended up taking Marcos Rojo anytime booking @ 2.70 and Under 60 Card Index overall @ 2.12. Think Rojo is a good chance to get a booking considering he has Pastore and Di Maria in front of him - that's not a lot of defensive support really.
Seems decent, he's underprotected and will have Sanchez, Valdivia and Vargas to deal with.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I just went for over 6.5 cards in the game at 1.90.

Watching the England womens game to see if I fancy a bet on it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Speaking of Women's football, you reckon USA is the go for the final?
I think they should have too much for Japan, Japan looked pretty average against us and we should have beaten them. But at the same time, it's a final, anything can happen. I'll be going with USA personally.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Speaking of Women's football, you reckon USA is the go for the final?
USA are a much better team in terms of variance of play and ability to beat different opponents. Japan will try and boss possession (which they'll manage) and won't create much chances I imagine. Unders is the bet in my opinion. Shouldn't be too much goals.

AshfordLad

Unders getting hammered. Lasted 14 mins and 3.5+ gone in 16 mins. US is going all WW2 on Japans ass. :lol:

Cashed out my under 3.5 for a loss just seconds before the third goal. Bet on US win already in the bag @1.77, now can sit and enjoy the annihilation.

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
BTTS and over 2.5 goals @ 6/5 in the Galway v Dundalk match tomorrow seems worth a punt on a day of slim pickings.

Status
Not open for further replies.