Football Betting Thread 2017/2018

Pagh Wraith

Lyon are 11/10 to beat guimgamp away at 18:00 tonight. Am i missing something or is that decent value?
Without following Ligue 1 too closely and using just a few basic stats I'd price this as roughly 3.29 - 3.63 - 2.38 with Guingamp getting a quarter ball handicap start on the Asian lines. So if anything there seems to be some value with the home side.

Pagh Wraith

Where are you betting @Pagh Wraith? Those are some sweet odds for Bournemouth, for which I get only 1.87.
I bet through Sportmarket Pro, a betbroker which gives you access to eleven betting companies (the high liquity Asian ones like SBObet and Pinnacle that don't restrict winners plus all the exchanges) through one account. The good thing about is that you automatically get matched at the best available price without having to browse through all the bookmakers.

But Bournemouth have indeed shorted massively. I placed my bet this morning.

Screenshot: http://i67.tinypic.com/rwmp6w.png

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Without following Ligue 1 too closely and using just a few basic stats I'd price this as roughly 3.29 - 3.63 - 2.38 with Guingamp getting a quarter ball handicap start on the Asian lines. So if anything there seems to be some value with the home side.
Lyon 1 up

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I bet through Sportmarket Pro, a betbroker which gives you access to eleven betting companies (the high liquity Asian ones like SBObet and Pinnacle that don't restrict winners plus all the exchanges) through one account. The good thing about is that you automatically get matched at the best available price without having to browse through all the bookmakers.

But Bournemouth have indeed shorted massively. I placed my bet this morning.

Screenshot: http://i67.tinypic.com/rwmp6w.png
That's pretty great. They know what will attract players.

"If you are a smaller player, enjoying betting on multiples or looking to take advantage of various bonus offers or free bets from sites looking for “recreational players”, our service is probably not for you."

:nervous:

Pagh Wraith

That's pretty great. They know what will attract players.

"If you are a smaller player, enjoying betting on multiples or looking to take advantage of various bonus offers or free bets from sites looking for “recreational players”, our service is probably not for you."

:nervous:
Yeah it's a completely different business model. UK high street bookmakers such as William Hill or Corals have a really high overround and cater towards recreational players who don't care about odds quality and are happy with a 20 quid free bet. On the other hand they will restrict or even ban you as soon as they think you know what you are doing. There is one really shameless bookmaker that limited me to a maximum bet of 10 cents.

On the other hand you have the big Asian companies which aren't as well known because they don't advertise and don't offer any bonuses but often have an annual turnover equivalent to the GDP of a small nation. They tolerate and even welcome winning gamblers because they help make their lines sharper (their odds movements are completely market-driven whereas the Euro/UK books are often manually adjusting after a move happened in Asia).

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
First bet after a little break, same old shite. Every other game in that league had 3/4/5 goals :mad:

Biji.Kelot

My first post here. Playing under Mxnxxn88.com. Parlays for tonight :

Everton@0, Westham@0, Gladbach@0, Hamburg@0, Nantes@1/4, Rennais@1/4,Strasbourg@1/4,Vitesse@1/4, Maritimo@0

Odds : 114.268 @$10.

Chelsea,United,City,Benfica,Fenerbache,Panathinaikos all to win @7.4

Bet : $20.

Hope it will work.

Danny Roberts

Fancy Brighton +0.5 for sure today. West Ham at 5/4 also appeals. Leeds are a great bet too at 7/5.

Edit - By "fancy Brighton +0.5", what I really meant was, bet Chelsea score early through Hazard and hammer them

Last edited:

Biji.Kelot

Welcome, and good luck!

What's mxnxxn88.com thou?
Mansion88 or M88, Bournemouth sponsor if i am not mistaken.

Apologize for xxx, usually some forums dont allow poster to mention a commercial name.

While waiting for EPL, try my luck : Arema-1 1/4 goals again Persela Lamongan in Indonesian President Cup.

Pagh Wraith

Just placed a bet on Over 4.0 goals in the Brighton v Chelsea game. The visitors have come to play and are enjoying plenty of space but have a dodgy keeper themselves.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
A couple of accas for today:

1. Man Utd, Wolves, Luton, Benfica, Fenerbahce, Atletico Madrid, Frosinone, Slavia Prague @12.22

2. Leicester, Man City, AEK Athens, Dynamo Kiev, Villarreal, Cliftonville, RB Leipzig, Valencia @32.34

haram

Took Lukaku to score anytime, Man United to win by 2 or more goals at 7/1.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Could get totally battered but I have a feeling Swansea might nick a draw tonight. Certainly fancy them to score.
It's certainly possible. This is exactly the kind of game that Pool mess around with.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Could get totally battered but I have a feeling Swansea might nick a draw tonight. Certainly fancy them to score.
Agreed, but I decided to play safe and went for over 2.5 goals instead (small stakes on a draw).

Another interesting game: Juve-Genoa, Genoa haven't been scoring and conceding many goals away from home this season (except for that game at Cagliari). Could be a tough game for Juve with them missing a few key players as well. Gone for Genoa +1.5

Marty1968

Had a Swansea draw and Edmund to beat Dimitrov! Should've done swansea double chance!! Aaarrrrgh!

Danny Roberts

Fair play mate, you called it. Read this earlier and thought no chance, but Swansea were 10/1!
Cheers. The +0.5, effectively laying the favourite, can be very profitable when taking on big odds-on shots away from home. Obviously you need to pick and choose but there is often some nice value.

Jironasaurus

Had a Swansea draw and Edmund to beat Dimitrov! Should've done swansea double chance!! Aaarrrrgh!
Swansea +1.5 on Asian was @ a sweet price of 2. Obviously not as profitable as a Swansea draw, but still pretty good money.

Marty1968

Anyone got any strong feelings about the EFL Cup tonight? Finding it quite hard to see anything worth backing so might give it a miss.
Yeah think i might miss out and look at a small in-play if i fancy it. Think Arsenal could nick it but too close to call really.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Keep in mind it might go to extra time (or do they go straight to pens?)

Danny Roberts

I fancy 2-0 tonight. I don't see us hammering them. Not much of interest in the FA Cup though. Looking forward to the women's tennis. Would like to see Wozniacki win, even if she does support Liverpool.

relx

Frnkie Sys
Gone for 2 four-folds for today:

Deportivo-Levante draw, RBL-HSV over 2.5 goals, Bayern -1.5, BVB-Freiburg over 3.5 goals
Bayern-Hoffenheim over 3.5 goals, BVB-Freiburg over 3.5 goals, RBL -1.5, Valencia-Real Madrid under 3.5 goals

Personally, I think Dortmund v Freiburg over 3.5 goals is good value. It's a worth a risk considering that Freiburg have conceded the most goals away from home so far this season

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I had Bayern -2, Real Madrid -2, Juventus, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool

I had no idea why I added Liverpool @ 3/10. Lowest odds let me down!