Football in the olden days (pre-1990's) was crap, discuss.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
In terms of entertainment sure, in terms of results/level/degree of difficulty for the big teams, not so much
Exactly, you're comparing to how they provide competition for the big teams. I'm talking about them as clubs/teams, not just as targets for bigger teams

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Exactly, you're comparing to how they provide competition for the big teams. I'm talking about them as clubs/teams, not just as targets for bigger teams
Yeah but what i mean is, they are more entertaining to watch maybe, but are they actually better teams than they were in the 80s? I'm not so sure. And if we make the same comparison with italian teams for example, they were better in the 80s

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
It doesn't have to, but it often does. It's not like teams used to choose to play tumescent crap tactics because they felt like it, they simply lacked the quality and the players to play anything else. Look at a team like Hull 20 years ago and look at them now and it's like day and night.
20 years ago Newcastle United played some terrific football & finished 2nd in the Premier league. Now they're sitting 2nd in The Championship. So what exactly was your point ?

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Look at a team like Hull 20 years ago and look at them now and it's like day and night.
Yea odd that, 20 years ago they were in the 4th flight, some of my Dad's family are from Hull, I always joked with them if they saw a football they'd pick it up and run with it. Rugby town, they had an Wembley Hull Cup Final 1 year, he went with his mates and his team lost, he came back drunk telling everyone how they'd won the cup.