Gaming Football Manager 2009

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Was it Dossena?

I know, he's a left-back, but you're shit

Cina

You paid 30m for him? Bloody hell, I got him for 8m. Santon is only 3 - 5m usually!

Brophs

The One and Only
You should buy Barrie Ellis from Rangers.

Granted he's a regen, and only in my MK Dons game, but he's fecking mint. Ten goals from right back this season so far. He also broke Fernando Torres' leg in a meaty challenge with two minutes to go when we were already three up (of which he'd scored one). He's a star.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
You paid 30m for him? Bloody hell, I got him for 8m. Santon is only 3 - 5m usually!
They wouldn't accept anything less, in fact they wanted 36!

I've now got too many fullbacks. It's a hazard of giving me too much money, I'm usually a small lower league club and aren't to being a top team.

also, every match Gerrard gets injured. It's fecking bullshit and it must be because they're tackling him hard, yet they never get injured themselves. Every. fecking. Game.

Cina

They wouldn't accept anything less, in fact they wanted 36!

I've now got too many fullbacks. It's a hazard of giving me too much money, I'm usually a small lower league club and aren't to being a top team.

also, every match Gerrard gets injured. It's fecking bullshit and it must be because they're tackling him hard, yet they never get injured themselves. Every. fecking. Game.
Liverpool are getting lots of money? They always got into administration in my games. Weird

nimic

something nice
Scout
In my long-term game Liverpool were never relegated, but they did finish in the first non-relegation spot one year, when they had points taken off them for going into administration.

I'd quite like to play FM right now, but I just can't bring myself to doing it with FM10 coming out in less than a month. I never play my games just for the short term. Part of the enjoyment I get out of it is actually the promise of a long game.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Just finished my first year as Liverpool manager.

Gerrard and Torres were phenomenal. I bought Ruud for £6m and he scored a feck load. I got 92 points and still only got 2nd but I did manage to beat Chelsea in two finals to win both the FA and the League Cup.

I also got taken over by an English fellow. With the money he gave me I bought Ribery, Veloso, Srna, Ruud and a couple of young talents.

Second year. I won the PL, got to the semi final of the cL before losing to a phenomenal Real Madrid side. Won the the league cup again and got knocked out of the semi of the FA cup in unbelievable fashion to Arsenal in an exercise of pure bullshit.

I've never gone a whole season unbeaten before, but it all nearly fell apart at the end of the season thanks to some terrible finishing. I drew about 5 games out of 6 because my world class players missed on average about 6 clear cut chances a match.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Anyone else heard of this young liverpool goalkeeper that is at the start of games with the new patch named 'Tanguy Bacque' !?

I think he must have been a random regen, when my scouts were scanning the academy, he was regarded as a definite purchase, came back with 6 stars... so I sent everyone and their grandmother to scout the lad, and all but 2 scouts had him down as 6 stars.

So I went and made a run at him, but when it became public knowledge, the price ran up to nearly 13 million... of course, I don't wanna pay Liverpool anything that would benefit them, so I offered 7 Million plus Park & Petrucci... they accepted :lol:

With Van Der Sar now past it, Delle only in for reserve purposes, and Akinfeev purchased for cheap (15 Million) and will be re-sold, I have my goalkeeper for pretty much my entire career ready to go.

arjwiz

Gary Hill from Hibs is the best right back out there, worth only 35,000 when he starts off. He's english and he's NOT a regen.

Today, he's valued at 40M and is still with my club (Wolves). Scores about 20 goals a season from freekicks, penalties and a few from open play.

Great defensively as well. Stamina is a bit shit.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Anyone else heard of this young liverpool goalkeeper that is at the start of games with the new patch named 'Tanguy Bacque' !?

I think he must have been a random regen, when my scouts were scanning the academy, he was regarded as a definite purchase, came back with 6 stars... so I sent everyone and their grandmother to scout the lad, and all but 2 scouts had him down as 6 stars.

So I went and made a run at him, but when it became public knowledge, the price ran up to nearly 13 million... of course, I don't wanna pay Liverpool anything that would benefit them, so I offered 7 Million plus Park & Petrucci... they accepted :lol:

With Van Der Sar now past it, Delle only in for reserve purposes, and Akinfeev purchased for cheap (15 Million) and will be re-sold, I have my goalkeeper for pretty much my entire career ready to go.
You could have screwed yourself on that deal. Or you could have the deal of the century. That's the thing with scouting on FM09, it's very uncertain. I've gone into the trap of paying a lot of money for what looks certain to become the next Ronaldo, only for them to become the next Pennant. There's no guarantee, even if all your scouts say he's the next big thing. Soon the coaches could say he's almost the next big thing, and then he can be the next rather big thing. After that, the next decently sized thing. And so on.

I love it :D

Cina

So, anyone gone a whole season unbeaten before?
Only in one of my seasons, though the most I've ever lost is 4, and that was in the first season when I finished runner up.

Cina

Impressive. Mine was in the second year and in fairness about 5 of the games I drew I should have won about 4-0.
Yeah that happens to me a lot as well. That was a good season for me, mainly because Aguero and Bojan netted in 86 goals between them in all competitions. Though they usually get me 70+ anyway.

I'm in 2017 now, and I've a few good regens in my squad that I trained in my academy, must post them up, there's one striker in particular who cost me 400k that is absolutely immense now.

Since my 4th season I've been getting transfer budgets of 100m+, but I've never really used them, don't see the fun side of that really, makes the game too easy, I don't think I've ever bought a player over the age of 23, which is why I've still got most of my team from that season. In 9 years I've spent 350m and made 200m in transfers. Considering my Utd game where I spent about 500m and made about 100m in 5 years, I'm happy :D

nimic

something nice
Scout
Only in one of my seasons, though the most I've ever lost is 4, and that was in the first season when I finished runner up.

That looks almost identical to my invincible season that I can remember. That was also in Italy, though it was with Roma. I hadn't won the league in the two seasons I had been there before that, though I'd won the cup twice, and the UEFA cup. That was also 34-4-0. The thing is, that season, for the entirety of it, I played my "attacking" tactic. Against all teams, and no matter the score. So that finally convinced me that it's not really true that the AI "learns" your tactic and necessarily beats you easily because of it.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I went 36 games one year (And 56 straight in the league without a defeat) Before slipping up too Ipswich Town... bullish match.

Still barely won the league too, City lost 2 games the whole year, both to me, beat them by 5 pts in the league.

VP

Some kind bloke on the SI forums has created a legends database (here) with the best teams for each club eg. Utd 99, Madrid in 50's, Liverool '84, Barca dream team, Milan 90 etc.. Could be challenging fun before the new FM comes out.

VP

Cantona wasnt about in 99.
Yeah there are tons of inconsistencies all over the place, but on the whole it's decent fun. it's impossible to sign the likes Maradona, pele or Beckenbauer though.

Woodzy

I believe the format of the teams in that database, is that one year is picked for the team, then legends are inserted into the team, either straight into the first team, or into the youth team as 16 year olds. Hence why Cantona is in the game, and why you'll probably be find Best, Robson and Charlton etc. in the youth ranks.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Charlotron's in it? Wonder if you can make him transform?

Imagine him in our team today though :drool:

Woodzy

Charlotron's in it? Wonder if you can make him transform?

Imagine him in our team today though :drool:
I don't know who you're talking about :smirk:

I don't think the fact that my error has been there since first thing this morning is helping my case.

wr8_utd

:'(
I had an amazing 98 game unbeaten run in FM 08. Was a bit too easy.
Had a super team with Saivet being my star player.

Lost the unbeaten record away to West Brom though :mad:

Anyway then I started selling off my stars because it had become too easy.

On FM 10 it's far harder to go unbeaten . Just had one unbeaten till now (tons of draws though)