Gaming Football Manager 2009

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
Anyone knows any info on the new features?
Os there a release date yet?

As for new features, there's not really a lot they can add to the game anymore in my mind - however i say that each year and i'm constantly impressed by even the subtle changes.

Its rubbish playing the old version once all the transfers have taken place, unless of course you download the update patches.

D J Dog Toffee

Good point, they are usually promoting the next FM game around this time. Maybe this year they are just focusing on the FM Live launch?

Castolo

The only thing I know is that almost every team will have a smaller transfer budget than last year, thanks to this credit crunch malarky.

kps88

I read somewhere that they were focusing all their attention and publicity on Football Manager Live. Hence the lack of news.

Usually by this time we get to know the new features.

Biscuit1871

Just noticed, im the highest poster in this thread. Bow down to me insignificant scum.

Castolo

If the hours spent in my life on hunting for bargain 2nd division Spanish sweepers and watching little circles run around on my laptop had been directed towards something useful, then I would be a millionaire. But would I be happy?

twitter thread suggester
3D match engine, that's quite huge - hopefully I'll be able to run it.

x42bn6

3D match engine, that's quite huge - hopefully I'll be able to run it.
I doubt it's going to tax computers.

SI have said that they want to keep it as widely-available as possible, so I think any video card that does basic 3D graphics will do.

Apparently, there's screenshots here, but it's piss-slow: http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=31

[edit] 2D will still be available for the terrified, so you don't have to tax your computer.

My baaaaaaaaaaaad.

VP

I promised myself not to buy this...but that 3D match engine does look good.