Gaming Football Manager 2009

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Someone should start up a redcafe team again, like Psmith did. Was good fun.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Why so late though? November 14th is miles off.

I hope this hasn't sufferred as a result of FM Live aswell, otherwise that would be another example of developers focusing on the online side of games.

x42bn6

Why so late though? November 14th is miles off.

I hope this hasn't sufferred as a result of FM Live aswell, otherwise that would be another example of developers focusing on the online side of games.
Football Manager Live has been used to make Football Manager 2009.

The match-engine and interface is largely going to be adapted from Live, for example.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Football Manager Live has been used to make Football Manager 2009.

The match-engine and interface is largely going to be adapted from Live, for example.
Yeah I know I heard the developer speaking about it.

Just ignore me it's just another excuse for me to have a moan.:D

Red442

Last Man Standing Champion
I couldn't give a shit about the 3d match engine tbh. If it means running slower, then it doesn't even mean awesome realistic graphics, i'm perfectly happy with 2d

Castolo

I couldn't give a shit about the 3d match engine tbh. If it means running slower, then it doesn't even mean awesome realistic graphics, i'm perfectly happy with 2d
I agree. First time round the 3D engine will probably have loads of flaws.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
That looks fecking brilliant.

But why the feck are there female managers? There are none in real life, if women want to play a management simulation, surely they can see that simulating the all male environment isn't sexist...?

x42bn6

That looks fecking brilliant.

But why the feck are there female managers? There are none in real life, if women want to play a management simulation, surely they can see that simulating the all male environment isn't sexist...?
The gender-friendly aspect of the game is due to the fact that there are female personnel in the game - I think Leeds have a female physio, for example. The database, even for 2008, has the ability to flag a person as female, too, but the text hasn't been gender-friendly.

However, women do play this game, apparently: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=42877

kps88

3D mode will be a huge bonus if it turns out right. Nice to see they've put in 2D as well.

Looking forward to this taking away my life.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Hopefully it will surpass the 2007 edition, I'm still playing it because for some reason I cannot stand 2008.

I couldn't imagine what the world would be like without the FM.

I won't be using 3D mode for a while probably. It took me a while to get used to 2D mode, I prefered text first time they introduced 2D.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
The 3D looks shit though in fairness, looks like I'll stick to 2D

& muppets will be salivating over the transfer rumours section :drool:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I wish they would create a manager game that would allow us to actually play the matches.

Imagine PES or Fifa gameplay with the in-depth management simulation that FM has? That would be fantastic.

kps88

I wish they would create a manager game that would allow us to actually play the matches.

Imagine PES or Fifa gameplay with the in-depth management simulation that FM has? That would be fantastic.
I wouldnt quite enjoy that.

I wouldnt like having control over the players in a match. Thats the beauty of management. That you prepare you team the best way you can and watch how it unfolds.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder

I wouldn't like that at all. As obviously you could eventually become great at the game and beat teams like Man united with Bury. Like happens on Fifa. Would take out a lot of the "realism"

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
True, both valid points. I guess it's because I've never really been a "huge" FM fan, like i am with PES/Fifa. I find myself getting bored quicker as i can't actually play the matches like i do in the Manager Mode & Master League on Fifa/PES.

Each to their own though :)

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General

They made pro evolution soccer manager a few years back, i had a copy of it .

But it was pretty shit, most of the results felt random.

Member 5225

Hopefully it will surpass the 2007 edition, I'm still playing it because for some reason I cannot stand 2008.
I couldn't imagine what the world would be like without the FM.

I won't be using 3D mode for a while probably. It took me a while to get used to 2D mode, I prefered text first time they introduced 2D.
exactly the same here

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
game has it for 29.99 preorder.
any place else with cheaper rates?
Personally I'd wait till nearer the time, when lesser known sites, or maybe play.com offer their deals.

I remember last year people ordering the game for around £18.

Absolutely cannot wait for this.

B Cantona

Desperate
I missed this thread, and I've only just heard about the 3D match engine. This has rocked my world to its foundation!!! I was expecting the new game to be just another data update with a few relatively unimportant extra features added on. But it sounds like this has the potential to be a 'game changer'. I absolutely can't wait, I haven't looked forward to a FM this much since they announced the 2D engine :D

I'm sure it will have its bugs and usual initial problems, but I've seen a video there and I reckon that'll be fantastic to watch the game on. Actually seeing the precise movements and decisions of players. When we're moaning to the media about the ref after the game, we won't just be doing it on guess work anymore, we'll actually see for ourselves! No doubt the refs union will still fudge it though and I'll rack up the touchline bans...

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
I missed this thread, and I've only just heard about the 3D match engine. This has rocked my world to its foundation!!! I was expecting the new game to be just another data update with a few relatively unimportant extra features added on. But it sounds like this has the potential to be a 'game changer'. I absolutely can't wait, I haven't looked forward to a FM this much since they announced the 2D engine :D

I'm sure it will have its bugs and usual initial problems, but I've seen a video there and I reckon that'll be fantastic to watch the game on. Actually seeing the precise movements and decisions of players. When we're moaning to the media about the ref after the game, we won't just be doing it on guess work anymore, we'll actually see for ourselves! No doubt the refs union will still fudge it though and I'll rack up the touchline bans...

Mirrored my feelings, just why do I have to wait so long? Me no like waiting.

hotshot2004

Like many other the caftards, FM owe me 2 gf, & countless sleepless nights. i think i am going to loose few more of above once this game comes out.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This was just announced for Steam, and I just canceled my Amazon.co.uk pre-order and pre-ordered from Steam instead. Games cost even more in Norway, so a pre-order from amazon.co.uk was cheaper than buying here. Now, even though the base price is higher, it's cheaper for me to get it on Steam, since I'd have to pay for delivery to Norway. Besides, I prefer Steam for my games.

Oh, and I compared Amazon.com with Amazon.co.uk. Insane price difference. Though I guess the Americans need all the help they can get.