Gaming Football Manager 2009

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Anyone know if FM 2008 Databases will be compatible with 2009?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Misunderstood the question :nervous:

I've heard that there are some fairly heavy changes in how stats and attributes work/are calculated/something, so I wouldn't bet on it. I don't really know though. You should ask on the official SI FM forums.

twitter thread suggester
:lol: Nice avatar, how'd that one come about?
Sults had been so kind to use the photobucket-url to the last image-tagline I had, in case I wanted to change it myself if I came up with something good while he's out of tow - so I thought a man pooping in a handbag seemed appropriate :D

x42bn6

Anyone know if FM 2008 Databases will be compatible with 2009?
In theory yes - you can stuff a 2007 database into Football Manager 2008. However, since there's other things changed besides the database...

That said, why do you want to bring over older databases? The new game is going to ship with a new database, fully updated (i.e. Possebon's going to be actually decent in this patch).

x42bn6

Some more information here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=50372

Podcast 3: FM 09 New Features

Just icase you cannot download the podcast here was what revealed

FM 09 News
  • Demo Release - Will be through normal channels but also Steam who have a really large bandwith so the download will be quicker.
  • FM 09 Blogs - Will start on Monday on HMV's website. SI will post info when blogs are posted. New features will also be mentioned in blogs.

FM 09 New Features
  • Retired Squad Numbers - You can retire squad numbers after a number of years a players been at the club but the number was not revealed. Also any squad number retired in real life will be retired in the game ie Man City 23 in memory or Marc Viven Foe and West Ham number 6 for Bobby Moore.
  • Inactive Team Improved - If you do not select a league any player in that league will now play the full season and the number of games will be correct in thier history instead of playing 10-15 games.
  • Player Nationality Improved - Real Life Nationality Laws for different countries cahnged so they are correct with real life. ie A player can qualify for national citzenship after 2 seasons but cannot play for the national team for another 2 years instead of just being 4 years to become a national of the country they play in.
  • Referee Watch - Pundits comment during the post game analysis on how refs proformed during the game.
  • Pre Game injury history - Players injury history from real life is in the game where possible ie major injuries
  • New Sound Effects - Not Revealed but adds effect to match engine
  • Ability to reject all loan offers - You can now reject all loans offers from different clubs for one player instead of rejecting them individual.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I want to know about the tactics engine, thats the important part of this game, the current version doesn't have enough flexibility

x42bn6

I want to know about the tactics engine, thats the important part of this game, the current version doesn't have enough flexibility
It's been improved. Football Manager Live has been used to get some feedback on the match-engine and Football Manager 2009 is going to be based on Football Manager Live's match-engine.

From what I gather, a lot of stupid things have been fixed (i.e. wingers will now actually try and beat their man head-on if you give them correct instructions) and any instructions you give them will be "stronger" (i.e. telling a full-back to cross little and shoot from distance frequently will make the winger aggressively pursue cutting in and shooting from distance - a bit like Philipp Lahm - at the moment, the full-back will sort of get forward, move a bit narrow in and shoot when he's in the correct position).

Arrows are going to be removed (probably to stop cheat tactics like this one) - which is a bit of a shame, though, because I like using these arrows to encourage certain traits, such as Hargreaves and Anderson moving into wider positions occasionally.

The match-engine feedback from Football Manager Live has been constructive and mostly positive and considering most will end up in Football Manager 2009, I assume that's a good thing.

You've made Carrick captain haven't you?
In my game, Rooney is England and Manchester United captain, so anything's possible.

Addict

Red Pavan I was waiting for you to reply. You are banned from all Caf Network games... you cheated in the 2008 game. :mad:

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I'm sure Jacob, Solius, RedDevil and others wont want you playing in the next Caf Network game. We all know you used cheats
Please don't get me started and i can prove to you who cheated, you have no evidence that i cheated, so don't bloody blame me for something you have no right to talk about :mad:

The Flying Potato

Pavan cheated. We were mid-season when he took over Villa, they were doing shit had no money etc he then somehow gets a massive budget and puts Villa in the top richest clubs. I think there was more aswell but it was a while ago so I cant remember exactly but thats the jist of it*

He then accused Jacob of cheating by changing player stats.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Cheating bastards, the lot of ya

Maybe this season I'll join the Network game. tbh last time I played an FM network game I cheated like a cnut, though that was years and years ago now

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
No takeover at Villa, just funds magically appearing?

Name Changed

weso26
Inactive Team Improved - If you do not select a league any player in that league will now play the full season and the number of games will be correct in thier history instead of playing 10-15 games.
I don't understand this. Does this mean that if I play a player in a cup game it will appear in their history, whereas before only league appearances would appear in their history?

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't understand this. Does this mean that if I play a player in a cup game it will appear in their history, whereas before only league appearances would appear in their history?
I think it means if you don't pick say, Belgium as an active league, that any player you send on loan there will stay play the correct number of games for that league, instead of an arbitrary amount like it does at the moment.