Gaming Football Manager 2009

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Yeah I'm guessing cause Giggs is still there you're only a year or 2 in to the game, and the combined cost of those players would be ... erm ... 150m+. Seeing as you haven't sold a single player, there is no fecking chance you'd have that budget at that stage.

So no, no you don't win at FM, you just use the RTE.
Harsh, Foster attracts millions

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Yeah, I sold Foster to Fiorentina once for around £13m once, and they didn't even play him. Second choice behind Frey.

Never thought to sign Messi, Kaka, Maicon, Akinfeev and Moutinho after that though

VP

Yes, yes I did cheat. Just gave United a sugar daddy which did all the difference.

That would be our team if we didn't have the Glazers and the Abu Dhabi lot bought us.

I did manage to get 38m for Tevez, 23m for Carrick, 20m for Hargreaves which was ridiculous.

Cina

Yes, yes I did cheat. Just gave United a sugar daddy which did all the difference.

That would be our team if we didn't have the Glazers and the Abu Dhabi lot bought us.

I did manage to get 38m for Tevez, 23m for Carrick, 20m for Hargreaves which was ridiculous.
So you don't win at FM, do you?

VP

So you don't win at FM, do you?
FFS, I didn't mean people to take it to heart so much.

I always do this sort of thing before the new FM comes out, just a bit of fun for a couple of seasons.

Cina

FFS, I didn't mean people to take it to heart so much.

I always do this sort of thing before the new FM comes out, just a bit of fun for a couple of seasons.
:lol: Relax, I'm only messing.

nimic

something nice
Scout
i did on my inter, but the difference is that giggs and neville have both already retired, and i am in my 3rd season, so how the hell do you legally get them that quick?
It might have been three seasons, I'm not 100% sure. Love, Srna, Veloso (and Marquinhos and Santon) in the first season for £45 million. Then either Messi for ~£30 million in the second, or Messi, Aguero and Adler in the second. Sold Berbatov, Tevez, Anderson, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Park, Macheda, Welbeck etc, etc.

phelans shorts

It might have been three seasons, I'm not 100% sure. Love, Srna, Veloso (and Marquinhos and Santon) in the first season for £45 million. Then either Messi for ~£30 million in the second, or Messi, Aguero and Adler in the second. Sold Berbatov, Tevez, Anderson, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Park, Macheda, Welbeck etc, etc.
i was talking about his not yours :lol:

Eriku

I've got Giggs in my reserves... age 45. The man's got tremendous technique and mental ability, but absolutely no speed and acceleration and of course can't hack it for a full game.

I give him two token games a season, or smth.

He started whining about not getting games, so I offered him to other clubs... They told me that Giggs would never consider leaving United, so nobody would make an offer.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
In my game, Giggsy is managing Wrexham with Scholes as his AM and Neville as a coach.

The mind boggles.

Also, the Damnedest thing - in my game (just at the end of 2017) Liverpool have an absolutely tiny squad. They barely have enough in the first team squad to fill the subs bench, and their reserves/U18s are similar in size. Perhaps the most amusing part of that is that Benitez was still manager right up to about 3 months ago this season, how did that happen?!

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've got Giggs in my reserves... age 45. The man's got tremendous technique and mental ability, but absolutely no speed and acceleration and of course can't hack it for a full game.

I give him two token games a season, or smth.

He started whining about not getting games, so I offered him to other clubs... They told me that Giggs would never consider leaving United, so nobody would make an offer.
Screenshot or it didn't happen..

genuinely this time, though. I've never, ever seen Giggs linger around for more than a couple of seasons. And 45?! :nervous:

::sonny::

I started a game with Leeds :D

1st yr promoted in championship

matri beckford

johnson k.andrews howson n'do

huntington collins michalick rebosio

price

2 yr, I'm first in the league after 26 weeks

zaki (vassell) harewood

ilic salifou schelinder howson

pernia higginbotham beevers omosuzi

s.taylor

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I've never had this problem before, but my United side are inches away every season from Administration... im actually foced to SELL players in January to keep my funds up.

Anyone with experience... How can I fix this? I don't wanna cheat but this seems somewhat unrealistic.

Eriku

Screenshot or it didn't happen..

genuinely this time, though. I've never, ever seen Giggs linger around for more than a couple of seasons. And 45?! :nervous:
Sorry, I couldn't be arsed for the longest time, but here you are:

Good job you said that just then... I print screened soon after your request, and shortly after Giggsy's left me and is now a free agent at 46. I want the bastard to hang up his boots and join my coaching staff!

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791

Good job you said that just then... I print screened soon after your request, and shortly after Giggsy's left me and is now a free agent at 46. I want the bastard to hang up his boots and join my coaching staff!
Shit, look at Giggsy's Mental attributes..

Eriku

Shit, look at Giggsy's Mental attributes..
You'd think that was enough, huh?

Alas, he's only a make-shift player at best, and never lasts more than a half.

At 46 I have to conclude that it's been years since he added anything to the club :(

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
You'd think that was enough, huh?

Alas, he's only a make-shift player at best, and never lasts more than a half.

At 46 I have to conclude that it's been years since he added anything to the club :(
Surely he could be a great tutor to young players with poor mental attributes !?

Now can anyone answer my question? :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout

Okay, now I'm sure you're lying. 19 Marking? Not to mention those mental stats. I'm sorry if I'm being cynical, but I just don't see that happening, ever.

Be honest, FM Real Time Editor?

nimic

something nice
Scout
I've never had this problem before, but my United side are inches away every season from Administration... im actually foced to SELL players in January to keep my funds up.

Anyone with experience... How can I fix this? I don't wanna cheat but this seems somewhat unrealistic.
It's not easy to get a lot of funds as United for the first few years, but you shouldn't be going close to administration unless you never win a trophy and spend way too much on wages. Selling players in January, though, that's something I've done as well. Usually to get more money to buy players though, as opposed to just to stay out of administration. The key is your wage-budget, though.

I came close one season, as I got bored and decided to buy Benzema no matter the cost, and i was getting quite close by the end of the season.

In the end I think Gill gave the club some money to keep us afloat.

And then it's been fine ever since, got about £50m as a I really don't need to buy anyone...in fact, got so many out on loan

Eriku

Okay, now I'm sure you're lying. 19 Marking? Not to mention those mental stats. I'm sorry if I'm being cynical, but I just don't see that happening, ever.

Be honest, FM Real Time Editor?
Yes... and I thought I'd throw a thing like top marking in to see whether it would fluster you.

I updated the game, played it for ages, et voila, Giggsy's stats look like that.

Believe what you want...

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Just finished my first year as Liverpool manager.

Gerrard and Torres were phenomenal. I bought Ruud for £6m and he scored a feck load. I got 92 points and still only got 2nd but I did manage to beat Chelsea in two finals to win both the FA and the League Cup.

I also got taken over by an English fellow. With the money he gave me I bought Ribery, Veloso, Srna, Ruud and a couple of young talents.

Spammy

Just bought Ageuro for £42m, sold injury prone Aquilani for £18m

Aurelio was fantastic for me, still trying to sign a left back though. Clichy, Vargas, Guardado, Cole, Chiellini are the ones I'm going for but feck me they want an arm and a leg.

Cina

Just bought Ageuro for £42m, sold injury prone Aquilani for £18m

Aurelio was fantastic for me, still trying to sign a left back though. Clichy, Vargas, Guardado, Cole, Chiellini are the ones I'm going for but feck me they want an arm and a leg.
Guardado would be a waste at LB, he's the best AML in the game. I think he got me 21 goals and 27 assists in one season. Vargas is class obviously, mainly cause of his set piece taking.

If you want a solid young LB try Joe Mattock, I bought him for about 7.5m in my 3rd season and he's been very good for me. Real Madrid were offering 35m for him at one point.

Spammy

I bought some young spanish right back for £30m.

My team is:

------------------Reina-----------------
Spanish bloke--Carra--Fazio/Agger--Srna
---------Mascherano--Veloso/Gago----
--------Gerrard---Aguero---Ribery------
---------------Torres/Van Nistelrooy---