Gaming Football Manager 2012

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm talking about transfers, transfer fees and players going/refusing to go to clubs. Frankly FM11 was a joke until the 3rd patch.
Well I don't know about that, but Cleverley seems to be a decent winger, Park is one of the best wingers at the club, Rooney is also good on the Left wing, Fletcher is the second best midfielder, and Jones isn't god.

Does anyone ever do player signing press conferences? I didn't before, and I just tried my first in FM12 (Ganso), and the result was predictable. He's unhappy. I stopped doing it altogether an FM or two ago, since it would almost always result in the player being unhappy, and I have no idea why.
I'm doing them this time, and I didn't before. They aren't annoying me too much so maybe they changed a little.

rcoobc

By the way if anyone is negotiating with a player, and the agent fee is higher than your club allows and you can't deselect it, change it to "0" not "not set" or something. I lost two players because of that.

Urbanned

Right, let's get this shit started. Absolutely drowned in uni work, but feck it, let's play FM!

Started a game as FC Paris in the French National (chose them because they have an unusual purple colour). They seem pretty good, trying to decide what formation the squad fits and to cut down on the obscene amount of friendlies I have piled up

rcoobc

Reminder:
As with previously installments of Football Manager, FM12 has a certain file that prevents you from managing the German national term and from current German players showing up in the national team, the applies to the Japanese national team. Fixing this is relatively simple, but the effects will only apply to games you have created after fixing it.

Go to: Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all

Here you will find 3 or more files:
fake.Inc
lic_dan_swe_fra.Inc
nleague.Inc.

To unlock the German national team simply delete the fake.Inc file before you create a new game. The other files cause similar restrictions but apply to different competitions so you may as well delete all the files in this folder.

Note: Official updates contain these files too, so if your game has been patched then you will have to delete the files again in the relevant update folder. For example if your FM12 gets updated to 12.1 version go to > Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\updates\update-12.1\db\1210\lnc\all
Right

Waitey

So can't you just buy the game and install it off the disc, whats the procedure with this?

Sw33t

Where's the cheapest place for this? Most places seem to be the standard £30 jobbo

rcoobc

Starting to think I need a new formation to train my team in. Well I'm certain I do. Not sure whether to wait until the end of the season or not.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Starting to think I need a new formation to train my team in. Well I'm certain I do. Not sure whether to wait until the end of the season or not.
Are you using three tactics? If you aren't then it won't do you any harm to add one as well.

rcoobc

Are you using three tactics? If you aren't then it won't do you any harm to add one as well.
Yeah I've added Alberto's 4-4-2 from FMFormation. Up to now I've been using 2 bog-standard 4-4-2's, one with slightly more freedom and one with a slightly lower tempo and set it to control. I worked out in FM 2011 that the biggest thing you can do is:

• Around 30 minutes into the match, switch to a controlling low tempo variant of whatever tactic you are using.
  • At half time switch back to your regular tactic.
  • At around 60 minutes switch back to your low tempo variant.

It really helps stop your team giving away silly goals as they get tired, and helps them keep their energy to come out of the blocks flying at the start of each half. You will still score goals with it on control, but let the opposition waste their energy try to win the ball back.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I haven't had that problem in FM11. I've used some variant of my own 4-5-1 tactic with 4 different teams in 4 different leagues. In Europe I just go a bit more defensive. It has worked quite well for me.
I never play attacking/overload from the start. No matter how much stronger my team is. There's simply no need for it. I usually have the tempo around the middle and play with control.

Flying Fox

So can't you just buy the game and install it off the disc, whats the procedure with this?
Yep you can install it off the disk. But you will need to install Steam in order to validate it though.

Great thing is though is you can then play the game without the disk in the future. Handy when you've got someone else in the family who is an FM nut.

Ceks

Prefers em hot, and spicy
“We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but
So far really liking this new FM. We really need to get a network game going. Played one last night until 3am with some lads of fm-base. Make it so much better compared to just competiting again AI. Send me a PM if you're from the UK and up for a network game. Won't start tonight though as I'm going out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Very nearly bought this today, but I think I'll wait til I can download it for free. Did that with FM 11 and never had any problems, also much better when you don't need the disk each time.

Cina

I usually buy FM because I get so much game time out of it, but it's €50 on steam which is an utter rip off, so I'm going free this year.

rcoobc

So far really liking this new FM. We really need to get a network game going. Played one last night until 3am with some lads of fm-base. Make it so much better compared to just competiting again AI. Send me a PM if you're from the UK and up for a network game. Won't start tonight though as I'm going out.
I'm up for a network game, but I've never played FM before on a network. Have played other turn games online like Civ though.

LARulz

I'm not buying it for a while. Can't be spending a stupid amount for this, but do want to play it soon enough.

Flying Fox

What is the team challenge again?
Everyone sets up a team and one person chucks them all into a national league (I think we used Malta at one point) and sees how they go. There is also another one where we are created as players in the game, and we see who can be the best until we cant be arsed to run the game anymore.

rcoobc

Everyone sets up a team and one person chucks them all into a national league (I think we used Malta at one point) and sees how they go. There is also another one where we are created as players in the game, and we see who can be the best until we cant be arsed to run the game anymore.
The latter is what I was thinking of, which is why I asked. Both sound fun. I think I could do either at some point in a few weeks time but not at the moment.

rcoobc

On mine, Chelsea just beat Villa 7-0, torres scored 5 including a hat trick inside 15 minutes. The game has gone barmy.

Flying Fox

On mine, Chelsea just beat Villa 7-0, torres scored 5 including a hat trick inside 15 minutes. The game has gone barmy.
On mine, managing Adelaide United, I have the unique ability of always being able to fall behind to some easy goal, and then mounting a "stirring" comeback. Came back from 2 goals down against Melbourne, and then against Sydney...and against Melbourne Heart.

fecks sake.

Then I go wallop some team 4-0. A change in order, you think? Nope! Draw...draw....and, yep, a draw!

The other thing I notice playing in the A-League is that quite often, there'll be space, but my players wont attack it (as Boss-like as that sounds). Infuriating.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'd love to buy it and if it was available to buy in physical format anywhere in India I'd go out and get it but I don't want to get it via Steam.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Still no Reloaded or Skiddrow with uploads :mad:
I repeat what I wrote in the torrent thread.

Getting by Steam usually isn't a big problem but FM2012 got a new wrapper and some other protection things, so wouldn't count on a cracked release soon. The old FM games pretty much had no protection at all so "cracked" releases usually showed up on release day.

Woodzy

Loving it so far. Don't know why but it feels like more of a game than previous versions. The team talks have suddenly become quite fun.

Leg-End

I repeat what I wrote in the torrent thread.

Getting by Steam usually isn't a big problem but FM2012 got a new wrapper and some other protection things, so wouldn't count on a cracked release soon. The old FM games pretty much had no protection at all so "cracked" releases usually showed up on release day.
I'm suprised it took them so long to even get around to creating proper protection for it. It will get cracked eventually and I'm betting inside of a week but by preventing first day releases they might have won a few more purchases from the impatient gamers.

Personally I'm not getting this until I actually need it, too many good games in the next couple of weeks.