Gaming Football Manager 2014

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Finished third in my first season with Everton. Lukaku was an absolute monster, scoring something like 25 goals in 32 games. Sadly, there's no way Chelsea would allow him to go on another loan and I only have about 15 million to spend. Deulofeu was brilliant as well in the 4-2-3-1 formation. I also got Affelay, Simone Pepe and Cleverly on loan and all of them were more than decent. Now I'm left with a depleted squad and feck all to spend. Oh, I also sold the useless bastards Kone and Alcaraz in January and activated Fazio's release clause of 10 mln EU and he's been brilliant for my CL quest.

I really need to strenghten the squad for the Champions League and the domestic campaign. If I hadn't been knocked out of the cups early on, my players would have been jaded near the end of the season and would have missed out on that CL spot so I need quality but lack the funds. I'll probably need to jump into the loan market once again as there tend to be class players that have been transfer listed for some reason and have been made available for loan as well.

I'll probably sell Pienaar as he's been useless and constantly injured but he's currently valued at about 2 million so I can't hope to get more than that. At least I'll free up 60k on the wage bill, which would be nice. If I could strenghten the central and attacking midfield with some quality loan signings and maybe get someone like Rescaldani to replace Lukaku, maybe the second season won't be a complete downfall.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Decided to give the MLS a try but thinking of jacking it in before the season has even started, what a head feck, its so different. Theres too many different kinds of contracts and rules around squad registration. Every time I try to sell a player, teams will only exchange me for some of their 'draft selections', whatever the hell they are.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Best season I've had from any player in any save from Adnan with 35 goals and 42 assists in 48 appearances it's almost unfair for the opposition. :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Decided to give the MLS a try but thinking of jacking it in before the season has even started, what a head feck, its so different. Theres too many different kinds of contracts and rules around squad registration. Every time I try to sell a player, teams will only exchange me for some of their 'draft selections', whatever the hell they are.
Yeah, it's utterly fecking nuts.

Moz

Playing as United and the players are hitting the post/cross bar multiple times every game! It's frustrating as hell. Other people seem to be experiencing this problem too and some are suggesting it's a bug. Has anyone here managed to find a solution?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Playing as United and the players are hitting the post/cross bar multiple times every game! It's frustrating as hell. Other people seem to be experiencing this problem too and some are suggesting it's a bug. Has anyone here managed to find a solution?
Sounds like you're playing the Liverpool mod.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Managed to turn around Saint Etienne's season, lost in the QF of the Coupe de la Ligue to PSG, but I had reached the boards goal, in the QF of the French Cup, and the Europa, and settling in around 9th place in the league. The squad was too strong not to, I believe if I had the full season, I could have gotten them a CL place, but somehow their former manager had gotten them to late Oct. with zero wins and shattered confidence.

Going with a slightly odd formation,

CF​
W/IF-------T---------W​
-----------BTB​
A-------​
WB----CB----CB----WB​
Midfield plays like Man Utd, one CM running all over, and one CM sitting back controlling things, ready to choke off counters, the "Carrick" role.​
If the trequartista was replaced with a workrate player doing a Rooney style job, the whole team would be very United-ish.​
This is on the up and up, in the French Cup final against OL, who I know I can beat, and a 7-0 agg bumming of favourites Udinese sees me into the Europa final against Spurs, who I think I can take, but it'll be hard. In the league I'm up to 7th with 5 games to go, two in hand on the teams either side of me, and one in hand on the few above that. Don't think I'll make CL, but consolidating a spot in the Europa is looking very achievable.

Absolutely loving that 4-1-1-3-1 form, the Anchor has been dropping into LB for coverage, and a 3 CB line up when both wingbacks are up the pitch.

Magnificent turnaround, at one point I was locked deep in relegation, and very close to das boot.

RedMist99

I experience this a fair bit too. Nothing compared to the amount of own goals in my game though. Ridiculous

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Started a career with Spurs, they have some squad :lol: And I have enough to bring in Coentrao, Balanta, Romero, and have a bit to spare.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Used that strikerless formation from earlier to get out of a hole, quiet good.

How much you spending on Coentrao? If you have Coentrao money, you could probably afford Alex Sandro.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Used that strikerless formation from earlier to get out of a hole, quiet good.

How much you spending on Coentrao? If you have Coentrao money, you could probably afford Alex Sandro.

Yeah, it's surprisingly efficient. I still feel dirty without a man up top though.

Got him for 5 million.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah, it's surprisingly efficient. I still feel dirty without a man up top though.

Got him for 5 million.
Seems like it might be a better way to implement a False 9, for me the actual False 9 is too high up the pitch, should be a touch deeper than the Wingers/Inside Forwards.
I once played a formation, 5 back, DM, 2 CM, 2 wingers, attempting to contain Juve. Smashed them.

5 mil, fair enough then, that's a good price, Sandro would be 9-10, IIRC.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
My season for Eitenne ended with major success, despite a brutal, brutal May.

Schedule of games were 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th. The 4th was the French Cup Final, the 14th the Europa.

Lost my 2nd choice AMC, my 1st choice striker, and my 1st choice LB in the first week, and my top DC and MC after the Europa final(thankfully just tiredness).

Won the Cup fairly handily, and the Europa, scraped a penos win playing a 5-4(diamond)-1, and ended the league in 4th. Two points, two points short of a Cl place. fecking delighted though, only had 28 league games, began in 20th with no wins and 7 points(iirc), 59 points in 28 games(for a total of 66) with a squad whos' confidince needed building from scratch, and competing in 3 other competitions, and spent the first 5 months with the axe hovering over my head, a tiny budget and a negative wage budget of 50 or 60k. Also, with the fake players I couldn't do the dirty and pull in the usual gang.

Hardest season I've played by far.

Actually physically drained. :lol: From the axe to untouchable.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I had a regen called Juan Francisco in one of my games. Unfortunately I abandoned it before I took a screenshot.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Also, if anyone's interested I'm thinking of making a database with no people in it so that you can start games with completely randomised players/staff.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Also, if anyone's interested I'm thinking of making a database with no people in it so that you can start games with completely randomised players/staff.
Ah deadly, I was asking was there one around like that, but couldnt find one. Would be cool if you could.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Ah deadly, I was asking was there one around like that, but couldnt find one. Would be cool if you could.
I'll give it a test first but hopefully it works no trouble.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yeah, no worries, take your time.
First go hasn't gone too well. Best players have a CA of 113. There are some promising youngsters but it's not really done a very good job of populating the game.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I've heard it give the likes of United a hatfull of useless regens, without scaling them properly for quality.
United's best player was a center back with 107 CA, the best players in the game had 113 CA. It seems a bit of a lost cause to be honest.

Leg-End

Any guesses for who this is then? Might be the most ridiculous season I've ever had out of a defender in FM history (barring maybe the corner bug tricks from a few years back).

Answer:

Leighton Baines

Siorac

I'll probably give up on this game, it's as shite as all the newer FMs. Since 2009 the series has really been on a constant downward trend.

I did a save where I holidayed up to 2028 and took over Ajax who had not won the league in ten years. Won our first nine league games then inexplicably collapsed. I still have no fecking idea what's wrong. Morale is good, we regularly outplay our opponents; we just can't score and concede from just about every chance. We've won six out of the next 16 games and now we'll struggle to stay even in the top 3. I can't figure out why we can't turn it around.

Of course, injuries play a part: this game also has the delightful tendency of its predecessors to hit your where it hurts; right now I have four CBs and three RBs out, either with injury or on some motherfecking international duty.

HAHAHAA, another CB picked up an injury in the very next game. feck you FM. I'll holiday the rest of the season, I don't need this.

Nickosaur

Any guesses for who this is then? Might be the most ridiculous season I've ever had out of a defender in FM history (barring maybe the corner bug tricks from a few years back).

Answer:

Leighton Baines
Those assists...bloody hell. That would be fantastic for a top class winger/attacking midfielder, let alone a full back. I'm guessing he's taking set pieces but even then, unbelievable.

Siorac

The assman took the team to second with a 7-2-1 record in the last 10 games. It's a shame I can't see what individual roles and team and player instructions he uses because the formation is the same as mine.

I'll probably play this like a Director of Football (which we do have at the club but I don't give a shit about him): I'll mostly deal with signing players, maybe tutoring and stuff; I'll leave the matches to the assman, I just can't deal with the tactical side.

nooshka

I'm having serious problems in my second season with Wolves finished last season in seventh place, with help from the minimal_fuss tactic, in the premiership after being hovering around the relegation zone for the start of the season. This season though i can't seem to win and am down in 12th with a lot of pissed off players. Any ideas on how to turn it round?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Given up with the idea of the strikerless formation, they isn't a team that it works well with. Plus it's too difficult to move around all the players needed.

Think I'll give Spurs a go with a 4-5-1 formation.