Gaming Football Manager 2016

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

Features being announced by Miles and Football Manager Twitter account now.

Match engine video on their IG at 3:15pm GMT.

---
@FootballManager: #FM16 Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline http://t.co/DKGINbgTPg

@FootballManager: #FM16 Big changes and improvements to transfer, contract, player & contract screens (and many more) http://t.co/UKGykjv9qd

@FootballManager: #FM16 TOUCH: Cross-play between desktop & tablet http://t.co/LSgk6rjNHX

@FootballManager: #FM16 Replace an existing team with one of your own. Choose a name, colours & add yourself with Create-a-Club mode http://t.co/R4idbqyt35

@FootballManager: #FM16 Go head-to-head with mates in Fantasy Draft mode http://t.co/wA8ixiFqKz

@FootballManager: #FM16 Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package http://t.co/MMdeBFcWro

@FootballManager: #FM16 EXTRAS: Upgrades to board requests, finances, press conferences & more http://t.co/cK0jjb6jlw

Last edited:

Raptori

Special needs
...meh. I still use 2D view, so the amount of time they spend making the 3D better just seems a waste to me. :p Would much rather see some much-needed complexity added to make longer-lasting saves more interesting.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Every year I'm just like "I think I'll give this one a miss" and then I see features like Create A Club and go "I'm all in"

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Not listed there, but they've updated injuries too,you'll now be told in match what has happened, so you can more easily decide whether to sub or not.

FC Ronaldo

This year's edition will be available from "mid-November" and will "comprise a suite of simulations designed to provide the perfect management experience for the widest possible audience."

Among Football Manager 2016's new additions is the Fantasy Draft mode and the Create-A-Club mode. There will also be the option to have a manager on the touchline. A more detailed list of key features, written by Sega, can be found below.

• New Game Modes: Take on your mates with ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode – which gives you the chance to build your own dream team and compete in a mini league – or add your own custom-built team to any existing league you choose with the new ‘Create-A-Club’ option.
  • Manager on Touch-Line: Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.
  • Improved Match Day Experience: More than 2,000 new animations make the Football Manager 2016 match engine the best ever. There’s also more control when planning set pieces and a new highlights package to keep you up-to-date with all the action from every league.
Sega is releasing two additional Football Manager games for mobile devices. Football Manager Touch--previously available as a quick play mode in older Football Manager games--will now be available standalone on Steam, as well as "high-end tablets."

Key features for Football Manager Touch 2016 can be found below.

• Cross-Save: All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 are 'cross-save compatible' with one another, so careers started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
  • Match Day Experience: Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the Football Manager 3D match engine.
  • Create-A-Club Mode: Add your own club to the game using the 'Create-A-Club' option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and a friend.
Finally, Football Manager Handheld has been renamed Football Manager Mobile, a decision Sports Interactive boss Miles Jacobson said would provide different experiences to suit specific audiences.

"For some time now it’s been clear to us that there is no ‘one size fits all’ football management experience," said Jacobson. "While a huge number of our fans have the time and dedication required to devote themselves to the ‘full’ simulation, there’s an equally-large number who prefer a more streamlined option.

"Not only that, but the widespread availability of mobile devices means that people are playing in different ways. The introduction of Football Manager Touch as a standalone offering – playable across computer and tablet – means that we now offer something for everyone."

Key features for Football Manager Mobile 2016 can be found below.

• Enhanced Tactics: Take greater control of your squad with the introduction of new tactical instructions. You can choose where your team concentrates its passing, as well as selecting your main attacking threat and creative outlet – and even advise your goalkeeper on distribution.
  • Coaching Staff: Prepare your squad for match days better than ever before with the addition of coaches, providing your team with focused training to prepare for their next big fixture.
  • Management Style: The introduction of gold, silver and bronze coaching badges allows you to define your own management style. Will you concentrate on improving your defence or attack, or focus on morale and man management? Your decision will influence your team’s style.

dsch

Hoping that's the tablet version...
I think they said it's the desktop version, but on low-res. It looks like last year's which made the squad list massive so you have to scroll for ages, except now with added extra-ugly icons on the pitch.

Member 5225

...meh. I still use 2D view, so the amount of time they spend making the 3D better just seems a waste to me. :p Would much rather see some much-needed complexity added to make longer-lasting saves more interesting.
exactly the same for me.

Zen

Let's get the Preparation for the obviously broken Fantasy Draft league ready.

feck me, that's awesome. I've always wanted that on Fifa though, 4-6 man leagues online/offline, fantasy draft. Such a basic and amazing idea for a night in with the boys that's took forever.

Raptori

Special needs
It's not, as it has multiple tactics and familiarity levels.
Have they said they won't be doing that in the tablet version?

I think they said it's the desktop version, but on low-res. It looks like last year's which made the squad list massive so you have to scroll for ages, except now with added extra-ugly icons on the pitch.
Ugh that sucks. Wonder if that's the kind of thing that is easily fixed in skins...

dsch

I don't really have much faith in SI now. I mean, they may occasionally make things better by accident, but they're very much wrapped up in their own culture and their forums populated by sycophantic mods.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I don't really have much faith in SI now. I mean, they may occasionally make things better by accident, but they're very much wrapped up in their own culture and their forums populated by sycophantic mods.
That place must be a nightmare to mod, tbf, everyone in complete meltdown all the damn time.

dsch

That place must be a nightmare to mod, tbf, everyone in complete meltdown all the damn time.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. There have been quite a few storms in teacups over the past few years that's set a lot of the community on edge, and their studio head Miles Jacobson doesn't help with inflammatory statements and bad design decisions. (The one good redesign from a few years back was cribbed from a forum member who posted a mockup UI.)

The mods there don't really help themselves, though. Last year, for example, they decided it was a good idea to have a single feedback megathread for the beta version, instead of creating different threads for different issues. This was supposed to reduce clutter, but what ended up happening was that no one knew whether an issue had already been reported because it was buried in the megathread, and no one knew if an issue is being looked at. Meanwhile the mods were locking threads left and right because they violate the single megathread rule, so no one felt like their voice was being heard, nor could anyone connect with others having the same problems.

dsch

I really like the look of this, seems like some graphic ideas of how your tactic will play, especially combinations of instructions. Much needed.

I'm just happy the sliders are back, instead of having to guess based on "more direct", "less pressing", "play narrower", etc.

At least they've fixed one thing about this screen from last year: you can now see whether player instructions are set to defend/support/attack/auto. Last year, they had the ridiculous suggestion that you're supposed to be able to see based on minute repositioning of the icons up or down the pitch. Doesn't look like they've changed anything else from this thread from last year though: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401271-Tactics-Screen

Edit:
Classic Miles. Actually, a bit politer than classic Miles.

Last edited:

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Classic mode FTW. Not been a fan of the full version for a while now.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Every year I'm just like "I think I'll give this one a miss" and then I see features like Create A Club and go "I'm all in"
I'm the complete opposite nowadays. Wanted to buy 2015, looked at my Steam library back log and gave up.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Every one of those sounds amazing, particularly love the idea of Create-a-Club and the Fantasy Draft mode.
You could always create your own club in FM and have been able to for years. You just had to use the editor they provided. It appears, all they have done is make it easier and doable without playing around as much.

Donut

Haven't played FM for a few years now, but these menus look so damn sterile.

dead joe

The only change really needed imo, and it's been that way for years, is in the other clubs' transfer policy. After a few seasons I always end up walking every competition because every team in the game seems to have crap scouts and stacks up average players.

FC Ronaldo

Yeah that tactics screen is horrible. I get the finger friendly migration to integrate tablet usage and create a unified experience but I've always hated a few things in CM/FM, with the tactics being 1st and every step they take lately makes it worse for me...

1) Not being able to freely place players on the pitch
2) Off and on ball formation changes based on differing zones.
3) Training as a whole entity is faceless and completely sterile to me. Perhaps going more gimmicky is against the formula of FM but it's a much needed area for a face lift.
4) Facility interaction - again gimmicky perhaps but it can add depth and control to drive / manage finances as a buildinggn block for transfers, wages etc.
5) The continue button interaction. It's massively dated. How many other games do you click and wait while it catches up?

Raptori

Special needs
@FC Ronaldo good points.

1) Not being able to freely place players on the pitch
Never understood why they removed that. Makes formations so much more formulaic.

2) Off and on ball formation changes based on differing zones.
I swear half of that existed in some management games like a decade ago, where you could completely customise your formation based on about 16 different pitch areas. Would definitely be awesome.

Along with the on/off the ball formations, it'd be great to be able to control the different phases of play. I'd like to have my players press high up the pitch, but only just after losing the ball. After a few seconds, once the other team is definitely in possession, I'd want my team to back off a bit, and only press in our own half.

3) Training as a whole entity is faceless and completely sterile to me. Perhaps going more gimmicky is against the formula of FM but it's a much needed area for a face lift.
Yeah training now sucks. Preferred the older way with the sliders - that way was boring, but at least it wasnt boring and pointless.

4) Facility interaction - again gimmicky perhaps but it can add depth and control to drive / manage finances as a buildinggn block for transfers, wages etc.
Definitely, the number of times I've wanted to pour my ridiculous transfer budget into making massive upgrades to everything... Would be such a great addition.

5) The continue button interaction. It's massively dated. How many other games do you click and wait while it catches up?
In a way there's not much they could do there, since it's so fundamental to how the game works. However, they could easily run most of it in the background before you click continue, so it'd take a hell of a lot less time, and feel much less of a chore.

Jagga7

FM has been poor for years imo. Instead of them adding extra interviews and making it look really ugly, they really need to work on the 3d engine so that the tactics you employ are actually visible.

I've totally lost interest in the game, the one last FM I liked was 10, it was presented brilliantly.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I only play FM Handheld nowadays, such a lovely game for quick joy when you're waiting or shitting. Or just in bed before you go to sleep.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm just happy the sliders are back, instead of having to guess based on "more direct", "less pressing", "play narrower", etc.

At least they've fixed one thing about this screen from last year: you can now see whether player instructions are set to defend/support/attack/auto. Last year, they had the ridiculous suggestion that you're supposed to be able to see based on minute repositioning of the icons up or down the pitch. Doesn't look like they've changed anything else from this thread from last year though: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/401271-Tactics-Screen

Edit:
Classic Miles. Actually, a bit politer than classic Miles.
That guy messaging him used to go my school. Posts rubbish about United all the time on twitter.

Grib

Was waiting on news on this, not enough in it, bit be the first cm/fm game I miss